Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Ram-Man delayed!!

ram Man is the last on my list of really wanted good guys. Not saying there aren't more to be done but he was one of the all times. I just hope the horde gets their buggy eye popping fellow this year. And still need some Horde Trooper action in the world. As long as the delay makes for a non messed up Rammy I am good
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    lol

Guess what I just sold on ebay for $800? About 75 of my figures.
    Jokes on you. I would have given you $1600. That's 8 Castle Grayskulls.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I'm with you on this one... There are non-vintage-figures, that look fine, but in the end of the day, when I watch at my 4-year old collection, I enjoy the vintage characters the most...
    I'm having a little trouble here . . . a part of me wants to believe you like vintage and want that more than anything, that the rest doesn't matter, and that you must post this train of thought repeatedly, thread after thread.

But surely I'm wrong about that. I must be.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

CRAP. I take a 2 week vacation and stay of the 'net the WHOLE time and come home to THIS? How? How can Ram Man be delayed... I mean prices have been raised and accessories have been cut over the years to avoid late shipments and QC issues. So he cant be delayed, it makes NO sense. Oh wait its Mattel we are talking about here...
    Sorry Im just a tad ticked off here. No worries really, just hope it wont happen with Jitsu. Im a huge fan and will sub up EVERY year, i just get sick of hearing the excuses like everyone else.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Same here - Netossa and Octavia are two of the most exciting figures of the year (or even the whole line) for me. No interest in Jitsu and I've decided I can live without Ram-Man too.
    Netossa is not in the slightest sense the most exciting figure in the whole line....far fetched. But...but I would agree with on Octavia. She looks awesome!! Very excited to get her up amongst the Horde boys.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Same here - Netossa and Octavia are two of the most exciting figures of the year (or even the whole line) for me. No interest in Jitsu and I've decided I can live without Ram-Man too.
    Well... lucky for you we have to tolerate your opinions.

Delayed? Who cares, he's still coming out! If they said CANCELED, then I'd understand the backlash, but only four weeks delay?! For a toyline that only exists as a labor of love, y'all's sure ams vicious.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Jokes on you. I would have given you $1600. That's 8 Castle Grayskulls.
    Then PM me because I haven't shipped them out yet and I'll just refund the other dude his money back.

However, I highly doubt you would have paid $1600 for that lot when it did not have really the A listers.

Anyway, before this gets tossed as a Marketplace discussion, next month will at least be great for Ram-Man and maybe I'll warm up to Jitsu.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Sorry, but I am looking forward to Karatti. And Octavia, and a host of others. I love the entire mythos. (And you can roll your eyes all you want, but TG's the one in charge of the Classics line and as long as he says it's all-encompassing then that's what it's meant to be.) That being said, I personally find the appearance of Ram-Man and Jitsu to be lackluster and boring when compared to visually striking figures like Netossa, Octavia, and Karatti. And I don't mean that as a slight against the skills of the Four Horsemen--particularly in Jitsu's case they've done a great job of spicing up the dullness (IMO) of the vintage figure--it's just a matter of what my eyes are drawn toward. Plus, as I said in my earlier post, seeing so many folks throughout his thread immediately jump in and--without reason--blame one of my most wanted figures for the delay (not to mention simultaneously dismissing a character I value as garbage) leaves a bad taste in one's mouth, and so I'm less inclined to be enthusiastic about those fans actually getting what they want since they don't give a **** about what I want.

Also, yes, this is He-Man.org. Once upon a time, before the Classics line (ironically, considering how it was supposed to bring all factions together), it was a place where fans of all the iterations of MOTU-lore could come together and interact in relative harmony. I understand your confusion in thinking that this is a site only for fans of the vintage He-Man line, though, as most of the rest of us have been driven away over the last few years by newer members who, 30 years later, cannot see beyond their childhood biases.
    Yikes....I wasn't trying to stir up anything. I am also looking forward to Octavia. She looks absolutely incredible. And you know what? I apologize if you misunderstood me. I wasn't in the slightest sense trying to say Netossa is boring. She's fine. I like POP too but would rather see other core POP characters get done before this line goes away.I love everything MOTU except NA....sorry I don't. Karatti looks like he should be a villain in the TMNT line. I don't care for the other mythos to get all tangled up & confused into one lump. That's for another debate. It's Vintage all the way for me...don't get me wrong. I love 200x & POP. But there are plenty of Vintage characters that have yet to see a second upgrade as a figure. i.e. Rio Blast,Extendar,Dragstor,Mantenna,Horde Troopers,Sssqueeze,Glimmer,Queen Angella.....the list goes on....
    So my apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    How is Jitsu an A list villain? I wouldn't put him anything above C list.
    Well if he wasn't before he is now if you're going in on TG's all encompassing bio mythos. You haven't heard? Snake Mountain belongs to Jitsu now. His credentials just sky rocketed. At least according to Mattel/Skeletor. He will rule with a Golden Fist,chop hand whatever you want to call it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I'm with you on this one... There are non-vintage-figures, that look fine, but in the end of the day, when I watch at my 4-year old collection, I enjoy the vintage characters the most...
    My kids do the same. I have vintage,200x & some Classics toys for them to play with. They always wind up playing with my old vintage toys/playsets(CG). It's great to see their expressions when they see the vintage figures get Classicized. That's why I'm so excited about Ram Man. He's going to be huge in their eyes.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Delayed? Who cares, he's still coming out! If they said CANCELED, then I'd understand the backlash, but only four weeks delay?! For a toyline that only exists as a labor of love, y'all's sure ams vicious.
    Right?

Just wait until Matty tells us that Castle Grayskull won't ship until January of 2014..... then there's gonna be some backlash, lol!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Right?

Just wait until Matty tells us that Castle Grayskull won't ship until January of 2014..... then there's gonna be some backlash, lol!
    What? CG isnt planned to ship until 1st Q 2014. I guess everyone cant know about everything. I am just glad we are getting Netossa a month early, Ram Man will be on time, oh and Jitsu is coming a month early as well. I am the kinda guy that puts my alarm clock 45 minutes fast, so it feels like I get more sleep. I just set my calendar 1 month fast so it feels all my Matty items arrive early..or right on time.

Heroic Warrior
    Why were Snout Spout and Flipshot dropped from the January sale? They were announced and now they aren't part of it. Ram Man's delay shouldn't have affected the other offerings.

Hi Folks
    I live in the UK but checked my bank account this morning and approx £30 has been taken which i presume is for Ram man has anyone else had money taken yet with out an email. Just want to check before complaing.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    Hi Folks
    I live in the UK but checked my bank account this morning and approx £30 has been taken which i presume is for Ram man has anyone else had money taken yet with out an email. Just want to check before complaing.
    Thanks
    if they were charging you for Netossa and Ram man and shipping I am sure it would be more then that
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Hi
    When I bought my subscribtion I thought i paid for my intial figure and membership fee my intial figure was Netossa so therefore already paid for. This is my first ever subscribtion with Matty so I feel a bit confused.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    Hi
    When I bought my subscribtion I thought i paid for my intial figure and membership fee my intial figure was Netossa so therefore already paid for. This is my first ever subscribtion with Matty so I feel a bit confused.
    You were authorized for everything expected in January, but only the price for King He-Man (membership fee) was charged; neither Netossa nor Ram-Man was actually paid at that time.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Yikes....I wasn't trying to stir up anything. I am also looking forward to Octavia. She looks absolutely incredible. And you know what? I apologize if you misunderstood me. I wasn't in the slightest sense trying to say Netossa is boring. She's fine. I like POP too but would rather see other core POP characters get done before this line goes away.I love everything MOTU except NA....sorry I don't. Karatti looks like he should be a villain in the TMNT line. I don't care for the other mythos to get all tangled up & confused into one lump. That's for another debate. It's Vintage all the way for me...don't get me wrong. I love 200x & POP. But there are plenty of Vintage characters that have yet to see a second upgrade as a figure. i.e. Rio Blast,Extendar,Dragstor,Mantenna,Horde Troopers,Sssqueeze,Glimmer,Queen Angella.....the list goes on....
    So my apologies.
    I would like to apologize as well. I probably should have waited longer to post my reply, in order to give myself some cool-down time. As I stated in my initial post, I was frustrated by a number of posts that I saw, and yours merely provided a springboard off of which I could jump. Again, my apologies for undeservedly taking out that frustration on you.

For the sake of explanation, I don't care per se who prefers which era over which, or dismisses this character or that, but it infuriates me to no end when I see posters--and I don't mean you here, though I lumped you into this category yesterday--boldly declaring that characters they don't care for are somehow undeserving of existence. It happens all the time on this board with regards to the POP and NA characters, and I find it disrespectful to those members of this community who are interested in said characters. Personally speaking, I loathe the Rio-Blast character beyond imagining, but I know there are members of this community who enjoy his character, and I would never begrudge them the chance to add him to their collection. I find that a lot of He-Man.org members who are interested in the non-He-Man factions likewise extend that courtesy to others, whereas, all too often, certain vocal collectors who focus exclusively on the vintage MOTU line within the MOTUC whole go out of their way to be discourteous to the rest. This has led more and more longstanding, positive, and embracing He-Man.org community members to leave these forums--and many of those, like me, were here from the very beginning--resulting in my decreased ability to ignore what I perceive as hostility to non-vintage He-Man collectables and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Netossa is not in the slightest sense the most exciting figure in the whole line....far fetched. But...but I would agree with on Octavia. She looks awesome!! Very excited to get her up amongst the Horde boys.
    To be fair, that's a matter of perspective. I'm excited for Netossa for multiple reasons: (1) her vintage counterpart was relatively rare, so a lot of collectors of the vintage POP line wanted her but could never find her in stories; (2) again, in terms of the vintage line her character represented a taste of diversity to an otherwise all-white lineup, and today she brings that same element to the MOTUC Great Rebellion line-up; (3) the sculpt of her face is beyond gorgeous--in fact, I think it's one of the most striking faces they've done to date; (4) the color palette of her costume--the blues, the whites, and the silver, set against a lovely dark brown skin--is simply hypnotic. No, Netossa may not be the be-all-end-all of the line, but she's certainly got enough going for her to warrant some excitement, and she's anything but garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I sincerely hope that this was merely an attempt at humor, and that I'm reading into it a tone that's not actually intended. 'Cause, if you did mean it the way it sounds, I'd just like to point out that, in addition to being a wonderful person and a good friend, the poster you were responding to has been a member of this community since its inception, like myself. As such--and again, this applies only if you meant for that quote to sound as combative as I'm reading it--it would technically be you who is the lucky one that your opinion is being "tolerated." That being said, hopefully a mixture of having the flu and hostility elsewhere in this thread has simply made me overly sensitive, and you didn't mean it that way.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

RAM MAN DELAYED?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    It's his opinion dude, he said 'for me'. Your post really isn't needed.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    I have to laugh when Scot says in the Snake Face update 2013 is going to be a great year. Really Scott? Because it already starts bad with the delay of Ram-Man and the many quality issues of Granamyr. I'm not even over the Frosta disaster, my Dekker had a lot of issues and now my Granamyr is broken? I really hope not. But it will never end will it? No wait it will, when the line ends. It's that I love all these characters so much, but very disappointing Mattel, again.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    first time I'm disappointed with a delay. Really want Ram on display with the rest of the masters.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna