Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's make the MOTUC 2014 Subscription a REALITY

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouchor View Post
    I'm in for early commitment. Are you?
    Mmmmmmmmmmm...nah. I'm out.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I'll buy it whenever they make it available but "Salesmanship 101" says you have to create a sense of urgency in your buyers. That means a looming deadline, so people feel like they need to buy now or they'll miss out. A deadline that's 4 months away makes it easier to procrastinate. I'm not saying that an earlier window wouldn't work, I'm just saying that it goes against prevailing wisdom.
    Except that the usual time for the sub coming up is on top of a normally heavy time at Matty. The SDCC exclusives come during the sub push, and usually the sales dates going into fall are heavier than earlier in the year. Add in any big items like Granamyr, and you've created a situation where folks may be more money conscious when deciding on whether to sub. The initial charge is only 20 bucks, of course, but another lesson from salesmanship 101 is that perception is everything. Giving folks a head start and an extra incentive like an easy repaint, especially at a time when the upcoming months are lighter purchase-wise, might get some of them to loosen their wallets more than they would with holidays and such coming up.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Count me in. I've been getting 3 subs for myself/kids since the inception of the line, and will continue to do so until we have no more figures to buy. I would happily commit to purchasing 5 years worth of subs, sight unseen if they wanted to offer it early!!!!

LONG LIVE MOTUC's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Allowing a longer time window for the 2014 sub and starting it early sounds like a good idea to me. I'd sign up on the first day, sight unseen with only the sub exclusive figure revealed by name. Perhaps it's because I'm a new MOTUC collector that I'm not jaded by Mattel's mishaps. It could also be that I'm tired of hunting for figures at retail and actually enjoying the luxury of ordering my entire collection online. Anyway, 2012 was my test to see if I would be able to commit to this new collection and I had a blast getting them all. I want more MOTUC figures, so sign me up for more!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I agree with the idea that they should start early

I also believe there should be two Sub Exclusives. One free of charge and one done the standard way.

Give us Blonde Alcala Teela with a twist waist, or red Alcala Beast Man... then make the regular sub exclusive something like Eldor or Scorpia (yes... I said it... Scorpia lol).

I'd be in for two again, as long as we get some SERIOUS catch-up for the POP heroines. I'm tired of waiting. REALLY tired.
    Wait, come on now Brian, you're not cool with just having 3 versions of She-Ra, her boyfriend and horse, Frosta and 4 ancillary characters to round out her ranks. I feel blessed.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I've never subbed, but I would/will sub for 2014, because the figures that are left to come should be fantastic.

BTW we were promised only legit necessary characters for 2014 right? So there won't be any characters from ,long lost episode 29 of filmation, or some arcane character from a mini-comic included with an italian version of a pop character, right Scott? I don't want to spend upwards of 30 dollars on haricot vert's I want to spend it on meat and potatoes!!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    You had me at hello....

I'm in every year til the end!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I'm in as always for 2014. I will be until the end. I've really had no QC issues or issues with DR really. In the end I have a shelf of pretty awesome MOTU figures and I'd like to fill out the collection.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

OK quick count here...

Pharvus and the devil worshiping dude are out.

Everyone else, including yodafreakmaster and bcrduke, are in.

This can't fail!

Always have subbed, always will until the end. Hopefully neither 2013 nor 2014 are the end. Matty sure doesn't make it easy to keep customers, though. That's the part that worries me the most. The figures look as awesome as ever, but with QC, customer service, delays, and other various screw-ups, I get worried. I'm an apparent glutton for punishment though, so long as I keep getting MOTUC

I can't afford to sub for everything and I definitely wouldn't sub blindly.

We've been promised A-list characters so far, but until I see that in print on a website with examples of who we might see, I'll reserve my judgement.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I'll sign up as soon as they put it up for sale.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

This sounds like a good idea. I'm in.

Heroic Warrior
    I'll buy my usual subscription whenever it goes up for sale - if opening up orders early would somehow increase the chances of making the sub go through, or of making a full 2015 sub a reality, I'm all for it.

I'm in.
    Always have been, and probably always will be.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I'm in.
    Always have been, and probably always will be.
    I am too--even with some of the issues with this line (especially lately), I would still sub--even early. I just hope we get a 2014 sub at all, and if we do, its 12 figures of A list characters (or mostly)

Heroic Podcaster
    I'll be in regardless.

But if they ever did a 100% reused-parts fig to keep the costs down on a FREE Sub-Only exclusive, then I have two words and two words only...

CAMO.

KHAN.
    ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchor View Post
    OK quick count here...

Pharvus and the devil worshiping dude are out.

Everyone else, including yodafreakmaster and bcrduke, are in.

This can't fail!
    Pretty sure Prahvus is spear heading this campaign as soon as he gets time off from being a motivational speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    then make the regular sub exclusive something like Eldor or Scorpia (yes... I said it... Scorpia lol).
    The day thats announced I'll just go buy on her on the secondary market like I did Shadow Weaver and once I also have Madame Razz too I'll be done with the line. Anyone else I can take or leave if I have to pay over the odds for one character again! Shadow Weaver being the sub figure was a mistake and so would Scorpia. I'm shocked you would even say this is the way to go!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Count me in....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    2013 is the last year I can afford to do 3 subs, but I'll be in for my usual 2 for 2014. Never gonna quit it till Matty dies.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

I would absolutely do this. I think the more opportunities Mattel can give to get subs in the better!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

While I admire the blind faith so many are showing this line, I just cannot commit until Mattel shows me a great deal more than they have. How easy it is to forget that 2012 was a real tough year for the line. Just about every month had an issue of some sort...blastic, delays, switched forearms, Granamyr breakage, missing Fisto's, broken promises, monthly statements of the subscription page coming soon etc, etc.

At last years sub drive we were promised the world and as of today I am waiting for any of those promises to come true. While I really like a lot of this years crop, lets just see how well it goes from now to SDCC.

I guess the part that left the biggest foul taste for me was in May last year. They only shipped half of my order but it was marked as fully sent. I got the “pleasure” of dealing with DR customer service. End of July, after tons of phone calls, a couple overt threats of canceling my CC, and a few nasty grams by e-mail I finally got my missing items. It took 2 full months for them to send me the missing items. That alone had me questioning whether or not to renew for 2013.

I may be in the minority but 3 weeks to sign up, no matter what time of year, is more than plenty. We all know when they go on sale so there is no surprise. It is pretty much the same thing that people used to make CG sales...you know the date just save a few dollars each month.

I would realylike to see the MOTUC line go on forever. an ill reluctently try to hold on to one sub,just because ill allways call myself one of the big'est MOTU around. and have the collection to prove it. pluss you have extra bragging rights for everything you had to do, fighting to even get it in your hands. each one has a story to tell about defects or some such or rumors of them being made of cheap recycled black plastic.

its everything us toy collector geeks want. in there most beloved line of toys MOTUC. they certainly give us enough to talk and speculate about.[and worry about] that and our incredible awesome fan base here.that alone is worth the price of admission, if you ask me.