Thread: Vintage Skeletor Head on Classics Body

Widget

Vintage Skeletor Head on Classics Body

Hey guys
    I have asked around and I cant seem to find anyone who has done this before... (I am sure it must have been done tho)
    I thought it would be cool to use a resin cast of the vintage skeletors head and adapt it a classics body...
    I think it works quiet well despite being slightly oversized for the body (and thus giving it a slight bobble head look).
    I still have to touch up the paint job to get it just right but I am stoked with the result.
    Next step is to repackage it MOC (If i can get a MOC skeletor at a decent price)

Note: if you look at the sculpt for the vintage head without the gaudy paint, it is actually a fairly impressive piece.

Thoughts?

577837_10151405794803033_1842965041_n.jpg383912_10151412418898033_499738623_n.jpg

Cheers
    J-F

Melbourne, Australia

I like it. I actually have a spare vintage head that I put on my MOTUC Skeletor sometimes. You're right, the paint is a bit much for MOTUC, but it's a great design.

By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Snappy Threader
    Looks pretty good actually, I was surprised....

I really like it! If it were me, and it isn't, but IF it were me, I'd shave the neck down just a bit....well done!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Widget
    l head is attached via the ball joint so l will drill it out a little more

Wow...I thought it would look small, but it seems to be in realistic scale! Pretty neat, thanks for the look!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Wow...I thought it would look small, but it seems to be in realistic scale! Pretty neat, thanks for the look!
    The vintage head is actually slightly bigger than the Classics head. I think the opposite is true for He-Man.

By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Widget
    its not so the size of the head but way its mounted. It sits very low on the neck and thus the slight bobble head of the vintage head.