Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ram-Man delayed!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It is the "fans" here that cause me to come to these boards less and less. Too much negativity.
    This! It's a shame, because I used to HAVE to stop by these boards every single day. Now, I stop by MAYBE once a month.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post

Yay two more men to add to an already sausage heavy line.

LOL, true but they are two EPIC men and two of my Favorite vintage characters so it makes me very excited. I don't care about the delay honestly....as I said, saves me some money on my sub. I can now justify maybe buying King Hsss or Keldor off Evil bay (two more sausages to use your term ) And honestly I'm glad it was Ram Man that got delayed...if someone had to be.....because he is the more expensive guy and because I can just imagine what would happen if a PoP GR member got delayed lol .....again.......

The world didn't end on the 21st and it won't end now. My collection will still be awesome either way. I look at it this way....I still have to wait longer than that for some figures I really want that I know a lot of other people don't....like Plundor, Gwildor, and Songster. What's a month?!

It sucks that Rammy is delayed, but I'm soooo happy we are getting Netossa on time. To have her apart of this line is amazing. This has always been the draw of Motuc to me VARIETY. It's extremely disappointing to hear some of the many negative/disgusting comments made by the Pop haters on these boards. Just do everyone a favor and stop collecting already. If you hate certain figures/characters so much don't sub, let the line die. The 4H are extremely talented and I can say sans some of the quality issues, they have knocked every figure out of the park. I thank them and Scott for giving us so many great figures. This line will go down as my favorite toylines ever.

I am a true fan and support all things Masters, and yes that does include Pop and Na.

OH BOO-HOO! Mattel you're so horrible to us! How will I ever get on with my life for the next month?
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    OH BOO-HOO! Mattel you're so horrible to us! How will I ever get on with my life for the next month?
    We could play dress-up to pass the time, Doc P!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I care because unlike those other figures you passed on, you (and a few others) made a point of making it obvious, in a public way, why you don't like this one. Why bother stating the negativity.
    This is completely false, and my posts speak for themselves. I made an offhand comment, I'm not nattering on about how much I hate such-and-such, and I didn't bash the 4H sculpt. The only time I've stated disappointment with the 4H sculpts is with some of the Vykron accessories, and I defend their work all the time.
    I was vocal about Netossa's, and other GR members', unfair lack of accessories compared to motu. I am simply indifferent to the figure, and don't want it. I'm allowed to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    When have you ever lived in a community that people NEVER had disagreements on. I just made a point that many others feel. I dont wish pop fans to be disspointed at all--in fact I Would LOVE BETTER Pop figures to come out (Glimmer,Scorpia,etc)... I even saw posts where pop fans were bummed over this reveal. Anyways, who are you to tell me to leave the boards if I make a statement that annoys you--get over yourself
    I know, this is ridiculous. Reading how this thread has progressed, those who don't want her are now being generalized as having labelled her a piece of garbage!

Some people don't like Netossa, get over it. Some PoP fans dislike plenty of things and get quite vitriolic over various figures.

Chill guys, no point getting all heated over poor Rammys slight delay.

RamMan is my TOP favorite MOTU figure OF ALL TIME EVER, an one that I have wanted and expected made since I first discovered this line.

But its just 1 more month guys!
    I will tell ya right now, if my impatient/OCD as HOLY HECK collector butt can stand to wait one more month for RamMans arrival; I assure you; we can all make it one more month!

I promise it wont kill us, an it wont Kilt teh lien!
    Last edited by Replikor; January 7, 2013 at 05:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7
    This is completely false, and my posts speak for themselves. I made an offhand comment, I'm not nattering on about how much I hate such-and-such, and I didn't bash the 4H sculpt. The only time I've stated disappointment with the 4H sculpts is with some of the Vykron accessories, and I defend their work all the time.
    I was vocal about Netossa's, and other GR members', unfair lack of accessories compared to motu. I am simply indifferent to the figure, and don't want it. I'm allowed to say that.
    I know you posted about her lack of accessories.

This isn't all about you. I was posting about a few different people. Your comment was the least bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7
    I know, this is ridiculous. Reading how this thread has progressed, those who don't want her are now being generalized as having labelled her a piece of garbage!
    You do realize that someone posted that the figure was a "piece of garbage," right?

[QUOTE-Whiplash7]Some people don't like Netossa, get over it. Some PoP fans dislike plenty of things and get quite vitriolic over various figures. That's life.[/QUOTE]

When has a POP fan here ever said the following in a thread about a figure in this line: "Piece of garbage" or "waste of money?"

