View Poll Results: Who gets cut from a 12 figure subscription?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunga the Harpy

8 6.35%
  • Despara

13 10.32%
  • 200x Sorceress

26 20.63%
  • Darius

15 11.90%
  • Dylamug

7 5.56%
  • Hawke

5 3.97%
  • Granita

9 7.14%
  • Crita

4 3.17%
  • Lord Masque

1 0.79%
  • Vultak

0 0%
  • Lodar

6 4.76%
  • King Miro

13 10.32%
  • Delora

19 15.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Sacrifice in 2016?

Who Would You Sacrifice in 2016?

Imagine for a moment that 2016 offers a full-year's selection (one figure a month) disregarding out of sub items, beasts, etc.

The main subscription, therefore, is 12 main figures.

Mattel has offered 13 possible candidates. The one voted out will never be made.

Who will you sacrifice? Choose the character that won't get made so that 12 others will.
    Last edited by Poweron; March 29, 2015 at 12:45am.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

What if there's more than one that we don't want?

What if we can think of a dozen figures we'd rather have than your list?
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

200X Sorceress. I don't particularly care if I get her, while the others would be swell. They certainly aren't my TOP picks though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

First off, I'm just going to say that all of these selections would be great for a sub year's worth of figures, I would like all of them. If I had to eliminate one release, I would "cheat" and offer Delora with an alternate Hawke head, Filmation style. Hawke would never get officially made but we can alternate Delora to create Hawke's look ourselves with a simple head swap.
    Last edited by Count Judas; March 29, 2015 at 02:10am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    What if there's more than one that we don't want?

What if we can think of a dozen figures we'd rather have than your list?
    Well you don't have to play if you don't want to.

Heck, I could think of a dozen I'd want more than a few on this list as well. I just tried to go by what I've seen as many of the most popular choices in order to see who might "kill one of their babies" so that the others might live. Just a fun way to gauge popularity of figure choices.

If you dislike a lot of this list, just choose the one you'd like to see eliminated the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    First off, I'm just going to say that all of these selections would be great for a sub year's worth of figures, I would like all of them. If I had to eliminate one release, I would "cheat" and offer Delora with an alternate Hawke head, Filmation style. Hawke would never get officially made but we can alternate Delora to create Hawke's look ourselves with a simple head swap.
    I knew when I made Delora the last figure that someone would cheat with the head swap option!

Good for you for being "all in" (at least with this selection).
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Not that i don't want him, just that he's not a priority as forthcoming release;
    so Miro gets back to Despondos here.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    200x Sorceress. I already have the Sorceress. The rest are unique characters, so daddy wants.
    Motu short short stories.

Motu Mini-comic

Public service announcement: Use of the term muppet head to describe any vintage head is not an insult, because muppets are awesome, and you're wrong. We now return you to your regularly scheduled something something.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Delora I can do without. Actually I can do without most of the choices but it was between Delora and Despara. I reasoned that Despara would make a cooler looking action figure to me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    There is no way that Granita would be a regular monthly release figure, so I have no qualms whatsoever in eliminating her. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    Well you don't have to play if you don't want to.

Heck, I could think of a dozen I'd want more than a few on this list as well. I just tried to go by what I've seen as many of the most popular choices in order to see who might "kill one of their babies" so that the others might live. Just a fun way to gauge popularity of figure choices.

If you dislike a lot of this list, just choose the one you'd like to see eliminated the most.

I knew when I made Delora the last figure that someone would cheat with the head swap option!

Good for you for being "all in" (at least with this selection).
    If you'd made it multiple choice I would have voted, but there's no way I'm only eliminating one of your NA selections!

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

Eliminated Darius. Useless to me

Later, 200X Sorceress!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

If you'd made it multiple choice I would have voted, but there's no way I'm only eliminating one of your NA selections!
    Go ahead and list them then.

What is your list of eliminations from the list in the poll? I actually am very curious to see.

(Though I'm sure I can guess the top two . . . )

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    From the characters in the poll, for me the choice was an instant no-brainer: that horrendous abomination called Despara absolutely goes out. It wouldn't bother me one bit if we were spared the pain of having to hear of such a disgraceful defilement of the Adora/She-Ra character ever again in MotU lore.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Go ahead and list them then.

What is your list of eliminations from the list in the poll? I actually am very curious to see.

(Though I'm sure I can guess the top two . . . )
    Eliminate: Darius, Crita

Don't actually want, but would deal with having included in a sub: Dylamug

I would be fine with Hawke OR Delora, but both is silly.

Don't care one way or the other: Lodar, Vultak, Lord Masque, Hunga the Harpy.

Figures in this list I actually want: Granita, Hawke, 200x Sorceress, King Miro, Despara.

If 2016 looks a lot like your list above, I wouldn't sub. There's just a lot of characters I'm apathetic towards in that list.

On the other hand, give me some Mask of Power Demons, some Trollans, Nu52 Green Goddess of Serpos, some sort of Beast-Man Horde Wraiths, Odiphus, Tuvar and Badra, Stridor, Filmation, 200X, and Nu52 variants, etc and I may sign up for another year!
    Last edited by No-Ah; March 30, 2015 at 12:13am.

I'd eliminate 200X Sorceress without a second thought.

I'll almost always pick new characters over variants, especially one I have no use for.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

On the other hand, give me some Mask of Power Demons, some Trollans, Nu52 Green Goddess of Serpos, some sort of Beast-Man Horde Wraiths, Odiphus, Tuvar and Badra, Stridor, Filmation, 200X, and Nu52 variants, etc and I may sign up for another year!
    Oh man! That's not a bad line-up. Love it.

