Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's make the MOTUC 2014 Subscription a REALITY

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I agree with the idea that they should start early

I also believe there should be two Sub Exclusives. One free of charge and one done the standard way.

Give us Blonde Alcala Teela with a twist waist, or red Alcala Beast Man... then make the regular sub exclusive something like Eldor or Scorpia (yes... I said it... Scorpia lol).

I'd be in for two again, as long as we get some SERIOUS catch-up for the POP heroines. I'm tired of waiting. REALLY tired.
    Love the way you think buddy!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    I agree with the idea that they should start early

I also believe there should be two Sub Exclusives. One free of charge and one done the standard way.

Give us Blonde Alcala Teela with a twist waist, or red Alcala Beast Man... then make the regular sub exclusive something like Eldor or Scorpia (yes... I said it... Scorpia lol).

I'd be in for two again, as long as we get some SERIOUS catch-up for the POP heroines. I'm tired of waiting. REALLY tired.
    Agreed. I'm down for the MOTUC sub whenever-wherever. I also agree the sub-exclusives should be heavy-hitters. Scorpia, Filmation Teela, or Two-Bad! I'm not sure if a free exclusive would work out for Mattel though.

Mattel is no longer taking any money from me on blind faith. It's like telling the school bully to mind your lunch.

I'm in for the long haul, so early sign-up suits me!

Oh, and a BIG YES to more PoP! I also like the idea of some easy repaints getting tossed in as Sub-Incentives or something (maybe even just a discounted rate on these or something: red Beast Man, blonde up-do Teela/red headed hair down, minicomic Trap Jaw, Filmation Hordak, allepsatsac, etc.)
    Last edited by Uki; January 6, 2013 at 08:58pm.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Count me in for at least two subs for 2014. And yes I'd buy them early if they were offered. Mattel needs to think thru what we went thru last year and do whatever it takes to keep this line going.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I know it would be difficult for them to do, since they have to have minimum orders, but I would like it if they put up a sub, sight unseen..ie no idea what the figures are, at NYTF and if you order within this early order window, then you get an additional sub exclusive. I dont even care if I have to pay for it, but just make the extra sub exclusive available to those who order within the early window, then have the regular sub exclusive available for everyone else. This would let the folks willing to commit early get an extra special figure. So, as an early subber, you would get both exclusives. I personally like to have stuff in my collection that makes the collection stand out, not just what every other person has too, so I think this would be a good way to reward those that support the line, no matter what. I know this is going to be poorly received, but everyone would have the option to sub, so you would choose not to sub early and therefore choose not to get the early sub bonus figure.

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    Yes to early sub. Yes to two exclusives, though I can't imagine that being cost effective for Mattel. But I also think that they need a second sub, and I truly believe in my heart of hearts that it should be a PoP sub. Imagine 12 (or even 6) slots with characters from both the classic line and the Filmation series. Make Scorpia the exclusive for THAT sub. Those that don't want she-Ra characters in their Masters mix can opt out, but I truly believe there's enough She-Ra fans to support their own sub.

Then the MotuC sub can focus on all the characters they need to to wrap up.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    The sub exclusive will make or break it for me honestly.

Count me in too for an early sub - as a true fan, I don't really need to see what the upcoming selection is, because it's guaranteed to be fantastic, no matter what. Just keep them coming.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    As a New Adventures fan, I feel your pain... I am tired of waiting as well.

I am totally behind an early subscription.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I'd buy one sight unseen. I'm going to buy them all anyway. Really there aren't alot of characters I wouldn't want, and if I don't really like them I'll just put them on the misfits shelf. I'm down with the idea of 2 sub exclusives. More POP & NA please! Seriously behind in those departments.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

It depends on what the NYTF announcement may be. If its another sub like the 30th line or another pre-order item, there will be yet another campaign before the 2014 one.

