Thread: No Nostalgia Required

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar

No Nostalgia Required

What is your favorite character/figure (from any MOTU era) that you have no nostalgic connection to?

I stopped collecting MOTU figures in '85 or '86. Taking only into consideration the figures that were released after that, I would say my favorite is Rio Blast. However, that's subject to change without notice.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

tie between Scareglow and Draego-man

I will go with the Mighty Spectre just because so many people hate him
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Has to be Draego-Man and Two-Bad.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

HD figures on youtube
    Faceless One.

- - - Updated - - -

Faceless One.

Buzz-Off. Barely noticed him as a kid. I didn't have him and neither did my friends. Now he's one of my favs.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Purely Vintage: Clamp Champ. Never had 'em as a kid and I've never even held an original one or seen one in person, but I always thought he was cool.

New to MotUC: Sir Laser-Lot. No nostaliga, obviously, but I still call that instant nostalgia from the moment I had 'em in hand. Just feels like I should have had that figure for years and would have used him constantly.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Vintage Line: Perfuma. I picked her up from ebay a couple of years ago. Never had her as a kid, and didn't remember her from the cartoon. I think she looks really cool on the shelf.

MOTUC: Battleground Teela. I didn't know anything about her before she was released. I love her.

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Purely Vintage: Clamp Champ. Never had 'em as a kid and I've never even held an original one or seen one in person, but I always thought he was cool.

New to MotUC: Sir Laser-Lot. No nostaliga, obviously, but I still call that instant nostalgia from the moment I had 'em in hand. Just feels like I should have had that figure for years and would have used him constantly.
    Clamp Champ. He didn't even cross my mind. I'd say he's a very close 2nd to Rio Blast for me.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

Faker

When I was a kid, I remember Faker from Filmation where he looked just like He-Man. My brother and I both got He-Man and I remember pretending the extra He-Man was Faker. When I learned about the toy version of Faker I had no interest. I was so hooked on the Filmation canon that I wouldn't accept a blue skinned, red haired He-Man as Faker.

As an adult collector, I finally got a Faker figure in my collection. He instantly became one of my favorite figures. It dawned on me that Faker was kind of like Mattel bootlegging their own figure and I just love that. Now I can't accept the notion of Faker as an identical clone of He-Man.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Man At Arms - because he was one of the 1st MOTU figures I had as a kid, Tri-klops was my 2nd favorite.
    Vikor - because of the resemblance to Conan The Barbarian.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    No nostalgia connection but I love: He-Ro, Vikor, Demo-Man, Megator, BA Teela, Kronis, Chief Carnivus, Fearless Photog, Cy-Chop, Drago-Man, Shadow Beast, Count Marzo.

I love them a lot & if I had them back them I would have been over whelmed by awesome.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'm going to say Scare-glow or Clamp Champ. I never had either or knew they existed until later. I have SG now but no CC. One day though. Yes, one day...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Vintage Dragstor and Leech.

Classics Snake Face and Mantenna look so incredible. I'm looking forward to these guys neither of which I owned in vintage.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Easy answer = Draego-Man.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Slush-Head, Optikk, Flogg. I didn't even know NA existed when I was younger, now, I'm loving these characters. Bring on Flogg in Classics! And someone sell me an Optikk- ha!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!