Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Ram-Man delayed!!

Since Granny and Procrust were both delayed and both defective, I'm now just a little bit concerned when I hear that one of the most important 2nd tier characters is delayed. I certainly hope that nothing is wrong with him, but history does not bode well for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Since Granny and Procrust were both delayed and both defective, I'm now just a little bit concerned when I hear that one of the most important 2nd tier characters is delayed. I certainly hope that nothing is wrong with him, but history does not bode well for this guy.
    huh? why does history not bode will for him? Yes Granny had some issues, but Procrust had no QC issues, Fisto, Sorceress and Demoman had no QC errors from their delays
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And look at what he's pre-selling for on E-Bay already....$50 really??? That's so ********! 2X What's he worth and he's not even been released yet I see him going for $75 by month's end.....Since when do we have to pay 2 or 3 times the value of the price for ONE figure? It wasn't like that last year.....
    Ram man is $30 for subscribers and probably $33-35 for non-subscribers. Once you factor in shipping, taxes, and ebay/Paypal fees the person selling him on ebay for $50 will be lucky to make $5 on that sale. The true cost of Ram Man is going to be $38-40 unless you have multiple subscriptions from Matty to save on shipping.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Spoken for truth. Scott says anything and everything to get what he wants. He also tries to rationalize his reasoning but doesn't truly have the grounds or ability to follow through. The sub was not extended to ensure no delays yet we have one out of the gate. No one is picking a fight, we are simply relaying facts.g
    I don't think you are reading Scott's comments fairly. He has never promised that no figure would ever be delayed again, all he promised was that Matty would do something in regards to not extending the sub window in order to help prevent delays from happening. We have no idea why the figure is delayed. A worker's strike, bad weather, fewer than expected cargo ships, bigger cargo loads, and many other things entirely outside of Mattel's call could be the reason. Let's blame Mattel when they have created a problem (like not sending every subscriber a Fisto), but let's do it when it is clearly their fault.

As far as the 2014 sub being there or not, I think you and other posters have more of a point. Scott did speak as if 2014 would be a sure thing for figures if 2013 went through but then he backtracked a bit later on. But that can be attributed to both reflecting on how things have gone in the past (which is often, but not always a guarantee for the future) and the reality of the situation that Matty had not yet determined whether they would have a sub, how many figures it would be, etc. I don't recall anywhere that Scott has said there won't be figures in 2014. We also don't know whether legal told him that he had to be more careful about future plans for the line as far as whether or not there would be a sub after the sub sale window last summer.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    We know why the figure is delayed. It is called INCOMPETENCE. If this was something that were to occur once every 8-9 months, I wouldn't care. But when it is happening every month to every other month, it just shows how incompetent Mattel is. The only way I would sub for 2014 is IF they were to only do vintage MOTU characters and they cut it down to them being released every other month.

Of course, this is provided there is a DCU sub. If there is no DC sub, then I won't be subbing at all.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Interesting....this is He-Man.org?? Can't get any better to get 2 more vintage figures finally done. Especially Rammy & a debateable A list villain in Jitsu who is very underrated like Webstor. Again this is the Classics line....no matter what TG says about all encompassing factions being included. It'll always be vintage. Out of curiosity who are you wanting or looking forward to? Please don't say Karatti please don't say Karatti....fingers crossed.
    Sorry, but I am looking forward to Karatti. And Octavia, and a host of others. I love the entire mythos. (And you can roll your eyes all you want, but TG's the one in charge of the Classics line and as long as he says it's all-encompassing then that's what it's meant to be.) That being said, I personally find the appearance of Ram-Man and Jitsu to be lackluster and boring when compared to visually striking figures like Netossa, Octavia, and Karatti. And I don't mean that as a slight against the skills of the Four Horsemen--particularly in Jitsu's case they've done a great job of spicing up the dullness (IMO) of the vintage figure--it's just a matter of what my eyes are drawn toward. Plus, as I said in my earlier post, seeing so many folks throughout his thread immediately jump in and--without reason--blame one of my most wanted figures for the delay (not to mention simultaneously dismissing a character I value as garbage) leaves a bad taste in one's mouth, and so I'm less inclined to be enthusiastic about those fans actually getting what they want since they don't give a **** about what I want.

Also, yes, this is He-Man.org. Once upon a time, before the Classics line (ironically, considering how it was supposed to bring all factions together), it was a place where fans of all the iterations of MOTU-lore could come together and interact in relative harmony. I understand your confusion in thinking that this is a site only for fans of the vintage He-Man line, though, as most of the rest of us have been driven away over the last few years by newer members who, 30 years later, cannot see beyond their childhood biases.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Interesting....this is He-Man.org?? Can't get any better to get 2 more vintage figures finally done. Especially Rammy & a debateable A list villain in Jitsu who is very underrated like Webstor. Again this is the Classics line....no matter what TG says about all encompassing factions being included. It'll always be vintage. Out of curiosity who are you wanting or looking forward to? Please don't say Karatti please don't say Karatti....fingers crossed.
    Vintage fans need to understand that there are other eras that are going to come out in Classics. The non-Vintage toyline MOTUC adds variety to the line instead of the predictable cast of characters that you know will come out. Quite often a non-vintage character or thing steals the show at the reveals.

I'm looking forward to Ram Man, Jitsu, New Adventures He-Man, Clamp Champ, Snake Face, Karattti AND Netossa, although I like some better than others. Heck, King He-Man looks like a cool figure with his rusty 200X sword.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

How is Jitsu an A list villain? I wouldn't put him anything above C list.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    There is a very good reason to be concerned about this: Rammy is now a February figure, meaning the charge for him and Jitsu will be the second of the year. For the past two years straight, it has been the second charge of the year that caused a rash of sub cancellations because DR charged the wrong card (after charging the correct one the first time around). Add in the new sub page that may be up (and there is no rational reason to believe it will work correctly right off the bat), and I'm really wishing that the most requested figure in a long time was not coming out in February; just aske the folks who wound up without a Fisto or a Shadow Weaver last year how happy they are at this news...
    Yeah, this should be interesting.

