• C-List

0 0%
  • D-List

0 0%
  • Z-List

0 0%

Thread: Rank Beast Man's Importance.

Rank Beast Man's Importance.

I've always thought it would be fun to try and have the community rank the importance of the different characters in the world of MOTU and I have always been curious to see what the general consensus is for the importance of certain characters. So I thought it was high time we did just that. If this poll concept proves to be popular enough, I'll keep rolling them out.

Below are the 5 tiers for ranking the importance of the character in question.

A-List: Integral to the story and the franchise. MOTU isn't MOTU without them. You don't mind purchasing different versions of this character as you feel they are deserving of them. This character is one that you feel is truly worthy of Mattel labeling them as a heavy hitter for the quarterly sub slot in MOTUC.

B-List: Integral to the story and the franchise. MOTU isn't MOTU without them. This is a very important character for you, however you feel they only deserve a single release and should be kept away from the quarterly sub slot.

C-List: They might not be integral to the story in your eyes but this is an excellent supportive character that helps to round out the story, franchise and your collection.

D-List: Fills the role of guest star, background character and cameo maker for you. You don't mind this character existing but they're not a high priority for you. This is a character you can wait for.

Z-List: You'd rather forget about this character entirely. Should they never be mentioned again in MOTU-lore, you would be quite happy.

Without further ado, the first character to be ranked is none other than Beast Man!

beastman01_full.jpg
    Last edited by Jean; January 9, 2012 at 08:53am.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Imho, A-List without a shadow of a doubt!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Beastman is an A-List character without a doubt. I don't know that I need that many variants of him, but I could think of at least one or two. Beastman is motu's number one henchman. There are characters more important within the world of Eternia itself, but Beastman has literally been there from the beginning. He was a wave one figure, he was in the original mini-comics, he was always there in Filmation, and he was with Skeletor longer than anyone. Even longer than Evil Lyn, Tri-Klops, and Trap Jaw.

Beastman is basically Skeletor's personal bodyguard and servant. If Beastman isn't A-List, then I don't know who is.

Of course Beast Man is A-List. There is no debate about it. He was one of the only familiar Skeletor minion other than Evil-Lyn to appear in the '87 movie. He's been a core Evil Warrior ever since MOTU's debut back in '82.

A list. he's an original, and he's the "second hand" man.

Is this really a poll question? Beast Man is an A lister everyday of the week & AA on Sunday.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    A-list! DUH!

Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

He's not my most favorite in his first release because I'm not a fan of rage faces, but I do think he is important and deserving of another release in a quarterly variant slot. He is also a key henchman.

*edit A-list, I forgot to say that*
    Last edited by slackrguy; January 12, 2012 at 09:22am.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    beastman is to skeletor as maa is to he-man.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

B-List (according to the standards laid out by Jean). Normally, I'd concur with A-List, but I don't need a variant of him. (I do love my variants though!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    B-List (according to the standards laid out by Jean). Normally, I'd concur with A-List, but I don't need a variant of him. (I do love my variants though!)
    Well, I'm going off what Mattel told us, that the heavy hitters/A-listers are the ones worthy of getting a quarterly variant slot.

Though if going by their standard is causing conflict in the way people are voting, I could certainly rework it slightly, adding a AAA category for A-listers deserving of variants. And then I could group the B/C categories into support characters deserving/not deserving of variants since I'm sure there are people out there interested in different variants of the lesser characters too. The rest of the categories would remain the same.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Whatever you think works best; I'm guessing most voters didn't read your criteria...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    Not sure what it was like in other areas back in the day but Beast man was IMPOSSIBLE to find. He has been an A Lister in my eyes forever.
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    He is one of the firsts and Skeletor's own private boot-wipe. Definitely an A-Lister for sure!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    a-list! beast man is skeletors #1 warrior.

A list for the Savage Henchman.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post

This is my opinion too. I voted A list before FULLY reading the rules...

He's a main bad guy and integral to the franchise... but I don't need any varients of him.

Heroic Warrior
    A- List

I always remember him saying "You wont always boss me around..Skeletor" And he said it with such contempt and belief . I often imagine Beasty overthrowing Skeletor and gaining incredible power.

Yeah, A-List for me too.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Well, going on your criteria, I voted A-List; I don't really need a variant, but I wouldn't be unduly unhappy if he got one.

Heroic Warrior
    Solid A-lister, no question.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE