Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With an Evil Dead remake coming this year

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I for one am psyched for this movie. Both trailers convey an intensity that looks crazy good. I can't wait.

I have a friend who loves the original, but refuses to see this one b/c the main character is not Ash. Oh well. His loss. I think it's going to be incredible.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    You're right--I don't have to and I don't watch them. That being said, horror movies in the past (like the original Halloween) didn't have to be overly gory to tell a good story. You say having people "write" a story that is "creative" in how it shows extreme ways for people to die to make a story is really just cheap if you think about it. If they could REALLY tell a good story, you wouldn't need to show the stuff you do now. It's like the 3-d movement now--Hollywood is having a harder time coming up with original, good stories--so they make it in 3-d to hide the fact you're really watching a not so good movie
    I never said they didn't need to tell a good story, but movies like Final Destination and Saw work to see how creative they can be with the deaths and traps and stuff. The Shining and The Thing are both prime example of excellent story telling while also having some gruesome death scenes.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    You're right--I don't have to and I don't watch them. That being said, horror movies in the past (like the original Halloween) didn't have to be overly gory to tell a good story. You say having people "write" a story that is "creative" in how it shows extreme ways for people to die to make a story is really just cheap if you think about it. If they could REALLY tell a good story, you wouldn't need to show the stuff you do now. It's like the 3-d movement now--Hollywood is having a harder time coming up with original, good stories--so they make it in 3-d to hide the fact you're really watching a not so good movie
    Agreed.

IMO, the best films are the ones that hold a mystery. They are the ones that have your own mind scare the **** out of you!

Blood for bloods sake, IMO, its meaningless.

If I wanna watch something really scary...I turn on the news!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

For me personally, it depends on what mood I'm in at the time; I don't necessarily always need some deep and complex plot to be drawn into a horror movie, however, it has to have a redeeming quality or qualities, like having a really good vibe, amazing visuals and/or actors who give amazing performances. Sometimes I'm sold on just one of those things.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."