Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second-tier characters in the movie.

Second-tier characters in the movie.

Which second-tier (or lower) character would you like to see get a bit of screen time in the new movie? And... Do you honestly think they could work in live-action? I nominate Snout Spout. Could he work? Maybe. He could blast a fire out with his nose of something. Actually, that could look pretty cool. Depending on the tone of the movie, of course. So who d'ya wanna see?

I'ld like to see some Horde members....maybe Mosquitor or Grizzlor.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MLHumble View Post
    Which second-tier (or lower) character would you like to see get a bit of screen time in the new movie? And... Do you honestly think they could work in live-action? I nominate Snout Spout. Could he work? Maybe. He could blast a fire out with his nose of something. Actually, that could look pretty cool. Depending on the tone of the movie, of course. So who d'ya wanna see?
    I think Snout Spout would be cool but for me id have him in the (short) distance putting out a fire, some mystery for fans, imagine kids saying and thinking who in the hell was that guy with the elephant head.

For me i hope that Two-Bad would be in the movie, i think he would appeal to kids for sure, kids also relate very well to saying two-bad. Not only does he look very scary but with a back story movie goers would be interested in as to know he became 2.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Ooh! How bout this: The camera will pan across a jungle or something. And there, hidden in in a tree, for a split second, if you look really close, you see... Loo-kee! Sorry, but that would be awesome. No matter the tone of the movie.

Clamp Champ for the sake of diversity.

Plundor should be in it for sure

Ooh! How bout this: The camera will pan across a jungle or something. And there, hidden in in a tree, for a split second, if you look really close, you see... Loo-kee! Sorry, but that would be awesome. No matter the tone of the movie.
    You could use Moss-Man much the same way!

Stinkor - in glorious Smell-O-Vision™
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Stinkor - in glorious Smell-O-Vision™
    that would rock!

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    You could use Moss-Man much the same way!
    Totally! That would be great!

Anything is possible with a new movie, and any character, even the B and C listers can still shine if handled correctly.

Personally, I'd rather see Snout Spout charge through a flaming blockade of debris from a crumbling building or guard tower, snuff out a blaze with a vaporous blast from his trunk (C02 would be more visually exciting than water) and then scoop up the victims and transport them to safety. He-Man can't be everywhere at once, and this sequence would allow the mammoth, armored elephant themed hero to do more than simply spray water on something.

One can do alot in a single minute of film with a character, if its done correctly. A movie that properly utilizes characters for the most visual impact would not only be exciting, it would allow for some great surprises and fan pleasing moments, both old and new.

Let's hope that if Snout Spout does appear to save the day, he doesn't have his 1980s voice and babble something like "Me! Snout Spout! Me save you! Water puts out fire! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!!" Elephant sounds! There are about three dozen reasons (mainly childish characters) I didn't buy a single movie from the Transformers franchise, yet I own a very expensive LOTR set. Peter Jackson made quality films.

For Moss Man, personally I'd like to see him charge into battle, and trim down Skeletor's warriors with cool plant themed weapons. Perhaps entangle Beastman in some vines, perhaps saving some guardsmen from being mauled to death, and then cripple some assault vehicles, before launching himself over the most elite of Skeletor's goons to face bonehead head on. Ofcourse one does not face Skeletor alone, and Moss Man is quickly vaporized by a blast from the havoc staff or a well timed fireball from Evil-Lyn.

He can later be revealed, reconstituting himself from various plant matter on the battlefield when the fight is over. This sequence could literally run for 2 minutes, be visually impacting, leave you wondering if the cool looking plant guy survived, and surprise you at the end. Kids will love it. Genius!
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 5, 2013 at 03:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Anything is possible with a new movie, and any character, even the B and C listers can still shine if handled correctly.

Personally, I'd rather see Snout Spout charge through a flaming blockade of debris from a crumbling building or guard tower, snuff out a blaze with a vaporous blast from his trunk (C02 would be more visually exciting than water) and then scoop up the victims and transport them to safety. He-Man can't be everywhere at once, and this sequence would allow the mammoth, armored elephant themed hero to do more than simply spray water on something.

One can do alot in a single minute of film with a character, if its done correctly. A movie that properly utilizes characters for the most visual impact would not only be exciting, it would allow for some great surprises and fan pleasing moments, both old and new.

Let's hope that if Snout Spout does appear to save the day, he doesn't have his 1980s voice and babble something like "Me! Snout Spout! Me save you! Water puts out fire! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!!" Elephant sounds! There are about three dozen reasons (mainly childish characters) I didn't buy a single movie from the Transformers franchise, yet I own a very expensive LOTR set. Peter Jackson made quality films.

