Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ram-Man delayed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Considering I asked for the day off of work to order some Ram Mans, it is pretty annoying they canceled this close to the sale. Now, I'll have to see if I can reschedule my PTO. I wish they'd be more considerate.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    With Ram Man AND Jitsu being released in the same month, I expect one or both to sell out before I can process my order. Then by the time I delete the one from my cart, the other one will be sold out. While slightly peeved, I knew this was coming when I decided not to subscribe. Secondary market here I come.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettX209 View Post
    On it's own, this isn't a big deal. The issue is that this is just the latest added to a long list of troubles with this line. Sad, but at this point, I don't think anyone expects much from Matty. As long as you don't expect anything from Matty (and DR), then they'll deliver.
    All of these are reasons people are upset by this happening. It's like others have said, if all that was wrong wrong with this line was the occasional delay, everyone would be very supportive. When was the last time there wasn't a Matty/DR problem in a month?

Everyone who is feeling defensive about people lashing out about Netossa need to chill out. The delay of one of the most anticipated figures of the line coupled with all of the other recent matty/dr snafus has people a little aggravated and poor Netossa was just sitting there...its the proverbial kicking the dog.

Let's just all hope that Ram Man will come out in February, he won't have any QC issues, and everyone who wants one will get one. What could go wrong?

Pfff, don't care. It's only 4 weeks & I still get my Netossa in Januray! (or February as the case will likely be)

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    It could be anything, why he was delayed but it wasn't matty. I tried making a point with my company earlier in this conversation about 30,000 shredders and our company only receiving 12,000. Their is 6 containers from china still sitting at a dock for about a week and a half now. The rest still sitting in China all were supposed to be here on Dec27
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I can understand why some frustrations with Matty build up and can set people off, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that the backlash on some of these things doesn't get a bit tiresome to me, personally, at times. So I can understand it being tiresome to others. I think the thing here is that it just calls for a little perspective. No one likes delays, but the reality is sometimes these things can be out of Matty's hands. It really does seem like Ram-Man was probably something to do with the strikes or held-up shipments, just because reviewers had their samples SO early.

I don't begrudge anyone being annoyed or sad or mad. I just think sometimes it's good to take a deep breath, step back from the situation a minute, and think about whether a response is well-judged. I'd like us to save our collective ire for when they truly mess things up. I just think this is more effective.

I'm actually kind of happy it's going to be a lighter month so I can recover from Christmas a bit. I have Rorschach and 2XNetossa coming!

The delay doesn't bother me, but the timing does.

Mattel and DR need to get a set system and know exactly what's coming in to the warehouse BEFORE making their monthly "sales announcements." They should know way more than a week before a sale date, what and how much, is arriving at their distribution center.

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Late or not, don't matter to me at all. I don't see what all of the complaining is about. It's just an action figure, it will be ok I promise

The fact that January will be a little lighter on the wallet IS a nice thing

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    We did... It was a better time... Everyone was really happy MOTU was back.
    The internet wasn't as big back then though... Companies weren't using social media and such.
    We also didn't have this no-holds-barred communication with Mattel back then either.
    If people treated Jeremy the way that some people treat Scott, he would have never talked to us again.
    Wow ... things werea bit different back then... it was a little smaller a community... there weren't as many issues with quality control... we didn't have to deal with a Digital River type distributor... but then there was the lack of figures for sale, except for the many He-Variants.

There was also NO FACEBOOK. UGH. Those were the days LOL

Also, Jeremy was different from Scott. He wasn't interested in the media role the way Scott has been. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Totally agree, I think by itself this figure is nice and the Four Horseman did a good job (as always). That being said, there were ALOT of other CORE Pop characters (like Frosta ) that could have been picked for this slot due to the weak showing of Pop in this line so far. So,if there had been a better Pop figure this month, I would have been more ok with this (still slightly irked over ANOTHER delay though). I just tried to make the point that I would prefer Ram-Man which turned into something like "you said that Netossa is bad, and Pop fails!" Huh?! Anyways, if someone says something negative about your figure that you like, what does that matter to you? As long as YOU still like it, that should be all that matters
    My original post was actually full of questions about why people were saying negative things about the figure. I never said anything like "you said that Netossa is bad, and Pop fails."

