Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ram-Man delayed!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    No big deal for me - Netossa will get all my attention this month - she likely would have been overshadowed by Rammy so it's worked out OK.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Dr. Kain you've been threatening to quit every month for the past three years. Don't tease me bro.
    #drkainproblems Recognize!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    yes there have been some real QC issues, not crazy enough to say otherwise lol, but shipping delays are not always in the control of the company. There are so many things that can go wrong from factory to your doorstep.
    On a positive note, at least they didn't let us know of the delay on 1-14--that seems to be the way it usually goes

Quote Originally Posted by mdhollywood247 View Post
    I will say that this is not on Mattel, I work as a 3rd party shipper, shipping for places like Qvc, Hsn, etc. We recently we're supposed to have 30,000 paper shredders come in . Long story short only 12,000 has made it cause of delays.
    What, the paper shredders are gonna be late too? Don't know what upsets me more!!!!!!!!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Dr. Kain you've been threatening to quit every month for the past three years. Don't tease me bro.
    I think I love you
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I think I love you
    That makes two (plutonic of course***cough***) He told me how to use photobucket on here

Reading this thread (like many others on this board) it appears a lot of Adult Collectors who collect this line have, in reality, never grown up, or regressed back to childhood.

You'll get your Ram Man folks. Jeez. Frustrating, yeah, but you'll get him. Calm down everyone. Cool the warm jets!

As an aside, works out better for me as I have the Watchmen subscription and I'm having to pay $25 for Rorshach this month, and I want to grab a couple more Ram Mans (Ram Men?) in the day of sale :-) - fiancially that's easier next month.
    Last edited by karg182; January 7, 2013 at 02:25pm.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

One month later than not at all is fine with me, plus it gives my wallet a chance to cool off after December.

This thread is hilarious.

I can't believe the reaction to a one month delay.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Nooooooooo! I guess I can try to get a Netossa. She should be available since most people don't care for her. I was so ready to fight for a Ram-Man. Let's hope some wild card figures show up.
    A lot of people actually like her; I know because I have read their comments elsewhere. I would like facts. I can't stand when people make statements like this. If you don't like this figure, a figure you don't even have in-hand yet, that's fine, but please don't speak for me or others here.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I REALLY would have preffered Netossa be delayed--but oh well....
    Why? What's wrong with the figure? Is it just that she is a POP character? Or female? I'm going to challenge you here. What's so undesirable about her? Her gimmick? Surely it's no more silly than a man covered in moss or a giant skunk or with an elephant head?

Quote Originally Posted by bnlvince View Post
    So this month is only netossa?! What a wasted month. Yuck!
    Again, why "yuck?"

Do you dislike the 4H's work? Or is it just cool to say this?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    From what I read on here, nobody really wanted/wants her. I think she looks fabulous and I have always wanted her. I never got the doll version because of rarity/price.
    Who is "nobody?"

Maybe the same 8-10 people who make a point to complain about figures like Netossa in between the 7 or 10 vintage MOTU releases in a year.

Generalizations aren't wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    While she is my least favorite POP girl by a mile, I still want her. I think alot of people are disappointed she is coming so soon. I mean 4 years & no Glimmer, yet we get a D-lister at best. If you factor in the disappointment & the standard POP hater comments, it does seem like she is unwanted. I still want her, and hey if we get my least wanted out of the way, I got no where to go but up now. But even as a POP fan I'll admit, her on her own is kind of a weak month. Yay Ram Man will be my Valentine!
    Again, I haven't read that many comments about anyone not wanting her. There are a handful of people who don't, but that's because they either don't collect female characters, or they don't like anything new, or maybe they forgot to read the original pitch for MOTUC?

