Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ram-Man delayed!!

I'm still excited for Netossa.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Uggh! They weren't prepared for it again! Darn that Chinese New Year!

Somebody at Mattel write on the calendar for the Chinese New Year so this delay stuff doesn't happen again.
    I'm assuming you're kidding, because there's no way this has anything to do with Chinese New Year. Just wanted to get that out there in case you weren't kidding. Or someone read this and took it seriously.

Ill just say as someone that was not a POP fan at all before MOTUC, I am very excited for Netossa. With the 4HM they can do not wrong for me and hope we see more great POP females!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    Why continue to make promises they can't keep? I mean, how about being realistic about release dates and more open and honest with fans.

Disappointing.

Ok guys, just to be clear, Chinese Newyear is on February 10. In China there is a nationwide holiday of about 2 weeks. So it's way too early for the China factories to be influenced by this. Whatever caused Ram Mans delay has nothing to do with Chinese Newyear.

Crita! Yes! Yes! Yes! The All American's Avatar
    I do wonder, if a good number of Ram Man figures got held back due to some other toyline Mattel execs wanted to come over first. He sounds like he's been made, but not all have come obviously. I wonder if this is the reason we tend to see these delays. These figures come by boat, I believe, and perhaps there are times this tiny collector line gets pushed aside for some more profitable Mattel line(s).

I don't like it, and I would prefer Ram Man where he was slotted in the year, but I feel like there is more to these delays than we suspect. I guess we'll never know.

I don't like the idea of Ram man delayed, but I can live with it.

WELL HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Well at this point I could care less when he comes out, we gonna get him! and my recent card is Matty-specified so nothing else goes on it; I'm covered for whenever they release whatever, my resolution so I don't have to deal with the headaches...

But this now means Ram Man, Jitsu and King He-man being released in Feb. But isn't the Chinese New Year somewhere around the 10th of Feb and from what I understand the country celebrates it for almost half the week, so isn't that gonna be an obstacle???

I think the new plan of Matty is to loosen up the funds by not including the pricier Rammy so we can all have money for Netty and create a quick sell-out!

Happy New Year Folks.... to you and yours!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I just starded subbing this year and was all set for the big ramman and netossa. So as luck would have it my fiancee decided that I still deserve 2 figures so she ordered me a figure that I do not have yet Faceless OneSHE IS SO AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm assuming you're kidding, because there's no way this has anything to do with Chinese New Year. Just wanted to get that out there in case you weren't kidding. Or someone read this and took it seriously.
    Yes, I was just kidding. I was referencing/joking from the delay last year.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    A lot of people want Netossa. She's a great looking figure.
    AND then there are a lot of people like myself who don't want Netossa regardless of how she looks. I never heard of her before her inclusion into the line.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

The main page has the story about Ram-Man being delayed, and it has a pic of Ram Man with the word 'DELAYED' spelled out in big, scary, yellow lettering...like he's a criminal or something. Poor Ram-Man, it's not his fault!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Poor Ram-Man, it's not his fault!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    AND then there are a lot of people like myself who don't want Netossa regardless of how she looks. I never heard of her before her inclusion into the line.
    I actually like all of the factions equally, so I'd be disappointed no matter who is late. But...

At least Netossa was part of the vintage POP toyline and in the cartoon. That beats plenty of other figures in the line. Ram Man is an oversized quarterly figure, Netossa is a general monthly figures, it's apples and oranges. How is this even a topic?
    I get that Ram Man is a fan favorite, he's one of mine, but none of this falls on Netossa's shoulders. Just because she has the misfortune of being released the same month as Ram Man doesn't make her culpable.
    I suffer through some of the fanboy wants, you can swallow a couple of POP per year. No faction can float this line alone anymore, we all need each other, vintage, POP, NA, etc.

Crita! Yes! Yes! Yes! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I like when Lando said it.