But if you had to sacrifice one element of that line-up to insure the rest were made . . . who would it be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I'd eliminate 200X Sorceress without a second thought.

I'll almost always pick new characters over variants, especially one I have no use for.
    I'll tell you. This is how I saw things going for the most part. I was worried that the variant was the weak link that would draw the elimination choice, and I fear that I may have been right (according to current numbers).

Oh man! That's not a bad line-up. Love it.

But if you had to sacrifice one element of that line-up to insure the rest were made . . . who would it be?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll tell you. This is how I saw things going for the most part. I was worried that the variant was the weak link that would draw the elimination choice, and I fear that I may have been right (according to current numbers).
    It's still the case that Org members are bigger fans of the deep cuts than your average current or potential fan. Sure, the variant will be the loser, or one of the losers in a poll like this when it is hosted here. We know who the Org is/are. They like PoP more than the average customer. They tolerate NA better than the average customer. And an out-sized portion of them got into Classics from the very beginning - which means variants have less pull for them than for people who may not own ANY versions of the main characters.

As far as me going without one of the characters I mentioned? I'll stick just to the ones I specifically mentioned, not the vague "variants, etc":

I want a Stridor, but I'd live without him for the figures I want.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    No, it's not silly. Not in the least in fact. There are 3 Deloras (Filmation, Ladybird, minicomics) and only 1 of them has any semblance of Hawke. Plus Filmation Delora differs from 200X Hawke about as much as Zodac from Zodak and these had distinct separate releases. So even up to 4 separate releases of these characters would be fully justified (Ladybird Delora, Minicomics Delora, Filmation Hawke/Delora [same body, alternate heads], 200X Hawke [possibly with novel alternate 200X Delora head]).

- - - Updated - - -

We know who the Org is/are. They like PoP more than the average customer. They tolerate NA better than the average customer.
    Sure, because you say so. May we also say that Orgers like 200X more than the average customer and that's why the 200X minisub didn't fail?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Despara

Hate the look. Hate the concept. Simple as that. She-Ra doesn't get enough respect as is, the last thing we need is to make a figure that sullies her reputation.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Despara

Hate the look. Hate the concept. Simple as that. She-Ra doesn't get enough respect as is, the last thing we need is to make a figure that sullies her reputation.
    I think Despara (the DC Comics version, not the mini-comic version) gives She-Ra more respect and further illuminates Adora's need for redemption after her time with the Horde. It's like Cecil from Final Fantasy 4...he was a Dark Knight before he became a Paladin. Adora has a similar theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine for a moment that 2016 offers a full-year's selection (one figure a month) disregarding out of sub items, beasts, etc.

The main subscription, therefore, is 12 main figures.

Mattel has offered 13 possible candidates. The one voted out will never be made.

Who will you sacrifice? Choose the character that won't get made so that 12 others will.
    Wow. This is a really tough poll. It's like picking children. I like Lodar the least, but I would want him to get made eventually.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Despara gives She-Ra more respect and further illuminates Adora's need for redemption after her time with the Horde.
    I agree.

To me, Despara is the same as Force Captain Adora from FILMation. The only difference is that Despara comes from a more realistic and mature storyline. Nobody is going to be Force Captain of The Horde and not get some blood on their hands. Add in Shadow Weaver's evil magic and I can see how Despara could be manipulated into thinking her actions with The Horde were just.

In my opinion, it adds so much to She-Ra's character.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It satisfies the demand from both sets of cartoon fans.

Delora will make an above average load of money because most Filmation fans will buy doubles of her to make Filmation Hawke.

MYP Hawke has her own distinct look.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    No, it's not silly. Not in the least in fact. There are 3 Deloras (Filmation, Ladybird, minicomics) and only 1 of them has any semblance of Hawke. Plus Filmation Delora differs from 200X Hawke about as much as Zodac from Zodak and these had distinct separate releases. So even up to 4 separate releases of these characters would be fully justified (Ladybird Delora, Minicomics Delora, Filmation Hawke/Delora [same body, alternate heads], 200X Hawke [possibly with novel alternate 200X Delora head]).

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, because you say so. May we also say that Orgers like 200X more than the average customer and that's why the 200X minisub didn't fail?
    Well, you could ask me WHY I think we have more PoP fans than the general customer base, rather than assuming I have no reason at all, couldn't you?

The reason WHY I say PoP is more popular with Org members than otherwise is because of the numbers we reported for the mini-sub. If our internal numbers are to be believed, the PoP mini-sub way out-sold the 200X mini-sub. However, Matty tells us that the 200X mini-sub apparently sold slightly better than the PoP mini-sub. This would suggest that we have an above average number of PoP fans present and an under-average number of 200X fans. It's not a good thing. It's not a bad thing. It is a bias.

As far as Hawke vs Delora, yes, it would be pretty darn silly to spend two monthly slots in a single year on female Avions, rather than any other characters which could be picked.

I picked Despara.

I like the design, but if I had to pick one that would never happen, I just have to pick the new one. I won't tell anyone else that they shouldn't get things they've been wanting for years or decades.

I'm also just going to point out that 200X Sorceress is one of my biggest wants still. What's wrong with her? Is it because people hate her redesign? Just consider it a new character. Is it because they consider her a variant? Despara is a variant too, and one with less history. Why do people have to hate on 200X Sorceress so much?