You can't make generalizations like that and just bail. If you want to make those claims, that's fine, but don't defend a few people in the thread who have clearly gone just a little too far in being really nasty about this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i totally agree - ram man is one of my all time 'wants' but having to wait another month for this figure makes no difference whatsoever - come on guys, it's just a month! ... we're still getting him!

and lets not turn this into a POP-hatin' fest either ... im not a fan of POP, but just because january is now a POP only month for subscribers, it doesn't mean we have to criticise the figures/fans ...

we will all get what we want eventually
    Thank you. See? A shining example of a fair and reasonable statement.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Oh that is rich. On a site about toys... the ONLY reason I subbed was for Ram Man. Netossa can go in the bin for all I care.
    Why not just wait until you have her. You might think she's cool once you have her in-hand. I mean, it's a cool design if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    You subbed for one figure? Anyhow, a forum about toys this might be but, seriously, do you really feel conned just because of a months delay? They're not canning him altogether. I'm not deliberately trying to 'flame' here but the negative comments aren't gonna help anyone.

Referring to a toy as 'garbage' - at least list it on an auction site at a low start price.

And 2013 is looking like a pretty great year - there will be more goodness outside of Ram Man. And you'll have King He-Man which looks like a nice (if non-essential) figure.

The thing that always blows my mind is just how heavy the vitriol is for some of these figures. They are ALL part of MOTU now. They are ALL cool. Some are more cool than others - and that obviously depends on who you are and what your interests are. I just wish that some people here enjoyed the line like many of us do: we like it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Very well said and I agree. It's sad that some fans comments can influence the line in way that takes happiness from other fans. I don't read many post by the fans of POP or NA saying that the vintage MOTU are a waste and should never be made.

Lets all just support the line by buying subs and if there is a figure you don't like, just quietly sell or trade it, so that we can all get the figures we want in the end.
    Thank you!
    And good suggestion - just sell or trade what you don't want. It's not impossible. Trading with or selling to customizers is something that will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    When have you ever lived in a community that people NEVER had disagreements on. I just made a point that many others feel. I dont wish pop fans to be disspointed at all--in fact I Would LOVE BETTER Pop figures to come out (Glimmer,Scorpia,etc)... I even saw posts where pop fans were bummed over this reveal. Anyways, who are you to tell me to leave the boards if I make a statement that annoys you--get over yourself
    He didn't say that there shouldn't be disagreements. It's the manner in which people express themselves that leaves a lot to be desired. See this post:

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    People, you can't call a figure 'piece of garbage' then act mock-surprised and mock-innocent when other people are offended by your comments.

There's a fine line between not deciding to buy a figure and saying it's a piece of garbage.

Also, If you bought a sub despite knowing that you will get that 'piece of garbage', that doesn't portray you as being particularly bright.
    If you don't want every figure, no one forced you to buy a sub. Maybe you should rethink your committment to the line and only buy what you like. It's not difficult to buy these figures on Ebay.

I for one am a cherry picker. I didn't buy Moskitor, I didn't buy Rattlor. I didn't buy many figures last year. Does it mean I have to come here on a forum and say they're a piece of garbage? No. I find that incredibly CHILDISH. There are hundreds of other adjectives and descriptions that I could think of such as 'underwhelming', 'bulky', 'too goofy', 'disappointing' etc.

The 4 horsemen read this. Mattel reads this. Again, a lot of people spend a lot of time on these figures. You may not like the character or the sculpt but you should still respect that work, especially if you call yourself a fan.

I don't know what work you do, if any, but how would you feel if you went online and read someone saying that what you worked on for 3 months is 'a piece of garbage'? Who are you to decide what's a piece of garbage and what's an amazing piece of modern sculpture? Are you an art connoisseur? What are your credentials?

In essence, yeah. GROW UP.

As for myself, I have zero nostalgia interest and connection with Netossa but I'm buying her because she is a beautiful sculpt. Is she my most-wanted figure of the year? Nope. But she's certainly the most beautiful face along with Teela.

Thank you. You make some excellent points. There just needs to be a class on respect around here

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    There, there, don't be sad, Duke, I still love you... uhm... Netossa, I mean..

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Wow this is a little disheartening.

We're all fans here, right? I really hate to say it, I mean I REALLY hate to say it, but can't we all just get along? 1 30 day delay & a figure we've known about for months shouldn't cause us to be angry at anyone, much less each other. We get a MOTUC this month, to me that's flippin' awesome. 2 next month. We are all passionate about this brand, I'm sure we can talk about it in a more reasonable way. I plan on being an org member for a long time. I don't wanna upset ANYONE, but it's not like we are dying and the cure is in Ram Man, he'll come eventually. I do get it that people are frustrated, but arguing & bashing figures, & each other only makes things worse.

Just my 2 cents. Throw me to the wolves if ya wanna.
    I just want him to come out so people aren't so cranky

You're right though - this is supposed to be a community. Of course that community is made up of different tastes. I have no problem with this. I just have a problem with people labeling my taste as "garbage."

