109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nepthu

47 43.12%
  • King Tamusk

62 56.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nepthu VS King Tamusk

Nepthu VS King Tamusk

If you had to pick one, who would you rather have in MOTUC...

Nepthu - Evil Ruler of the Sand Demons
    blog_nepthu_transformed_final.jpg

or

King Tamusk - Last of the Great Sorcerer Kings
    blog_king_tamusks_design.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    King Tamusk...looks more like a 80's MOTU figure...

Nepthu; King Tamusk is alright, and honestly I could pass on either's inclusion in MOTUC, but Nepthu is cooler to me.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Given a thread I started for this particular character in the 'Character Support & Speculation' thread, and a TG reply towards said character in the Matty forums.......

King Tamusk

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Given a thread I started for this particular character in the 'Character Support & Speculation' thread, and a TG reply towards said character in the Matty forums.......

King Tamusk

Regards,
    Victor P.
    Really? do you have a link to his reply?

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...757#6191016757

Another member in the Tamusk support thread believes that it's a confirmation of sorts that he is at least planned, and while there's no definite information to be extracted from that on whether he's coming or not, it's a better reply from Scott than the ones he typically gives when someone asks about 'X' character and so forth. Plus, there's that whole "re-worked roadmap" issue, but here's hoping !

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...757#6191016757

Another member in the Tamusk support thread believes that it's a confirmation of sorts that he is at least planned, and while there's no definite information to be extracted from that on whether he's coming or not, it's a better reply from Scott than the ones he typically gives when someone asks about 'X' character and so forth. Plus, there's that whole "re-worked roadmap" issue, but here's hoping !

Regards,
    Victor P.
    Well, I do hope he is still being planned...at least before Nepthu.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Really, I'd vote neither as I don't like most of the Filmation designs but if forced I'd go with evil: Nepthu.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'd also vote neither but between the 2 I'd rather get King Tamusk in the sub.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Lesser of Two Evils: Tamusk...
    Say no to Nepthu.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

King Tamusk looks cooler, but we already have too dang many Kings bebopping around.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    King Tamusk looks cooler, but we already have too dang many Kings bebopping around.
    Nonsense! It's good to be the king!

Why isn't there a choice for neither?

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer to go with neither, but if I had to I'd would always go with anyone over Nepthu.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    ....but if forced I'd go with evil: Nepthu.
    And that is exactly why I love you.

Seriously though, I want BOTH of these guys. No kidding. And the best thing is that they both would be really easy to make with existing parts.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 6, 2013 at 07:55pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Nepthu

MOTU already has more than enough anglo-european influence. An Egypternian would be a welcome change. He'd probably work into the storyline better as well. Link him to the 200X Sorceress and She-RAmaybe... And he has Sand Demons which can be repainted into Rock Monsters which made all types of Filmation appearances. Nepthu all the way. In comparison Tamusk would be the most boring figure ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    King Tamusk...looks more like a 80's MOTU figure...
    ^Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Really, I'd vote neither as I don't like most of the Filmation designs but if forced I'd go with evil: Nepthu.
    This!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Nepthu

MOTU already has more than enough anglo-european influence. An Egypternian would be a welcome change. He'd probably work into the storyline better as well. Link him to the 200X Sorceress and She-RAmaybe... And he has Sand Demons which can be repainted into Rock Monsters which made all types of Filmation appearances. Nepthu all the way. In comparison Tamusk would be the most boring figure ever.

^Exactly.
    Not really, considering Nepthu gets changed back into a normal guy at the end of the episode. At least King Tamusk is a Sorcerer King, the last one, and he set in motion the peaceful rule that would one day lead to Palace Eternos and its kings. King Tamusk is MUCH more influential on the entire history of Eternia and already is worked into the storyline. By comparison you'd have to invent more of a backstory just to make Nepthu connected. Plus, King Tamusk traveled to the future and interacted with He-Man, and it was this instance that helped Tamusk learn to rule with peace and justice. He isn't just a barbarian, he used magic as well. Making him twice the bad@$$ Nepthu is. Plus you're including his Sand Demons as another reason why Nepthu should get made. But, they obviously won't come with him and I don't think they will be made any time soon, especially since beast skus are going to be very slim and I would think they'd go to stuff like Stridor, Mantisaur, Bionatops, or Storm first.

Now, I am not saying Nepthu shouldn't get made or that he wouldn't look cool. I am sure the 4H would create a really great figure of him. But, I do think King Tamusk is, overall, much better in terms of existing backstory, design, and abilities, and therefore worthy of being made before Nepthu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post

Seriously though, I want BOTH of these guys. No kidding. And the best thing is that they both would be really easy to make with existing parts.

Yea, both would require very little tooling.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 7, 2013 at 02:00am.

I voted for King Tamusk......but I can think of 50 characters I'd rather have before either of these two get made!

Snappy Threader
    King Tamusk. Someone here did a really cool custom last year, I wish I could find it. he looked really cool.

King Tamusk is a better design. Would make a better figure, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Not really, considering Nepthu gets changed back into a normal guy at the end of the episode. At least King Tamusk is a Sorcerer King, the last one, and he set in motion the peaceful rule that would one day lead to Palace Eternos and its kings. King Tamusk is MUCH more influential on the entire history of Eternia and already is worked into the storyline. By comparison you'd have to invent more of a backstory just to make Nepthu connected. Plus, King Tamusk traveled to the future and interacted with He-Man, and it was this instance that helped Tamusk learn to rule with peace and justice. He isn't just a barbarian, he used magic as well. Making him twice the bad@$$ Nepthu is. Plus you're including his Sand Demons as another reason why Nepthu should get made. But, they obviously won't come with him and I don't think they will be made any time soon, especially since beast skus are going to be very slim and I would think they'd go to stuff like Stridor, Mantisaur, Bionatops, or Storm first.

Now, I am not saying Nepthu shouldn't get made or that he wouldn't look cool. I am sure the 4H would create a really great figure of him. But, I do think King Tamusk is, overall, much better in terms of existing backstory, design, and abilities, and therefore worthy of being made before Nepthu.
    Completely agree.

One hilarious, ironic tidbit that was overlooked which amuses me is that for all the flak that Orko has received, he's the one responsible for bringing King Tamusk to present day Eternia via The Time Wheel. If it hadn't been for the goofy little Trollan, what would present day Eternia be like? Strangely enough, given that Orko is an "undercover agent" of sorts in the MOTUC bios, it could fit in rather nicely.....

Regards,
    Victor P.

i voted tamusk. but seriously after vykron vykor and grayskull, im good on ancient barbarians.

id still get tamusk of course if offered. i would shed no tear if hes never offered as well

Nepthu was from one of my favorite episodes so my vote goes to him.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'd love to get both, but I prefer Nepthu because evil.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!