It seems that when anyone who likes POP asks someone who doesn't why they don't, often there is a reaction full of vitriol because the person being asked may assume the question was vitriolic.

I really just felt like challenging people on this. I understand the lack of nostalgia - not many people had her. But wouldn't people want to at least give the figure a chance? That's all.

I just wish people who are bothered by her inclusion could find some fun in the figure.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I'll admit I was not thrilled when Netossa was announced, and certainly did not feel any kind of connection to her. I had forgotten about her really, son it was very similar to the Star Sisters. But then I saw better pictures, and saw what a great looking figure she is. I'm already planning on finding a really cool spear type weapon for her.

What I love about MOTUC, what has moved me towards the subscription, is the great work that the Horseman continue to do with these figures. I do not own one that I do not like. Even ones like Buzz-Off that I once complained about eventually win me over.

Netossa is a great figure. She may not be a favorite like Glimmer or hold a personal attachment to me like Crita, but she has a lot of merits on her own that make her one I am glad to be adding very soon to my shelf!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Nevermind Ram Man I'll find someone like you!

Ram Man is not important to my collection, so they could delay him until 2014 and I'd be fine with it!

Ok, kidding aside, I'm really excited about getting Ram Man but honestly, the delay is not a big deal to me. If anything, it works out nicely for my finances right now. I bought subs on two separate days and I was concerned that my January orders would go through before the My Subs page was up, resulting in multiple shipments and charges. If January is limited to only one figure now, it will be better for me and should give me time to combine all my sub shipping for the rest of the year. It's also a nice break on my wallet from the last quarter of 2012, which was pricey!

So it's just Netossa for January? That's cool, she's a beautiful figure and one of GR girls that seemed like she'd never get made. I'm confident that Glimmer and Castaspella are among the top choices for future POP releases so it's nice to get extra supporting characters before the line goes into the "Only core characters to finish the line" strategy. I can't wait to get Netossa soon!

This news is a bummer. I can wait another month for Ram Man, but only Neotossa this month? Oh man. That's horrible.

Neotossa is easily one of, if not the most, bland looking figure in the line. This month is basically a total waste for me (And I like POP).

Oh well, at least next month is Ram Man and JITSU (!). That should be enough to wash away the Neotossa month.

Meh...I don't want Netossa at all but I can wait patiently for Ram Man next month.

This is a great a example of why you should not over-promise and under-deliver.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    If people treated Jeremy the way that some people treat Scott, he would have never talked to us again.
    It seemed like Jeremy was barely around back in those days; He talked with us a couple times in the chatroom. But I do remember being annoyed with the whole "MOTU is to Three's Company as POP is the The Ropers" comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I really just felt like challenging people on this. I understand the lack of nostalgia - not many people had her. But wouldn't people want to at least give the figure a chance? That's all.
    When I buy an obscure Star Wars figure, I call that taking a chance. Those figures are $10, sometimes less, and are usually in good condition. $35 or more on a MOTUC figure I may or may not like which may or may not arrive in good quality I consider to be more like gambling with the odds stacked way against me. I really think it is cost coupled with possible QC issues which prevent many people from taking a "chance" on non-MOTU MOTUC figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    February will be a great month!
    If I can obtain both figures and they both arrive in good shape then February will be the best month in 2013 for MOTUC for me. Too many variables. I figure I have only 1 out of 9 possibilities to not be disappointed.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    uh, your paying the same amount in FEB as you would have in JAN

Netossa x2 + Ram man x2 = 110 (without tax & shipping)

or

Jitsu x2 + Ram man x2 = 110

x2 King He-man is already paid for.
    But aren't the Fighting Foe Men coming out next month too? If so then that means for me...

