Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything worth getting today on MattyCollector?

Heroic Warrior

Anything worth getting today on MattyCollector?

Was planning on the Rorschach but if I can add some MOTU stuff without too much extra shipping. I was thinking Griffin but not sure how good the figure is.

Heroic Warrior
    Getting 2 Rorschachs. in and out in less than one minute.
    Last edited by Romadon; January 15, 2013 at 12:01pm.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    I was thinking Griffin but not sure how good the figure is.
    I think the Griffin has a very nice look and sculpt (well, except for the lack of "elbow" articulation on the wings, so he seems to be always "flying", just like Swiftwind). What's not so nice at all is the new shipping price hike ($30 for shipping it outside the US). I would've bought a second (and maybe even a third one) if not for that outrageous price gouging.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

If you don't have a sub than Netossa is well worth it.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yeah, Netossa would be a good add. The Griffin is pretty sweet as well.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Snappy Threader
    Griffin is very cool if you need it....

1 Extra Netossa (1 in sub) and a Griffin!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Netossa is the obvious answer!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

nothing for me
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I bought my Griffin yesterday from Amazon with free shipping for $37, so he'll be here in a week or so. After seeing how much the shipping was going to be on Matty yesterday I passed....What a rip off. From Amazon I saved $10.

But the figure itself from what I have seen and can tell is just as good as Battle Cat and Panthor, with the wings of Swiftwind, I have no issues from any one of those 3 figures....so I am assuming Griffin will be just as good. And the sculpt is awesome.

I have Netossa coming already, and I'm not sure if I'm keeping her though. Ram-Man is what I was waiting for....but I am glad I have Griffin coming, I had to pass because of finances last year. The Matty sale rejuvenated my want for him, I was all set to buy yesterday but they wanted too much, so I went to Amazon.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Having already received my sub I can say Netossa is an AMAZING figure!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Possibly Horde Prime to give Cy-Chop a nice pair of hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Possibly Horde Prime to give Cy-Chop a nice pair of hands.
    That's something that has crossed my mind; however, international shipping for 2 figures now has spiked up to $22 >> So $76 for 2 MOTUC's is quite too much for my budget
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

WOW!! Now I see what people are talking about with the shipping on these things. I haven't actually looked in to and played around with it myself until now, but it's obviously that they're ripping people off with it.

And for those International folk, lemme tell you it isn't just you. The domestic prices are just as insane and totally false as I ship crap all the time and can tell you that some of those configurations aren't EVEN CLOSE!!

I really hope it's just an error and it gets fixed or there's going to be some SERIOUS problems with sales which will then only translate in to bad news....

Also...for the first time ever UPS Ground is actually cheaper then USPS Parcel Post/Select? That can't be right either....

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Already getting 3 Netossas via SUB !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Heroic Warrior
    15 dollars for one figure, my God what a rip off. Matty should start putting out free shipping promotions. These prices are outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    WOW!! Now I see what people are talking about with the shipping on these things. I haven't actually looked in to and played around with it myself until now, but it's obviously that they're ripping people off with it.

And for those International folk, lemme tell you it isn't just you. The domestic prices are just as insane and totally false as I ship crap all the time and can tell you that some of those configurations aren't EVEN CLOSE!!

I really hope it's just an error and it gets fixed or there's going to be some SERIOUS problems with sales which will then only translate in to bad news....

Also...for the first time ever UPS Ground is actually cheaper then USPS Parcel Post/Select? That can't be right either....
    I just shipped a Leader class HFTD Starcream to CA for $7 Priority Mail USPS....3 days, it was there. Now he's heavier than a basic MOTUC, and just as heavy as Battle Cat....so.... How is it that DR charges $10 & (for basic figure) $13 (for a Beast) for a week long Trailer ride across the country for basic snail mail?

I could go right now, and ship something 7-10 days myself for half that. That Starscream would have been $5....I looked into it, and for an extra $2 I just went for faster shipping. I haven't noticed an increase yet in prices, I still ship for what I shipped for last year. If it's coming, whatever, but it's not here yet, at my local USPS office.

No one can tell me DR doesn't get shipping discounts for bulk shipping, everywhere I worked that shipped things did....no matter where they went.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Well I guess this it's ok to post this here. The Griffin (named Peter, hehe) I ordered yesterday from Amazon just got here. (I love Prime) He is awesome! If anyone is on the fence he is really cool!

Still though I ordered it yesterday, same as Shadowfall, for $37...and he's already here. I think early access is gonna cost Mattel money. I saved $10 & got it in 1 day. I think I'll be shopping around from now on. I'm not giving free money away.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Had to get me Rorschach, always wanted the comic versions.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Thanks to the insane shipping costs, nothing for me except the sub. I was planning on getting the griffin but 30 for shipping is too much.

Got a Saint Walker. Passed on the Griffin because of outrageous shipping costs!

Wow, I had no idea that regular US shipping for ONE MOTUC basic figure is $9.90 now. What are they smoking at Digital River?! This is all going to make me 2nd and 3rd guess any figure I want from now on.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I just shipped a Leader class HFTD Starcream to CA for $7 Priority Mail USPS....3 days, it was there. Now he's heavier than a basic MOTUC, and just as heavy as Battle Cat....so.... How is it that DR charges $10 & (for basic figure) $13 (for a Beast) for a week long Trailer ride across the country for basic snail mail?

I could go right now, and ship something 7-10 days myself for half that. That Starscream would have been $5....I looked into it, and for an extra $2 I just went for faster shipping. I haven't noticed an increase yet in prices, I still ship for what I shipped for last year. If it's coming, whatever, but it's not here yet, at my local USPS office.

No one can tell me DR doesn't get shipping discounts for bulk shipping, everywhere I worked that shipped things did....no matter where they went.
    I know this has been pointed out many times before, but it bears repeating... What we are charged is not shipping; it is shipping & handling. As with most "mail order" companies, the price you pay to receive your item is not meant to be nor represent the actual shipping cost to the company, but encompasses their costs for materials & labor to pack the items as well as shipping. This isn't included in the base price of the item. Amazon is able to lose money on their shipping & handling charges because of their relatively low overhead, income from 3rd party sales managed on their site, variable profit margin on items across a wide range of categories, etc. Typically, companies only make profit on their goods, not their shipping & handling charges, which most companies are lucky to break even with. As with the rest of the prices/costs with the line, for the most part shipping & handling has been stable since day 1 with no increase, despite the very likely increase in costs to them. They should have increased shipping & handling fees over the years incrementally probably, just as many feel they should have with figures. It possibly could have helped this year's prices feel less dramatic... but then again, maybe not. The price for Priority Mail Flat Rate is going up about $2 across the board with costs for non-flat rate increasing in the neighborhood of 10% across the board.

The costs do feel a bit high, but people need to stop comparing what shipping themselves costs or what Amazon charges when they have the conversation... it's apples, oranges & bananas in comparison.

I picked up a few extra Horde Primes for custom fodder. I have a Netossa coming on the sub, but nothing else appeals today.

Got a Rorschach. Wish I would have gotten the sub so I would have paid the exact same amount.