Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ram-Man delayed!!

Hey everyone, I know it's a few pages back now... but everyone needs to chill out a little.
    Treat each other with respect.
    Don't disparage other people's opinions.
    And don't take an opinion on a particular toy as a personal attack.

Thanks!
    Jon

The joy of the sub is that you get them... period. No worries, and I agree with so many here, the cost has been crazy as of late... give the wallet a rest!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    No big deal to me although I'm not exactly one of those screaming for a Ram Man figure either. Yeah, he's a necessity to your collection, but delays happen and I don't take MOTU existing for granted these days. I don't have the "Need it now" mentality that I used to that I see a lot of people actually have nowadays.

Again, no big deal. Pop a chill pill (or two) if Ram Man being delayed til next month is a major issue to you.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post

There wasn't an email yet... Only a post on facebook.
    Thats whack...

I am going to refrain from saying the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    There are ebay sellers who have already pre-sold Rammy. I wonder how that's going to go down.
    I have 2 on eBay now and have only sold 1 of them. I contacted the buyer, explained the situation, and offered to still hold it for him when it comes in or I can cancel the order. He asked me to hold it so all is well for now.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

No I'm not...

I really do not use Facebook like that and I dont even really, to this day, understand what twitter really is for...

Yet, I signed up for a sub. I would think, that sending out an e-mail would be MOST appropriate to ENSURE that the people who signed up for a sub would be notified.

Also, I would assume that making an e-mail to ALSO notify its sub holders that there will be a price increase for February.

You can be efficent but wholly ineffective...that being said...I think this is an example. How about an e-mail (one e-mail) addressing BOTH of these issues, just an idea....

With Ram Man AND Jitsu being released in the same month, I expect one or both to sell out before I can process my order. Then by the time I delete the one from my cart, the other one will be sold out. While slightly peeved, I knew this was coming when I decided not to subscribe. Secondary market here I come.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    We did... It was a better time... Everyone was really happy MOTU was back.
    The internet wasn't as big back then though... Companies weren't using social media and such.
    We also didn't have this no-holds-barred communication with Mattel back then either.
    If people treated Jeremy the way that some people treat Scott, he would have never talked to us again.
    I could not agree more, especially on the last sentence.

But enough org-nostalgia for one day.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Mehno big deal. I'm looking forward to him but I'm not gonna light torches and start saying how horrible Mattel is. So I'll get Ram-Man and Jitsu at the same time? Nothing wrong with that picture.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The delay is not a big deal to me. Ram-man's a good figure, but I don't have a shrine to him. He's also a first quarter, not January figure, so as long as he shows up by April it's all good.

Definitely don't get the dumping on Netossa vibe. It's not like we were unaware she was coming, and this thread doesn't have anything to do with her.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

As far as the delays go,it does get frustrating but you have to put life in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    No I'm not...

I really do not use Facebook like that and I dont even really, to this day, understand what twitter really is for...

Yet, I signed up for a sub. I would think, that sending out an e-mail would be MOST appropriate to ENSURE that the people who signed up for a sub would be notified.

Also, I would assume that making an e-mail to ALSO notify its sub holders that there will be a price increase for February.

You can be efficent but wholly ineffective...that being said...I think this is an example. How about an e-mail (one e-mail) addressing BOTH of these issues, just an idea....
    I completely agree with you!

My guess is that Scott's team got the information about the certainty of the shipment delay and they got the info out on Facebook ASAP, but getting Digital River to send a mass email to all the subscription holders probably has ridiculous amounts of red tape. We all know how efficient they are ! I'm sure we will get an email sometime tomorrow.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Ram-Man delayed!!
    (Heavy sigh) Dammit.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Personally I think the one month delay is a good thing because it's much better than the partial shipments BS IMO, when you have no idea when your stuff is going to ship and your entire order is held up for one item to be in stock. Like with Granny & Procrustus, I ordered them the first day but had to wait until last week for the shipping email, the whole time stressing that DR wouldn't find a way to bungle things up, with all that extra time they had while waiting of the shipments to come in I'm sure they could have invented a couple of new ways to screw up.
    .....Besides, wasn't this what Scott said they were supposed to do when there was a delay, instead of the partial shipment thing?