I'll sub based on the following 5 conditions

- Scorpia
    - No unwanted prototypes and 'wasted' character slots
    - 1 voted fan choice character
    - 1 FREE exclusive figure. Make that 2. Yes, 2 FREE figures, to make up for the lack over the life of this line.
    - A new fan character contest open to Canadian customers. (I have no delusions of winning, but I would at least like the chance to participate)

I get those 5 things, and I'm on board. I won't settle for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It depends on what the NYTF announcement may be. If its another sub like the 30th line or another pre-order item, there will be yet another campaign before the 2014 one.
    The 30th line never needed a sub. Those figures were already paid for. Fans ASKED for a 30th sub. Same with Granamyr. We never needed a pre-order for him. He was already paid for. The NYTF announcement sounds like a similar deal, something we earned from the sub.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I don't think, Mattel will change their methods, because there is no reason for them to change something... They announced Castle Grayskull a few months after SDCC and they got enough customers together, who buy this playset besides a sub. So they know, that there're many customers, who are willing to pay.

Besides that, I personally wouldn't buy a sub without seeing the first figures of 2014. If Mattel continue a strong character selection like they already did with 2013 so far, I might consider buying another sub. If the second half of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014 suck, there is no way for me to buy a sub and instead cherry pick again and I guess for many others, too....
    I don't think Mattel will change their methods either, but for early CG preorders they are giving the free poster and a chance to vote on the box art. I'll admit it isn't much of an incentive, but it is something. In any case, I've always thought the sub figure should be free. I'm not sure how much of an incentive it is to pay for something, even if that something will not be available elsewhere (and I'm willing to bet that even this will be hedged a bit. I could easily see them releasing some kind of a Shadow Weaver variant in the future that would appease those who did not get the 2012 sub.)
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Of course I would support an early subscription period.

I don't see how requesting a FREE sub exclusive is going to convince Mattel to press the Go button on a subscription ... an would no doubt raise the bar on minimum number of subs to sell to make the whole thing viable.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

The sub window should be open for months! Since it works off of word of mouth and Con news it should be available at most of the cons through out the year. The answers of 'we don't have 2014 mapped out yet', 'it's too early', and 'three weeks is plenty of time to leave the sub window open' are unacceptable. The sub window should be open months earlier and stay open through SDCC and Power Con.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd be up for this, its a good idea.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Snappy Threader
    Yeah great idea, hope they do it. If they do i will.

The sub window should be open longer. However, Sight unseen? No. This is my first non sub year and that is because I saw what was coming. I want Ram Man and Non sub Castle Grayskull. The rest shown this year thus far? Pass. Not a True fan I guess but I collect what makes me happy and the figures I have do just that. I am my own true fan I suppose. But blindly buying nearly a years worth of POP and NA stuff with only a few, or so far this year, 1 figure I actually want? That I will not do.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    More than likely I will be subscribing again for 2014. So if they were to put the subs up for sale earlier than usual, that would be fine by me. That being said, I don't think there should be any additional exclusives for people who subscribe earlier than others. While I might be inclined to subscribe early on since I am in it for the long haul, I can fully understand why some people may want to wait until the initial items are revealed. I don't think it would be fair to the people who will ultimately commit to a full year of product, but first want to see the first quarter or so of that product before making that commitment. One sub exclusive figure is more than enough IMO. I don't think there should be variations on what amount of exclusives you get based simply on when you ordered the sub (plus having slightly different versions of otherwise the same subscription would just be one more thing that Digital River could potentially screw up).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Good luck with the propaganda for the stinky 2014 sub, guys !

After the blastic-gate, the Granamyr and Procrustus issues and Mosquitor's gummy hands, I guess you'll have to be VERY imaginative to lure people into buying this 2014 sub...

I'll sign up for a 2014 as soon as they offer it! I LOVE THIS LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I nominate Prahvus to lead the charge!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I nominate Prahvus to lead the charge!
    Bahahahahaha!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela