Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattycollector Video With Toyguru: Snake Face and Watchmen Packaging

Mattycollector Video With Toyguru: Snake Face and Watchmen Packaging

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Good video.....knew something would have to come after the recent delay . I'm very much looking forward to Snake Face! Strobo looked great too!

Heroic Warrior
    Due to the usual low quality of the video, I was not able to see a thing properly... sorry.

Very blurry video. Can hardly see anything.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

As with Snakes Faces prototype, his armor looks very wide at the sides and it seems he can bring down his arms...

..but maybe itīs just me and iīm imagine things...?

Loving Snake Face. He's so awesome!!!!

That Watchmen packaging is really cool. Maybe I'll venture into MOC? Hmm.

Is it just me, or does poor TG drop something in every video?

Thanks for posting.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I think it's nerves... LOL.
    I am jealous that Watchmen has superior packaging to MOTUC
    He always teases... I wanted a sneak peak at Strobo, too! Looks cool with that chest mirror
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

snake-face looks amazing! ... im loving the transformation capability on this figure ...

kudos to scott too - despite all the crap he has gotten over the past few years, his enthusiasm never falters ... he's a good guy
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I love how TG tosses Doctor Manhattan aside. That Watchmen package is kinda cool... (must resist urge to make joke about Doctor Manhattan's package.)
    I wish I would have been able to see Snakeface's feature a bit better.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

This explains why the Watchmen figures cost $25

Heroic Warrior
    Strobo & Snake Face = pure win....

So I imagine Rio Blast will be somewhat similar... perhaps you won't necessarily fold the chest gun out of his chest, but merely snap it into place? It's kind of weird to me though... having these snap-on snakes when you pull the other parts out and all... isn't coming up with how that works pretty much equal to just doing it the way they did it with the classic toy? I guess I don't see how one way is cheaper than the other...
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Love the watchmen packaging. I think I'll use the spines of it as a backdrop for the figures. Happy I got on the sub for that one.

Excited about Snake Face! Definitely can't wait to see how his armor turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    So I imagine Rio Blast will be somewhat similar... perhaps you won't necessarily fold the chest gun out of his chest, but merely snap it into place? It's kind of weird to me though... having these snap-on snakes when you pull the other parts out and all... isn't coming up with how that works pretty much equal to just doing it the way they did it with the classic toy? I guess I don't see how one way is cheaper than the other...
    With Rio and Snake Face, if you did it like the classic toy, you'd have to mold a whole new MOTU buck. With these, it just looks like you're snapping pieces into the armor. So you're just doing new armor, not a new body.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Very blurry video. Can hardly see anything.
    I agree, it was VERY hard to see this videos details on the figures.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Not in the best mood today so forgive me... I really wish Scott would get a "Faceman" to do these videos... or practice once or twice before hand or SOMETHING.
    I am really tired of him dorking them up
    Last edited by He-Dude; January 9, 2013 at 05:59pm.

Very cool! Thank you Tallstar for posting…I'm really looking forward to Snake Face! He's my favorite Snakeman.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

That Watchmen packaging is really nice. Matty really does a superb job on packaging their items. I like the tray that holds the figure- seems like it would keep the figure safer.

From what I could see, Snake Face looks pretty nice. It was really, really hard to see anything, though. My wife's smartphone takes clear, nicer videos than these that Mattel uses. Surely someone has a smart phone to use and can manage a close up or two!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Scott needs to learn to zoom in with his camera. I couldn't see what Snake Face looked like at all. It really is pointless of him doing these videos when everything is so blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think the snakes are attached to an armour piece that goes over the standard male torso. It's cheaper than creating a new hollow torso for the snakes to fold into, which they'd have to do to remove the abdomen articulation.

You mean to tell me no one at Mattel has an HD camera to record these videos with? Doesn't the iphone record in HD?

Heroic Warrior
    now I am totally ******. My original plan was to order both Rorschach and Ram Man this month with combined shipping. Since Ram Man is delayed, I thought scrw it, I will skip this month and get Ram Man and Jitsu. But now after seeing this video, I need Rorschach, so I now have to spend on shipping twice!!!

Really? Watchmen get a package where you can put them back inside? And a full color mailer, which I could live without for MOTUC obviously, but a resealable package for a small ass line like this....

I wish MOTUC had a version of this using the existing packaging, and it could have been done, for nothing more than a card that slides out once you cut the tape....yet Watchmen get this overly elaborate package....

It's well more than a more collected brand than MOTUC gets....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Really? Watchmen get a package where you can put them back inside? And a full color mailer, which I could live without for MOTUC obviously, but a resealable package for a small ass line like this....

I wish MOTUC had a version of this using the existing packaging, and it could have been done, for nothing more than a card that slides out once you cut the tape....yet Watchmen get this overly elaborate package....

It's well more than a more collected brand than MOTUC gets....
    I think the Watchmen line is being handled very poorly. They are expensive figures but share parts from an existing line yet get nice packaging. At the price they are asking for them they should be unique sculpts IMO.

Snake Face looks excellent and I hope hope is snake head is durable.

Holy crap that Watchmen packaging is incredible!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Snake Face looks awesome. I can't wait to get him. I also wish that TG would have talked a bit about Strobo.