I've used the same credit card on Matty for my subs for the past few years. That credit card expires in a couple of months. Knowing that this would be happening, I purposely used a different credit card (which doesn't expire until 2014) when I signed up for the 2013 sub. Hopefully I don't run into any problems with it charging to the correct card. Luckily the old card will still be good when the February sale happens, so even if I get the replacement card before then (since sometimes the replacement can show up quite a bit early), I won't activate it until after that sale has come and gone just as extra insurance.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I look at it this way, if they cancel my subs, then that is less hassles I have to deal with and I can buy all of the DCU stuff on ebay from that Chinese seller months in advance.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    How is Jitsu an A list villain? I wouldn't put him anything above C list.
    Well it depends on what constitutes as an A list villain. For example from an action figure standpoint Jitsu has had 3 action figures so far. One was a staction but it still counts. That is more figures than Glimmer but she would be considered A list to some people. If you are talking about media like Filmation or MYP then no he is certainly not A list but Glimmer would be since she had more appearances.

I think it all is a matter of personal perspective when it comes to MOTU.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Well it depends on what constitutes as an A list villain. For example from an action figure standpoint Jitsu has had 3 action figures so far. One was a staction but it still counts. That is more figures than Glimmer but she would be considered A list to some people. If you are talking about media like Filmation or MYP then no he is certainly not A list but Glimmer would be since she had more appearances.

Completely agree...
    Jitsu is definitely and A-lister in my canon!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quick Question about Rammy...Is he supposed to be priced higher than the standard figure? Would he cost like $35 as his base price since he is a bigger and heavier figure?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Quick Question about Rammy...Is he supposed to be priced higher than the standard figure? Would he cost like $35 as his base price since he is a bigger and heavier figure?
    Yes sir. He's a bit taller and bulkier than the normal sized figures.

Unfortunatelly this delays are becoming a regular thing, so I guess that something like this was to be expected.

$30 for subscribers....not sure about DOS....$35 or $37 sounds about right....

And yes, it's because he's considered a larger figure, it's a new figure size.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I would say Jitsu is closer to A list than C list, especially compared to Glimmer as people who don't really know about He Man too much know who he is. Glimmer does not get the same recognition. Doesn't mean she's not as important to the line but to general public, more people can point out who Jitsu is vs Glimmer, etc...
    I did a quick poll: 90% of my Coworkers knew that Jitsu was a he man figure and 45% named him --or was close (Ninjitsu, Fisto's enemy, etc). 60% knew Glimmer was a She Ra "doll" or figure. No one knew her name.
    Non-scientific poll, but it gave me something to do for a few minutes...

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah, he's bigger and he's taking up one of the "oversized items/giants/beasts/etc" slots.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Well, maybe the Granamyr delay was a good thing. I'm getting him today, so maybe he will help me get over my Ram-Man withdrawl for this month

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post

For me, A list villains are Skeletor, Beast-Man, Evil-Lyn and Hordak.

B listers are Trap-Jaw, Mer-Man, Tri-Klops, Leech, Grizzlor, and Mantenna.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    I would say Jitsu is closer to A list than C list, especially compared to Glimmer as people who don't really know about He Man too much know who he is. Glimmer does not get the same recognition. Doesn't mean she's not as important to the line but to general public, more people can point out who Jitsu is vs Glimmer, etc...
    I did a quick poll: 90% of my Coworkers knew that Jitsu was a he man figure and 45% named him --or was close (Ninjitsu, Fisto's enemy, etc). 60% knew Glimmer was a She Ra "doll" or figure. No one knew her name.
    Non-scientific poll, but it gave me something to do for a few minutes...
    Jitsu AND Glimmer are NOT remembered by anyone else but you, me and the people on this board. That's just how it is.

Regular people usually remember the names He-man, She-ra, Skeletor, Orko, and battle cat, that's about it, really.
    Anything else is too far ago and too obscure for the average guy.

This said, although I doubt she's remembered by her name, Glimmer played a much more important part in the She-ra cartoon than Fisto ever played in the He-man one. Glimmer was as important as Man-at-Arms or Teela. And so, for the millions who watched the Filmation shows, I do think Glimmer is a way more important character than Jitsu, just because Jitsu wasn't prominently featured in the He-man cartoon like let's say Beast Man or Evil Lyn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCHILD View Post
    Yes sir. He's a bit taller and bulkier than the normal sized figures.

Unfortunatelly this delays are becoming a regular thing, so I guess that something like this was to be expected.
    That is understandable, but it's also kind of some BS, because he is NO Battle Cat/Griffin...he's just a bit bigger than He-Man. I think this is gouging. He is not a 'beast' figure.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    He does look noticeably larger, however. He is apparently very heavy compared to a standard figure.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

He is oversized and a 100% unique sculpt. I'm sure he would have been a bit cheaper under the old price points, but with the price increase, he's now $30.
    Not that I disagree with the fact of their price gouging, as they've been doing it for a while, but I don't see it in Ram Man's case.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Dr. Kain you've been threatening to quit every month for the past three years. Don't tease me bro.
    lol

Guess what I just sold on ebay for $800? About 75 of my figures.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm with you on this one... There are non-vintage-figures, that look fine, but in the end of the day, when I watch at my 4-year old collection, I enjoy the vintage characters the most...