That bothers me, and I know it bothers others.
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 7, 2013 at 05:35pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Well, that's disappointing, but no big deal. I still have to open Mosquitor and Granymyr should be here soon. With Netossa coming, that's lots to tide me over!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Even with some of the negativity, this community is FAR more civil/pleasant than some of the video gaming boards I frequent. You guys are like The Golden Girls compared to some of the online communities I am a part of. This is my place to chill out.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    This blows. I'm not in the waiting mood after Granamyr. Can't wait to see how long Castle Grayskull gets delayed.
    GIFSoup
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; January 7, 2013 at 05:52pm.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Who's Ram Man?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Even with some of the negativity, this community is FAR more civil/pleasant than some of the video gaming boards I frequent. You guys are like The Golden Girls compared to some of the online communities I am a part of. This is my place to chill out.
    Wish you had seen this place a decade ago. Almost like heaven on earth.

I'm getting nostalgic...
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

No problems - I can wait for Rammy. Only let down is that this month is very light with the pap Netossa.

What's a few more weeks after waiting years? No big deal.

This thread is funny, if a little sad. Seriously, though, we've pretty much been waiting for Ram-Man since the very beginning of the line. Thirty more days isn’t going to kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    We could play dress-up to pass the time, Doc P!
    Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    Who's Ram Man?
    Last edited by DrPAYNE; January 7, 2013 at 05:44pm.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I care because Scott will likely read through two pages and see a few posts like the ones I quoted, and that will further encourage him to continue thinking the She-Ra characters aren't worth it. I think, to Scott, Netossa = Glimmer = Perfuma = Angella = Flutterina = Mermista, etc.

It's a difficult thing. I guess I'd ask people to just be a little more sensitive to the fact that many of us who collect this line (and bought multiple subs so that we COULD have a Ram Mam figure at all) do want more pop and NA characters, and that when there are negative posts about certain releases, just for the sake of negativity, it encourages a brand manager who already doesn't "get" the appeal of those characters, to think no one wants them.

Another point:

The 4H read these comments. They probably think this fan community has nothing but bratty complaint-filled regard for them.

You might think I'm wrong, but I'd bet I'm right.
    To be honest, if Scott or the 4HM read these boards, they see what's really going on. They see, that situations like this cause people to discuss their differences and their preferences. I think, that's a good thing and it's neccessary.

I think, the 4HM can tell the difference between complaints about their work, or complaints about character selection or issues by Mattel. I can understand, that your fear is, that Mattel won't finish the POP faction, but that shouldn't affect other fans telling their opinion and the way they feel about situations like this...

I for one am somewhat happy about the delay. First off, my wallet gets a nice break after a very expensive December. Secondly, I can (hopefully) order Ram Man and Jitsu together to save on shipping in February. That's a big "if" as the Matty website will probably overloaded that day and I may not get either. I had to skip the sub this year and become a cherry picker due to a variety of reasons. I can understand why some may be upset with the delay though.

Well Ram Man is certainly worth the wait. Not sure if I would even say I was waiting for RAM MAN even though he is a very impressive looking figure. Scott and Mattel delay the figures as much is needed for them to come out correct and as close to your promise as you can.

Maybe with the extra month Scott and the gang can look into his name and give him something less phallic and suggestive?
    Last edited by cobrakahn; January 7, 2013 at 05:48pm.

No big deal.. Yes, I want Ram Man, but I also know that it states in the legal lingo when I got the sub, ""subject to change" or something to that affect. So, I am not at all upset. It will get here, just a month later. Not the end of the world, and I knew this could happen on any month to any figure.

Yeah, I've been waiting since the beginning of the line for this guy. Thirty days will breeze by. Thanks for making the product Mattel

I heard the Chinese started celebrating a "Chinese New Year" thing this year where the factories close for two weeks. How could Mattel have possibly have known this would be going on?
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    VERY good point!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    What's a few more weeks after waiting years? No big deal.
    Quite true.

In the meantime - we can take a trip down memory lane and pull out the vintage Rammy, the two 200X Rammies, and even the McDonald's Happy meal Rammy!! Hey! There's the 200X mini figure too - and the vintage eraser!!!

I'm serious. Revisiting the former versions of an upcoming figure can be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79
    I think, the 4HM can tell the difference between complaints about their work, or complaints about character selection or issues by Mattel. I can understand, that your fear is, that Mattel won't finish the POP faction, but that shouldn't affect other fans telling their opinion and the way they feel about situations like this...
    You'd have a stronger point if people hadn't posted things here like "piece of garbage" and "waste of money."

That's not the same as saying, "I'm not a huge fan."

What's disturbing is that a friend of mine on here, who wasn't a fan of POP at all before MOTUC, but who is now because of the 4H, said that he's just avoiding this discussion.

So his opinion isn't heard. Therefore, this thread isn't a good representation of what a good cross-section of fans think.

Language like 'piece of garbage,' etc. makes people walk away.

I am kind of the opposite - when I see that kind of talk, I speak up because I love a good verbal tussle, and I also feel like I spend WAY more than enough money on this line to justify having my opinion heard.

I respect your point, but I don't think it's entirely fair.
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 7, 2013 at 05:54pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Ram Man and Jitsu together in February will be AWESOME!!! Maybe the best month yet. I can wait 30 more days. No biggie.

But now I look forward to Netossa and her beautiful sculpt
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.