Fighting Foe Men $75 x 4 = $300
    Ram Man $30 x 4 = $120
    Jitsu $25 x 4 = $100

Total = $520 + shipping

I upped my sub numbers to help the line so out of the four I get 1, my son gets 1, and the other 2 go to eBay.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    But aren't the Fighting Foe Men coming out next month too? If so then that means for me...
    They should not come out in Feb. They are the 2nd Quarter oversized sku, iirc.
    So, no worries!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    My original post was actually full of questions about why people were saying negative things about the figure. I never said anything like "you said that Netossa is bad, and Pop fails."

It seems that when anyone who likes POP asks someone who doesn't why they don't, often there is a reaction full of vitriol because the person being asked may assume the question was vitriolic.

I just wish people who are bothered by her inclusion could find some fun in the figure.
    Welcome to the Era Wars! Where fans of one era of MOTU crap on other eras of MOTU.

Netossa would be a rather slow month to all of the fans who were waiting for Ram Man.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    They should not come out in Feb. They are the 2nd Quarter oversized sku, iirc.
    So, no worries!
    Good. I thought I read they where coming out in Feb. My wallet is happy again
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Netossa would be a rather slow month to all of the fans who were waiting for Ram Man.
    That's my case. I was just in the January sale for Ram-Man. Now that he's been moved to February, January is a pass for me. Good thing, too, as I can use the Ram-Man cash to pay bills

Meh...even on her own, Netossa is far less boring than November's offering of Dekker and Randor IMO, and I thought those were still pretty awesome.

Heroic Warrior
    I just have to add my two cents to the whole "hating on Netossa thing." I've read some people saying like they feeled like they were conned because Ram-Man is delayed and we're getting Netossa only. Really? When you subscribed, was Ram-Man the only figure you knew about? You could get online and subscribe, but not know Netossa was coming in January? I'm just astonished that some people are so up in arms.

MOTUC is a line that encompasses all eras and even some figures we've never seen before. It's been that way since day 1. If you subscribe, you are going to get a mix of MOTU, POP, NA, 200x figures and more. This is not a new thing.

I can understand why some may not look at Netossa as their favorite figure, but why all the hate? If you don't want POP, don't subscribe. That may kill the line entirely if enough people do that, but go ahead. And listen to the good discussion about such issues between the RGD crew in episode 108.

Try and look at the bigger picture: Netossa adds some more ethnic diversity to the human members of this collection. She is strikingly lovely both in her face sculpt and in the nice contrast between her skin color and her outfit. She also introduces parts that will be used for Peekablue later on. She's another female and a figure that is cost-prohibitive for most when they want to buy her original toy. She'll be one of the lowest-produced figures of the entire line (as will all 2013 characters), so she is likely to appreciate in value. There are a ton of good reasons to be happy about her, or at least not hate her so much!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Uh-oh! Jitsu and Ram Man in one month? Won't that break Feburary with too much awesome?

Seriously though: no skin off my nose. I'm just glad to have a forwarning, rather than back when Teela came out originally. She was superdelayed and they said NOTHING.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    What are you talking about??? They are being realistic about release dates and they informed us when they knew he was going to be delayed. Maybe it's the fans that need to be more realistic about release dates and understand that so much goes into producing something that delays can and do happen all the time. I have to think that a lot of people on this board only have ever collected this line. So many toy lines experience delays and have horrible communication with fans. I remember an entire wave of Buffy figures that was supposed to be release one August many years ago, August came and went without the figures, and we were told they were delayed 6 six weeks, then we were informed they were cancelled! So that shows the release date came and went and they weren't even in production! I think Mattel do a pretty good job of getting a majority of their figures released in their targeted month.

Judging by when review samples hit, I would say Ram Man was produced in plenty of time to arrive for this month, but that some other factor played in his delay. Something out of Mattel's control...like the strike at the ports!
    I think it is more that Scott made comments to the fact that they were doing things to avoid delays in 2013 and then the very first month there is a delay. As well as what seems like a lot of hollow promises when he wants something, like the sub to go through or CG to be made, but then after the rush is over he back tracks a little. Like for the sub he said they wanted to get everything done, giving the impression that after 2014 or so we would feel that we had a "complete" collection, then right after sub sale drive, he said we not even get a 2014 sub.