Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So how did the Sorceress go from a snake to a falcon?

If you read the original series bible then it shows how different the Filmation cartoon was compared to what was originally written for MOTU. I'm pretty sure that Filmation developed the Sorceress to be more bird like. The original dramas (such as the Kid Stuff record) always had Zoar as a seperate bird that was as large as the toy figure (wing span of 20 yards). Also Evil-Lynn turned herself in to Screech.

Jawbridge mentioned it - Mattel started to alter their creation based on what Filmation did since the cartoon became so popular.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I was talking about designations in the first mini comic, not later cannons/MOTUC bio retcons. Teela = warrior goddess, Sorceress = what we're calling the green Goddess now. The MOTUC bio material seems hopelessly convoluted to me. Just my opinion.

My guesses about reasons for merging the two figures were just guesses. I thought they were trying to save money, but Adam points out that they were worried about trying to sell two female figures to boys.
    We are talking about the same thing... it's just that you are wrong, that's all. The only difference from the mini comics and the new cannon is that they gave the Green Goddess a name in the new cannon... she was always her own entity. The barefoot He-Man in the first comic did not save Teela from the beast. He saved the (Green) Goddess... yes, they called her a Sorceress cause... well, that's what she was.

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...y/052_full.jpg
    At that age I only had one Teela because I didn't fully understand the comics... I knew something strange was going on when I read the book but did not really care all that much to think it through.
    Last edited by He-Dude; January 10, 2013 at 05:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    We are talking about the same thing... it's just that you are wrong, that's all. The only difference from the mini comics and the new cannon is that they gave the Green Goddess a name in the new cannon... she was always her own entity. The barefoot He-Man in the first comic did not save Teela from the beast. He saved the (Green) Goddess... yes, they called her a Sorceress cause... well, that's what she was.

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...y/052_full.jpg
    At that age I only had one Teela because I didn't fully understand the comics... I knew something strange was going on when I read the book but did not really care all that much to think it through.

I'm not wrong, I'm just talking about a different canon than you. Note that in the image you posted "Sorceress" is capitalized. By the second series of comics (drawn by Texeira) they were calling Sorceress Goddess. I understand what you're saying, but she wasn't Goddess in the first series. The only person called a goddess in the first series is Teela.

By the time Sorceress was called Goddess she was no longer green.

(Or I could be totally wrong. There's always that. )
    Last edited by Lich Leech; January 10, 2013 at 06:06pm.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I was incorrect in my earlier post - Michael Halperin had created the dual identity of the Sorceress and Zoar in the series Bible provided to Filmation.

The reason that the Goddess and Teela become so confusing is because the original series of mini-comics were written by Donald F Glut and then the Bible was written by Michael Halperin. Michael basically tossed out the ideas that Donald F Glut had developed and started from scratch other than having the figures and playsets as inspiration.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I'm not wrong, I'm just talking about a different canon than you. Note that in the image you posted "Sorceress" is capitalized. By the second series of comics (drawn by Texeira) they were calling Sorceress Goddess. I understand what you're saying, but she wasn't Goddess in the first series. The only person called a goddess in the first series is Teela.

By the time Sorceress was called Goddess she was no longer green.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...y/081_full.jpg

(Or I could be totally wrong. There's always that. )
    The Goddess, Sharella is the Sorceress that is the Guardian of Castle Grayskull when a warrior from a village in the vine jungle takes the mantle as He-man(20 years befor Adam)... 80 years before this, she trained Wun-Dar as another protector of the swords... 4,900 years befor that... she fought at the side of Grayskull. This is not Teela. (Was Ares not a warrior and a god?? Sharella can be a Goddess and a Sorceress.)

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    The Goddess, Sharella is the Sorceress that is the Guardian of Castle Grayskull when a warrior from a village in the vine jungle takes the mantle as He-man(20 years befor Adam)... 80 years before this, she trained Wun-Dar as another protector of the swords... 4,900 years befor that... she fought at the side of Grayskull. This is not Teela. (Was Ares not a warrior and a god?? Sharella can be a Goddess and a Sorceress.)
    None of this happened outside of Classics. In the original Masters of the Universe series, there was no King Grayskull, no Wun-Dar, no He-Man before Adam, and Sharella was the name of a tribal chieftess—completely unrelated to the Goddess and the Sorceress—who trained Gray before he became He-Ro.