Glimmer will happen. I like this diversity. We need more B & C listers from POP.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Too bad I have to waste money on Netossa, but hopefully I can recoup at least some of that if I can sell her.
    What is it that makes her a "waste of money?". I want to know why you don't like this figure.
    Do you need another 30 years to get past the pink boxes of pop? Do you need to watch the episodes she's in? I just don't get how this awesome looking figure can cause you grief.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm definitely disappointed over this. I couldn't care less for Netossa but I have been stoked for Ram Man ever since he was announced and after last months figures my son and I have been counting down the days to get him. You would think with a figure as important and sought after as Ram Man and him being the first release of the year and subscription numbers in jeopardy that Mattel would have been all over this to ensure we didn't have another delay like last year.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    .I am curious to watch an see if we are billed for RamMan this month anyway... then watch an see if we are billed AGAIN for him in Febuary...
    Oh we will definitely be billed this month (and yeah, probably next month, too! - but definitely this month)

Honestly, while I live the sculpt of the figure, if we'd never received Ram Man I wouldn't have cried about it.

He's a fun character. He's nostalgic. He's brilliantly sculpted and painted.

But one month is nothing.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I guess Mattel just put one more nail in MOTUC's coffin... I don't think there will be a 2014 MOTUC collection. It seems Mattel does its utmost to sink this line...

And it HAD to be Ram-Man (one of the most anticipated figures that fans have been waiting for years to complete their basic heroic warriors roster !) who had to be delayed... Yeah, right !

It seems we've met the very same issue last year... Now, please don't forget that February is CHINESE NEW YEAR'S MONTH !!!

Matty cannot learn from the mistakes of their past, so I guess this line is condemned. If we get a 2014 MOTUC line, I'd say it's a miracle !

P.S. : will subscribers suffer the same fate than last year's ? Remember those subbers who never got their Fisto !? Wait and see, people, just you wait and see...

P.P.S. : Oh ! And if by some ill fate this was one of Mattel's "tactics" to try to seel more Netossa figures in January, as far as I'm concerned, it's a fail...
    Last edited by Prahvus; January 7, 2013 at 02:44pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I REALLY would have preffered Netossa be delayed--but oh well....
    Same here, waiting for this guy a long time to finally complete my Heroic Warriors faction. 2013 starts boring, like 2012 . So now again, delays finally made it into 2013... Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    What is it that makes her a "waste of money?".
    B/c I don't want to own the figure.

I want to know why you don't like this figure.
    Why do you care?
    There is nothing 'motu' to me about this figure to me, and I'm just not interested. Nothing more to it than that.

Do you need another 30 years to get past the pink boxes of pop? Do you need to watch the episodes she's in?
    It's not 'pink boxes', it's that I just don't care. Just like I passed on Mosquitor, EP Randor, DB Skeletor, TP He-Man, Hurricane Hordak, etc. I don't remember them coming in pink boxes, but I just don't care about them. You might want to pause before generalizing.

I just don't get how this awesome looking figure can cause you grief.
    I don't know how one offhand comment can cause you so much grief. It's not like I'm on here bashing Netossa all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I guess Mattel just put one more nail in MOTUC's coffin... I don't think there will be a 2014 MOTUC collection. It seems Mattel does its utmost to sink this line...

And it HAD to be Ram-Man (one of the most anticipated figures that fans have been waiting for years !) who had to be delayed... Yeah, right !

It seems we've met the very same issue last year... Now, please don't forget that February is CHINESE NEW YEAR'S MONTH !!!

Matty cannot learn from the mistakes of their past, so I guess this line is condemned. If we get a 2014 MOTUC line, I'd say it's a miracle !

P.S. : will subscribers suffer the same fate than last year's ? Remember those subbers who never got their Fisto !? Wait and see, people, just you wait and see...
    Do you EVER say anything that isn't a skeptical 'I told you so' or 'I predict the line will end SOON'? Or 'Another fine mess Mattel have gotten themselves into? Remember the black plastic...'

It's only a months delay. Calm down! It always feels to me, reading your posts, that you will only be happy if this line fails

Heroic Warrior
    I'm entiteld to my opnion. If you don't like it, it's not my problem. I'm a bit bored by all those utopists who are totally unable to see that this is 2012's situation all over again !

This thread is hilarious.

I can't believe the reaction to a one month delay.

