Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you LIKE about the bios?

I did like the idea of there being other He-Man's throughout time guarding the power sword until the day the true He-Man appeared. Gives the story an even more epic feel I think.

I think most of them are pretty decent and solid, even if I don't like some of the details. The meat of most of them seems pretty good.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I don't care for them. I consider the bios nothing but lousy Fan fiction.

The combination of all the canons for one. Making me wish that the Filmation, MYP and even the Jetlag shows got proper finales.

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    I realllllly like that Count Marzo is responsible for the creation of the Shadow Beasts. That's the best thing about the MOTUC bios for me personally.
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

I like being surprised with "new" details and bits of info that I'd either forgotten about, or had never heard of before. I'm enjoying each one as they are revealed... my only gripe with 'em is that I wish there was less referencing to major details about OTHER characters, and more info about the character that the bio is actually for. Like, Demo-Man's bio should be more about Demo-Man and less about Keldor going to Hordak for help when his face is burned off. Including a bit of insight into what abilities the character actually possesses, what their weapons are capable of, etc. For example, Wun-Dar's bio mentions being given a gun that can tap into almost limitless power or something to that effect. How does that work? What does it do? You know, more info about that sort of stuff and less "Vivian loves fashion!"

For the most part, I dislike the bios. Most of the "new" info is so repetitive. How many people have enchanted armor or an enchanted weapon? Every Horde member has been transformed in some way, either by mechanical means or made immortal (sometimes both). And then you have characters getting introduced and dying in the same bio. And I agree with Zodak74, regarding bios that have little to do with the actual figure, like Demo-Man. We learn absolutely NOTHING about him. IMO, this is really bad writing and not very creative. For the most part, the bios are being used to tell a larger story and one that I feel wasn't well thought out to begin with. To me, a bio should describe the character:

• Who they are
    • Where/When are they from
    • What they can do
    • Which side are they on

A perfect example of this is Beast Man's Bio. I feel it is one of the best ones in MOTUC:

After being banished from his home in the Vine Jungle, the beast man named Raqquill Rqazz joined up with a young alchemist named Keldor™ during a skirmish in the Berserker Islands. Like others of his race, Rqazz has the ability to control beasts and monsters. He currently uses this particular talent as chief henchmen to Skeletor«, the Overlord of Evil™.
    It's short, sweet, and to the point. We learn that Beast Man is from the vine Jungle, he can control beasts and monsters, and now he's the chief henchman of Skeletor.

If all the bios were like this, I'd be happy. To me, it truly allows the consumer/fan to create their "own cannon". This is just the right amount of info to let your imagination run wild with adventures. It also doesn't shoe-horn the reader into a story they may or may not like.

I like that if I ever forget to, Toyguru will remind me to keep reading them.
    WE GOT ICER SO NO RIOT SIR (Laser Lot)

Just like many I like the attempt to combine it all and also can ignore them.

They also allow me to take what I can and try to create my own canon for myself and share with others (should I ever polish most of it up)
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Court Magician
    Except for Teela being a clone, I love everything about the bios. I like seeing this story play out Pulp Fiction like. I like the real names. I know some dont, but as much as someone may be called Mekaneck by everyone, he would have a real name, even though it may never be used by anyone. I also like that characters die. Its obvious they do at some point. This is a line from Preternia to King He-Man and beyond. Characters will die, even if its of old age. Sure, it cant be a grand death, its a mention in a paragraph. I like getting a mature take on the line, and not a Filmation (which I love) Skeletor will be punished more by being chased by Werebats then he will by us capturing him. I love the bios.

does a wonderful job of what i do anyway which is utilize and rationalize as many cannons and histories as possible. kudos and it really makes me like characters i would otherwise not care about.

The font.

Seriously though, I like being able to get a sense of the history of the various planets & dimensions surrounding MOTU. As told in the Classics reimagining that is.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    MacKenzie. I never would have named Frosta that.

Also, I really like the idea of Jitsu taking over after Skeletor leaves. I wouldn't have expected that, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frightmare View Post
    I like that if I ever forget to, Toyguru will remind me to keep reading them.

I like the attempt to include everything. Somethings are hit and miss. But every now & then we get something awesome, like Jitsu's.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Like others have said, the fact that they incorporate all eras of MOTU/POP into one cohesive story and advance the mythology since we currently don't have any other media promoting the mythos, aside from the current DC comics of course. Sure, some of them aren't very well written by any means (in my opinion) and some of the "real names" leave something to be desired, but I also collect them also and plan to do something a little creative with them when I have the time and space.

Regards,
    Victor P.

I like the bios because they are the back of a piece of garbage that I throw away with the rest of the packaging, never to be seen again.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I like that I can ignore them.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    Also, I really like the idea of Jitsu taking over after Skeletor leaves. I wouldn't have expected that, but I like it.
    I second that. And I really, REALLY love the idea that not only He-Man goes to the stars but She-Ra and other heroes as well. It opens up so many possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    MacKenzie. I never would have named Frosta that.

What I found interesting was that gbagok and iceman wrote Jitsu as being power hungry in the Book of Evil. I wonder if Scott borrowed that idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I second that.
    I third that! I love the idea of Jitsu taking over the Evil Warriors while Skeletor is in the Tri-Solar System
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    I like the names and the character portraits. It's fun to see the images for obscure characters(Gygor).

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I'm one who likes the bios and I like most of what is in them. I like how they combine all of the different eras into one inclusive story
    10 Most Wanted MOTUC's: Ninjor, Quake, Squeeze, MYP King Mero, Sagitar, Dragstor, Snake Armor He-man, Phravus, Filmation's Garth (post transformation), Angella

I also like the "puzzle". Fitting the different pieces together, speculating if King He-Man's wife is going to be Teela or someone else. Things like that.

I also like the "puzzle". Fitting the different pieces together, speculating if King He-Man's wife is going to be Teela or someone else. Things like that.
    there are some things I like about the bios mosqitor comes from another planet.not a mud hole what dose a bad ass mutant cyborg vapire hunt from a mud hole.poor writeing

Yeah I also like the speculating and fitting the different pieces together
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26