"Colt 45, oh yeah!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Ok guys, just to be clear, Chinese Newyear is on February 10. In China there is a nationwide holiday of about 2 weeks. So it's way too early for the China factories to be influenced by this. Whatever caused Ram Mans delay has nothing to do with Chinese Newyear.
    That's as long they are shipped before this....

But you are correct sir, the initial delay is not due to this but may fall victim to it.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    I'm pretty happy about the delay. One more month is no big deal. Honestly I am trying to get caught up on my finances and any breaks are appreciated. It could be worse. I have the Hot Toys movie Avengers Black Widow on Pre-order and she has been delayed to Feb. That's 3 months late from when I was supposed to have gotten her.

On the netossa issue, I really like the figure. I don't collect POP but my wife does. I am happy for her. It's fine for people to voice their displeasure with the figure but when 5-6-7 people at a time post about how she's an unwanted figure, it really feels like people are dog piling on her. I undersand some of you guys don't like her, but don't ruin the fun for the ones of us who do like her. Sometimes just cause you have the freedom to say something doesn't mean you always have too, especially when 8 other people have said the same thing before. It's pretty much beating an already dead horse. I don't like NA but why bother ranting about it especially when there are others who do.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Why continue to make promises they can't keep? I mean, how about being realistic about release dates and more open and honest with fans.

Disappointing.
    What are you talking about??? They are being realistic about release dates and they informed us when they knew he was going to be delayed. Maybe it's the fans that need to be more realistic about release dates and understand that so much goes into producing something that delays can and do happen all the time. I have to think that a lot of people on this board only have ever collected this line. So many toy lines experience delays and have horrible communication with fans. I remember an entire wave of Buffy figures that was supposed to be release one August many years ago, August came and went without the figures, and we were told they were delayed 6 six weeks, then we were informed they were cancelled! So that shows the release date came and went and they weren't even in production! I think Mattel do a pretty good job of getting a majority of their figures released in their targeted month.

Judging by when review samples hit, I would say Ram Man was produced in plenty of time to arrive for this month, but that some other factor played in his delay. Something out of Mattel's control...like the strike at the ports!

Heroic Warrior
    I am let down that Ram Man will not arrive in January. January 16th is my 40th birthday, so I was looking forward to him and Netossa.

Yeah, let down, but a month with one delayed figure and one figure I would never have had a chance to own in its vintage version, is a lot better than the many years we had NOTHING before the 200x and before MOTUC.

I am still happy we have MOTU in some form or another.

I am tight on cash this month so this announcement was a bit of a relief...

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I never heard of that blonde bikini Teela either but she sure is a fun figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I am regreating buying two subs "to save the line." February is going to be $$$ now!
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    The main page has the story about Ram-Man being delayed, and it has a pic of Ram Man with the word 'DELAYED' spelled out in big, scary, yellow lettering...like he's a criminal or something. Poor Ram-Man, it's not his fault!
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps387c1fe3.jpg
    I would have done it in red Impact font, but his already red tunic would have made it hard to read.

I created that pic because it pretty much sums up the story with a glance: Ram Man is delayed.

I can understand people getting upset at Ram Man being delayed, but we've been waiting for Ram Man for years...one more month won't kill us!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek View Post
    I am regreating buying two subs "to save the line." February is going to be $$$ now!
    Won't February be the same amount that January would have been?

I'm fine with the news, I just think back to how disappointed I was that the Sorceress was delayed...and now, 11 months after getting her, she is happily displayed in my collection, and last January is but a memory. My point is, he will come and I will be excited to get him in February, and within a few days to a few weeks after he arrives, this disappointment will not matter one bit. Besides, Fang Man is who I have my eyes on! I always wanted them to make him when I was kid!
    Last edited by Jinxieman; January 7, 2013 at 11:19pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BoShek View Post
    uh, your paying the same amount in FEB as you would have in JAN

Netossa x2 + Ram man x2 = 110 (without tax & shipping)

or

Jitsu x2 + Ram man x2 = 110

x2 King He-man is already paid for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Won't February be the same amount that January would have been?
    you would be correct.