.....and sorry for possibly adding fuel to the fire, but I was also under the impression that Netossa wasn't exactly the most wanted figure, simply based on the number of posts in the Marketplace of people trying to trade/sell her...... But regardless of my indifference to the character, I'm glad her fans are getting her.

Snappy Threader
    I'm fine with the delay, no probs here. I'm not thrilled about Netossa, but it will be ok. I'm not anti-POP either....I can't wait for Glimmer, Kowl, Mermista, Sweet Bee.....just never had a connection to Netossa, no one I knew had a Netossa back in the day and I just never had that connection. That could change of course when I have her in a few weeks.........it usually does, then I will be saying she is the best yet. Ha!

Ram-Man was too expensive to make so they figured out a way to make him cheaper. That will be my guess for the delay.

Time for a Fang Man and King He-Man bio reveal if you ask me!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Time for a Fang Man and King He-Man bio reveal if you ask me!
    For sure, no doubt about it. We need some bio reveals.....

Not too big of a deal for me...sadly delays are just apart of being a MOTUC collector.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

On it's own, this isn't a big deal. The issue is that this is just the latest added to a long list of troubles with this line. Sad, but at this point, I don't think anyone expects much from Matty. As long as you don't expect anything from Matty (and DR), then they'll deliver.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I don't know, I just think it's unfair to lump in delays with all of Matty/DR's other problems..... I don't believe a delay deserves to even be in the same sentence as say, selling known defective product at increased prices, or canceling subs because of using years old credit card info that was changed numerous times but they still managed to use the outdated #, or breaching a contract by not delivering a figure (i.e. Fisto situation for some), etc., etc., etc. ALL companies experience delays from time to time, not all companies do the other stuff.

Personally, I'd give them a mulligan on delays and not heap delays on to the same pile as the other stuff.
    Last edited by marndt8448; January 7, 2013 at 07:49pm.

For some reason, I'm tempted to knock a wall down with my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post

I know, this is ridiculous. Reading how this thread has progressed, those who don't want her are now being generalized as having labelled her a piece of garbage!

Some people don't like Netossa, get over it. Some PoP fans dislike plenty of things and get quite vitriolic over various figures.
    Totally agree, I think by itself this figure is nice and the Four Horseman did a good job (as always). That being said, there were ALOT of other CORE Pop characters (like Frosta ) that could have been picked for this slot due to the weak showing of Pop in this line so far. So,if there had been a better Pop figure this month, I would have been more ok with this (still slightly irked over ANOTHER delay though). I just tried to make the point that I would prefer Ram-Man which turned into something like "you said that Netossa is bad, and Pop fails!" Huh?! Anyways, if someone says something negative about your figure that you like, what does that matter to you? As long as YOU still like it, that should be all that matters
    Last edited by He-Kal; January 7, 2013 at 07:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    While she is my least favorite POP girl by a mile, I still want her. I think alot of people are disappointed she is coming so soon. I mean 4 years & no Glimmer, yet we get a D-lister at best. If you factor in the disappointment & the standard POP hater comments, it does seem like she is unwanted. I still want her, and hey if we get my least wanted out of the way, I got no where to go but up now. But even as a POP fan I'll admit, her on her own is kind of a weak month. Yay Ram Man will be my Valentine!
    whats great is i made a post like this elsewhere almost verbatim. i wish there were more people looking on the brightside of thier personal dissapointments.

now i said that i gotta say so what rammy is feb. as long as there is at least one new fig a month im happy. besides i thought he was going to be feb anyway.

Uggh! They weren't prepared for it again! Darn that Chinese New Year!

Somebody at Mattel write on the calendar for the Chinese New Year so this delay stuff doesn't happen again.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210