Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ram-Man delayed!!

Anybody could post which figures will go on early access please for January 2013?
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    Anybody could post which figures will go on early access please for January 2013?
    Horde Prime and Griffin, apparently.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    Horde Prime and Griffin, apparently.
    Thanx karg182. For some reason I understood there were some other figures for arly access to suscribers. I guess I was wrong.

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    What are you talking about??? They are being realistic about release dates and they informed us when they knew he was going to be delayed. Maybe it's the fans that need to be more realistic about release dates and understand that so much goes into producing something that delays can and do happen all the time. I have to think that a lot of people on this board only have ever collected this line. So many toy lines experience delays and have horrible communication with fans. I remember an entire wave of Buffy figures that was supposed to be release one August many years ago, August came and went without the figures, and we were told they were delayed 6 six weeks, then we were informed they were cancelled! So that shows the release date came and went and they weren't even in production! I think Mattel do a pretty good job of getting a majority of their figures released in their targeted month.

Judging by when review samples hit, I would say Ram Man was produced in plenty of time to arrive for this month, but that some other factor played in his delay. Something out of Mattel's control...like the strike at the ports!
    First off, many figures that have release dates set, then get cancelled, are actually produced months ahead, There were 2 or 3 waves of Transformers RTS that never saw initial store shelves, but saw a full production run, only later to be sold off at TJ Maxx, and one final run that was fully produced of scouts that was to contain Frenzy & Rumble, but the orders from stores were cancelled, and they never did see store shelves in any way, but a small amount seeped out to some collectors, as I have seen collectors with Rumble (Blue, and I do not care what anyone thinks, according to G1 cartoon the only Transformers media I care about, Rumble is blue) yet not Frenzy. They did not destroy these I can only assum they will be repackaged as Generations maybe and released later.

I have seen it many times with Transformers, and yet eventually the produced runs surface.

We were told that in Jan 2012 or at least by March, new Thundercats Classic figures were coming....yet nothing....Bandai sucks mind you, they screwed Thundercats up....Hasbro or someone should have gotten the license of them, or hell even Playmates....I love the TMNT Classics. Sadly Thundercats is pretty much dead....again, and I actually liked the new show.

So, just because something never got released, doesn't mean it didn't get produced.

Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    Thanx karg182. For some reason I understood there were some other figures for arly access to suscribers. I guess I was wrong.
    Only NON sub monthly items are available for Early Access. Anything subscribers already get in their subs, is off the table, and only available DOS to everyone.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    The 2013 sub could not be extended because otherwise the schedule would be delayed and now?... Mattel should rethink the 2014 subscriber recruit window and let it run for at least 2 months to ensure to get enough subscribers. Why? to get a full line of all MOTU/POP/NA for all of us! (and more profit for Mattel)

Other than that I can wait a month, at least he's being made!!!
    it's understandable that things get delayed.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    The joy of the sub is that you get them... period.
    Unless, of course, you wanted Fisto.

But yeah. I pretty much keep on collecting this line because hating on Matty has become more fun than the toys they make. I'm pretty sure this was Scott's intended goal, so the rest of you who are happy are obviously collecting wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Only NON sub monthly items are available for Early Access. Anything subscribers already get in their subs, is off the table, and only available DOS to everyone.
    Thank you shadowfall1976. =)

O'hartley

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Such a shame that a tread about a delayed Ram Man is yet another vehicle for disparaging remarks about a PoP character.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It is the "fans" here that cause me to come to these boards less and less. Too much negativity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Wish you had seen this place a decade ago. Almost like heaven on earth.

I'm getting nostalgic...
    Quoted for truth, all of the above! Seriously, this is the first trip I've made to the .Org in ages, and this thread alone has ensured that I need to go away again.

For the record, and in response to earlier statements about people not being interested in Netossa, I couldn't be happier for her. In fact, she's been one of my most-wanted. As BCRDuke alluded to earlier, however, many of those collectors who would be inclined to say positive things about her can't be bothered to come here and sift through the frequent anti-POP posts on this board, and so our opinions go unnoticed.

As for Rammy, I was a lot more irritated by his delay until I saw this thread, which merely made me want to dig my heels in and say screw him.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I feel like I need to weigh in on this. There is no character in the entire canon of MOTU with more sentimental value for me than Ram Man.

Ram Man was the first vintage MOTU figure I ever received. I still vividly remember getting him from my parents on Halloween 1984. I was extraordinarily excited that he was set to join the Classics line in January. Why, you may ask? My birthday is January 22, and I generally get my monthly MOTU shipments about 7 days after "day of sale."

In short, I was set to receive my most anticipated MOTUC figure of all ON MY BIRTHDAY!

Even given all that, I can't get too worked up about this. It's not like the figure was canceled. He's being delayed a month. And technically, he's not even late, given that he's not the "January figure of the month," but rather the "first quarter extra." February is still in the first quarter of the year, so unless he's delayed to April, he's still right on time.