For Moss Man, personally I'd like to see him charge into battle, and trim down Skeletor's warriors with cool plant themed weapons. Perhaps entangle Beastman in some vines, perhaps saving some guardsmen from being mauled to death, and then cripple some assault vehicles, before launching himself over the most elite of Skeletor's goons to face bonehead head on. Ofcourse one does not face Skeletor alone, and Moss Man is quickly vaporized by a blast from the havoc staff or a well timed fireball from Evil-Lyn.

He can later be revealed, reconstituting himself from various plant matter on the battlefield when the fight is over. This sequence could literally run for 2 minutes, be visually impacting, leave you wondering if the cool looking plant guy survived, and surprise you at the end. Kids will love it. Genius!
    Awesome ideas!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    If Hollywood calls to inform me that I will be directing the movie,, in the next 20mins..

..then I will put Lookie in the movie, somewhere.

I would have to say Moss Man, or Webstor. MM has always been one of my favorite good guys, they could do some really cool stuff with his plant powers. Webstor would be great to see just because of his creepy spider presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    I think you can afford to make a call, then. Don't worry about missing a call.
    I dont know anybodys number though..

Old school artichoke-head Evil-Seed would be sweet. Just a cameo...

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    As long as we get REAL 2nd tier characters this time around..Lubic, Gwildor, Kevin and Julie will never be as awesome as Stratos, Ram Man, Orko. I suppose it's okay we got figures out of Saurod, Blade but I would've preferred they'd gone with Tri Klops and Kobra Khan for that first movie, and it doesn't look like that would've been too difficult

I hope we see alot, even if it's just cameos.

Dusk settles on Eternos palace. A lone silhouetted gaurd patrols the wall. Suddenly, a flock of birds flys over the castle. The gaurd extends his neck for a better view. Bam! A core Master is in the movie & it took 8.3 seconds to show him.

Not the way I would prefer, but at least Mek would be in the movie.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Man I want to see all the characters! I know it can't happen, but a couple I would really like to see would be all of the Horde, Trap Jaw, Rio Blast and Snout Spout would be cool too.

Trap-Jaw... How wicked COULD he look! Oh I hope if he's used, he's done right!

Netossa!! After getting her figure, I would love to see her make a brief cameo (maybe battle scene) in the new movie.

Orko. Play him as comedy relief but don't make him an annoying, 'too-kiddie' character.

Plus he'd be a cool special effect.

This question begs another: who qualifies as "Top-Tier"? Some are obvious. Can't really have a MOTU movie without He-Man or Skeletor, but people above have suggested characters such as Stratos and Trap Jaw be thrown in as Second-Tier when I would consider them mainstays. I would probably consider Orko a secondary character, but if I think about it he's probably got more screen time than a lot of Masters I would consider must-haves.

I think it comes down to this: as a part of world-building you ought to have as many characters as you can. Have you ever read JLA / Avengers? Every single character who has ever been a member of either team gets an appearance, and at least one panel in which to show off how cool they are. I'd suggest a similar approach to a MOTU film. Give every single character screen time, no matter how cool or how lame they are. They don't all need a character arc, they don't all need a big fight scene. I just think every character ought to be given a moment, a couple seconds of screen time, to demonstrate their existence. Clawful Ofit's idea for a Mekanek cameo is a perfect example. The idea of showing Snout Spout saving people would be great as well. Just three or four seconds worth of screen time.

Of course, we cannot allow these cameos to detract from the main characters. I'm going to suggest a five man band of He-Man as the Hero, Teela as the Lancer, Ram-Man as the Big Guy, Man-At-Arms as the Smart Guy, Stratos as the Sixth Ranger who occasionally comes in from Avion to help out. Prince Adam will be the Chick, if necessary.

BUT! I digress. It's all about the cameos.

so long as they fit in the movie's story I say all of them even if it is for a couple seconds at best Cameos don't hurt the film and it sure adds a little something for the fans and possible future characters. I doubt very much that the clone troopers in STAR WARS would have anything to do with BOBA FETT if he did not become such a major character in the SW universe. or that JAR JAR BINKS parts would be cut down to a scene by the third film. Besides my inner child still wants to see JITSU on the big screen.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Masters of the Universe has a great balance to it, like a chessboard.

If you can understand how one character affects another, then you can determine what characters are best for the best telling of the story.

..but Hollywood will likely not be telling a story.