Why? What's wrong with the figure? Is it just that she is a POP character? Or female? I'm going to challenge you here. What's so undesirable about her? Her gimmick? Surely it's no more silly than a man covered in moss or a giant skunk or with an elephant head?
    Well, first--it's not just a month issue that were dealing with, it's an ongoing issue of something EVERY month now. If this was a random thing I wouldnt care either, but that's not the situation at all. Secondly, I dont hate Netossa, but she's just such an obscure character that has limited accessories that were cut = MEH. I usually like POP, but this figure bores me to no end. Also, you even made the point we have giant skunks, moss covered men and those figures are WAYYYYYYY more exciting than this one --gimick = throws a net--ummm yeah I have opened all of my Motuc figures to date, but this one may very well stay in the box
    Last edited by He-Kal; January 7, 2013 at 03:20pm.

Annoying but as long as he comes out alright I will live Was looking forward to him quite a bit as has everyone else who loves the classics. but as it was said. little late is better than cancelled
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I'm entiteld to my opnion. If you don't like it, it's not my problem. I'm a bit bored by all those utopists who are totally unable to see that this is 2012's situation all over again !
    I'm not by any means a 'utopist' or an apologist or any other 'ist', and of course I wouldn't deny you your opinion. I just think on the opposite side of the spectrum, the vitriol and constant raking up of the same mistakes on every thread doesn't seem to help much.

A one month delay by itself is not a big deal. Stuff happens.

The fact that it has happened several times over the past year, AND happened again after we were told no more delays starting this year, and that the 2013 line was supposedly so far ahead in the production cycle, why should he be delayed??

Is it that Chinese New Year they suddenly forgot about last year and have amnesia about again this year (yet didn't affect 2010 or 2011 amazingly)?

It's not a big deal to wait a month to get Ram Man, but the ineptness of Matty is just never ending and tiresome.

Oh no, duke I get you, and I'm not dissing her. Somebody has to be my least favorite, just happens to be her. I do want her & I like the diversity as well. (I'll admit to being selfish & thinking about me & getting my Glimmer) I just get the feeling she was put with Ram Man to 'sweeten the pot' if you will. Now with him pushed, her lack of accessories, being female, being POP & no real powers it just seems she is getting the short end of the stick due to no Ram Man & everyone looking only at her now. I am looking forward to her as we are now one step closer to making the Rebellion actually a Great one. She is a beautifully sculpted figure with an uphill battle to be accepted. She has a spot on my shelf no question.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I think the real question we'd all like an answer to is how the billing/shipping is going to be handled. Will we still get billed the full amount for Rammy/Netossa this month, or will the Rammy charge get pushed to Feb? And then will Netossa ship on her own, or will they hold her until February and ship everything? And what about those of us with a DC/Watchmen sub ordered all together? Will it be a Granamyr/Procrustus type situation where they'll ship out what complete orders they have and complete the rest as more Ram Men arrive?

Honestly, I'd prefer Mattel just bill the January figures now (minus shipping) and ship everything in February when it's ready. Then I'll get a nice big package with Rammy, Netossa, Jitsu, Saint Walker, Phantom Stranger and possibly King He-Man & Monsieur Mallah next month.

I'm not a subscriber, but I would love to have a chance to pick up a Griffin on DOS. Here's hoping.

I don't think Mattel is trying to sabotage the line. In fact, I think the line is only still here because of fans support, and Mattel's and Scott's desire to please the fans. However, I think the line is sort of an afterthought for Mattel as a whole, like a side project Mattel gave to Scott/Toy Guru to run. I think resources are limited for this line as compared to other mass retail produced brands, and so managing it is a bit of a nightmare.

Also don't forget the logistical nightmare caused by each element of this line being produced in separate, far flung countries/regions. What if the factory in China only made a certain amount and didn't meet the quota? That affects dates and distribution. What if someone from Digital River goofed about the amount of inventory on hand for shipping? That also could affect things.

I understand delays, but I also understand folks' frustration. These toys cost a fortune, and subs cost a mint! The whole purpose of subs is so that people are guaranteed certain perks that non-subscribers don't have. At the very least, Mattel should make sure the subscribers are satisfied. Perhaps I am a bad person to comment on this, as I am a gamer, and I am so used to massive delays on things. I've waited years for delayed games, a few months for a figure is not tragic for me.