I don't understand anyone who considers themselves "conned" by this development. Mattel is not charging you for something you're not receiving. They're not even canceling anything. They're delaying the quarterly figure to a little later in the quarter. I think some people need a little perspective.
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

Im so glad it wasnt Netossa delayed. Then I'd be really mad. I'm almost glad Ram-Man was delayed because I wasnt really looking forward to Jitsu and now February will be a great month too! And with Netossa coming in January, there was a good chance I would have ignored Ram-Man and focused all my attention on her.

The fiscal year for MOTU Classics doesn't start until February now just like last year. We start out with a boring-let down figure like Netossa/SS's then BANG!!! Here comes Jitsu & Ram Man(Fisto & Sorceress)..Awesome!!! But does it mean that subbers will again miss out on these like last years fiasco??

And look at what he's pre-selling for on E-Bay already....$50 really??? That's so ********! 2X What's he worth and he's not even been released yet I see him going for $75 by month's end.....Since when do we have to pay 2 or 3 times the value of the price for ONE figure? It wasn't like that last year.....

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I think it is more that Scott made comments to the fact that they were doing things to avoid delays in 2013 and then the very first month there is a delay. As well as what seems like a lot of hollow promises when he wants something, like the sub to go through or CG to be made, but then after the rush is over he back tracks a little. Like for the sub he said they wanted to get everything done, giving the impression that after 2014 or so we would feel that we had a "complete" collection, then right after sub sale drive, he said we not even get a 2014 sub.
    Spoken for truth. Scott says anything and everything to get what he wants. He also tries to rationalize his reasoning but doesn't truly have the grounds or ability to follow through. The sub was not extended to ensure no delays yet we have one out of the gate. No one is picking a fight, we are simply relaying facts.g

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    The fiscal year for MOTU Classics doesn't start until February now just like last year. We start out with a boring-let down figure like Netossa/SS's then BANG!!! Here comes Jitsu & Ram Man(Fisto & Sorceress)..Awesome!!! But does it mean that subbers will again miss out on these like last years fiasco??
    Hey, speak for yourself--as far as I'm concerned, it's Jitsu and Rammy that's the snoozefest.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Hey, speak for yourself--as far as I'm concerned, it's Jitsu and Rammy that's the snoozefest.
    Interesting....this is He-Man.org?? Can't get any better to get 2 more vintage figures finally done. Especially Rammy & a debateable A list villain in Jitsu who is very underrated like Webstor. Again this is the Classics line....no matter what TG says about all encompassing factions being included. It'll always be vintage. Out of curiosity who are you wanting or looking forward to? Please don't say Karatti please don't say Karatti....fingers crossed.

I kind of agree.... I really have no interest in the Jitsu figure.... Ram Man is cool, but I'm looking forward to Snake Face & Octavia more than Rammy & Jitsu.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I'm the opposite ~ hanging for Jitsu! Actually, (and honestly) i'm anticipating what we've seen lined up for 2013 thus far. No weak points in terms of characters for me. Be interesting to see if Mattel can keep it going for the rest of this year!

Still waiting on Procrustus and Mosquitor ~ not to mention Netossa ~ getting to me before the month is out so i'm happily covered for January with or without Ram Man.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Same here - Netossa and Octavia are two of the most exciting figures of the year (or even the whole line) for me. No interest in Jitsu and I've decided I can live without Ram-Man too.
    Last edited by Scorpia; January 9, 2013 at 04:58am.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Spoken for truth. Scott says anything and everything to get what he wants. He also tries to rationalize his reasoning but doesn't truly have the grounds or ability to follow through. The sub was not extended to ensure no delays yet we have one out of the gate. No one is picking a fight, we are simply relaying facts.g
    We can't judge til the we're deeper into 2013, the buy delays could have been worse had they offered the sub longer.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    ^

This time the 'S' stands for sense.....

I don't mind the delay and appreciate the heads up from Matty. Most of the toylines I collect have delays. Videogames have delays. TV-series and films are delayed sometimes. It's not a big deal. What matters is the final product.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    The delays have never bothered me. I've seen much worse delays in other lines, not to mention I don't have to search stores for new releases. It will just make February that much more awesome just like last year.

Vivian Redretta is not amused.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And look at what he's pre-selling for on E-Bay already....$50 really??? That's so ********! 2X What's he worth and he's not even been released yet I see him going for $75 by month's end.....Since when do we have to pay 2 or 3 times the value of the price for ONE figure? It wasn't like that last year.....
    Almost makes me wish I didn't want Ram Man so bad, I could sell him off, and have a good chunk of my Castle Grayskull dough. Maybe Jitsu will fetch a good amount....I doubt it will be Rammy cash, but I see him going for a little, especially if DOS sells fast. He's honestly one I don't want.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    There is a very good reason to be concerned about this: Rammy is now a February figure, meaning the charge for him and Jitsu will be the second of the year. For the past two years straight, it has been the second charge of the year that caused a rash of sub cancellations because DR charged the wrong card (after charging the correct one the first time around). Add in the new sub page that may be up (and there is no rational reason to believe it will work correctly right off the bat), and I'm really wishing that the most requested figure in a long time was not coming out in February; just aske the folks who wound up without a Fisto or a Shadow Weaver last year how happy they are at this news...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman