67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars

22 32.84%
  • MOTU

45 67.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which had a bigger impact on you: Star Wars or MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I loved Battlestar galactica as a kid, it was the closest thing to Star wars on TV.
    I got these pyramid cards online like three or four years ago.

I still need some cubits

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Star Wars was before my time. I still wanted them so bad, but the stores no longer carried them. my friend sold me some of his star wars.
    as for motu. I owned every character & just about every vehicle & play set.
    motu had a lasting impression all my life.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

MOTU hands down, I don't even like Star Wars.

The new films they did were awful imo.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

MOTU has impacted me infinitely more than Star Wars. I was never interested in the movies/toys/etc as a kid. Perhaps it is due the fact I was born in 1981 and was really too young to get into the property. But even as I got older I was never really interested. I have seen the recent movies, but I haven't seen the original ones all the way through. MOTU, on the other hand, I have always been crazy about.

Well MOTU had an influence on me but in all honesty I saw star wars first.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    MOTU of course. I was never a Star Wars fan.
    Between the world we see and the things we fear. There are doors; when they are opened; nightmares become reality.

Star Wars. All my friends remember the faces we had when we realized about Luke & Vader bond and we all despised how Ewoks were able to outgun highly trained special mission imperial forces
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Star Wars was it for me, I got into MOTU around 1983.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

As a kid back in 1978 it was definitely star wars, but presently it is MOTUC's line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    As a kid back in 1978 it was definitely star wars, but presently it is MOTUC's line.
    Presently for me too! But my roots are Star Wars. (Hell, our son is due in 3 months and his name is to be Lucas.....)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    But my roots are Star Wars. (Hell, our son is due in 3 months and his name is to be Lucas.....)
    What's wrong with Malgus, Tyrannus, Sidious or Plagius?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    What's wrong with Malgus, Tyrannus, Sidious or Plagius?
    Maybe the next one . My wife had suggested Anakin but I thought that was pushing it.....lol.

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    MOTU by far. I had quite a bit as a kid, but not to much star wars. Maybe a figure here, and there. I didn't really get into watching the star wars movies until the late 80's early 90's but as for MOTU, the was the cartoon, and the movie.

Tough to decide but i'll say Star Wars.

If we're just talking about the toys then I prefer the MOTU ones, but Star Wars as a whole has made more of an impression on me. I don't feel that Masters has reached it's full potential yet.

Plus my Star Wars collection is definitely larger than my Masters collection.

had to put star wars. throughout most of my life it's held a lot of weight.

HOWEVER, now MOTU has kind of taken over. mainly because i feel it's unspoiled. i still love star wars, and while i like the prequels, they fall very short of the originals. that, and this whole disney deal just makes me think of all the things that can go wrong with star wars.

but MOTU exists in a wierd space of the zeitgeist where it's vaguely remembered by the public, but it really feels like it's mainly us fans that pay attention to it. it's just a little sad that so many only know he-man from a viral video on youtube.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

This is a really though one I'm not sure if I can answer.
    I was into MOTU slightly before Star Wars but MOTU went away for me after NA and didn't come back into my life untill the build up to 200x. Where as Star Wars has always been in my life ever since I become a fan.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'm still really surprised MOTU has beat Star Wars by such a wide margin as Star Wars references are EVERYwhere in Pop Culture. My wife...who had never watched the movies till recently constantly tells me how she can't esvape Star Wars as every show she watches seems to make a reference eventually. But then again..this is He-Man's house....lol.
    Last edited by He-Dad; September 29, 2013 at 01:32pm.

I'm still really surprised MOTU has beat Star Wars by such a wide margin as Star Wars references are EVERYwhere in Pop Culture.
    Well what do you expect you posted it on a He-man site....

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Masters of the Universe!

Both properties were huge favorites of mine when I was growing up, but Masters of the Universe is tops. My sister and I loved Star Wars. As films go, it doesn't get much better than the original trilogy. And the toys were great. But, Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power was more fun to play with. For the most part, it was hard to make up original stories with Star Wars toys. With Masters of the Universe, it was pretty much a blank slate in terms of imagination. It's not like you could have continual stories in the cantina or on Endor. You see the films, and there's not as much wiggle room in terms of creative play.

Masters of the Universe also had cooler action features, the best bad guys, neater playsets, and were much more colorful.

Love Star Wars, but it the biggest impact was Masters of the Universe for me. Hey, there's a reason it knocked Kenner's Star Wars off the toy pedestal back in the 80's.

Master of New Adventures!
    It was MOTU until I saw BJH in all those outfits.

I know right?!?! Go figure lol.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    It was MOTU until I saw BJH in all those outfits.
    I know right?!?! Go figure lol.
    I make evil look good.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Foreseeing the new comic looks like Star Wars had a bigger effect on TG....lol

MOTU by a nose. She-Ra had a sword, while Princess Leia never got her own light saber in the movies. My childhood self was super bummed! However, in the toy department it is MOTU hands down.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I liked Star Wars a lot. A whole lot. But I was never really an obsessive Star Wars fan the way I was with MOTU.