Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mattycollector Video With Toyguru: Snake Face and Watchmen Packaging

Can't wait for Snake Face or Strobo, but the video...I expected to see those two boxy guys and the dog from the "Money for nothing" (I want my MTV video) by Dire Straits to show up any minute

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He gets both.
    Cheers,
    I couldnt really see the video at work. I only heard TG say at the end that he comes with the staff.
    I just rewatched the video and see that SF is wearing the shield.

You would expect TG to have a better camera now that he is a dad.
    Kudos for posting a video though

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    So am I the only one that noticed that the snakes coming out of his chest still are red?
    They're supposed to be green...

http://www.khror.net/khror_web/image...1348748134.jpg
    I noticed as well. I even posted on AskMatty as I remembered reading a few months back, Scott had said the only change he knew of was that the body snakes color being changed from red to green.

He replied it was a 4H design choice and that he would ask about it next time he speaks to them.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Heroic Warrior
    Does the Weapons Pak Clawful mace match the shield?

I prefer the window box packaging we are getting opposed to the Watchman packaging.I do think the back of the cards need work.. :cough: more artwork..Excited for Snakeface and will the final product of Strobo be revealed next month?
    Last edited by King Criss79; January 10, 2013 at 05:28pm.

Blurry videos are better than no videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    You mean to tell me no one at Mattel has an HD camera to record these videos with? Doesn't the iphone record in HD?
    You can't tell me that no one in his office has a smart phone or an ipad with an HD camera. This is getting to be ridiculous. By being a brand manager, he should step into the 2010's. Amateur video is almost all shot in HD now, because almost every device has it.

As far as if the resolution bump would be competition for Pixel Dan, that is a joke. He is a talented professional videographer. He has custom lighting, editing, his own camera operator (wife), music and voice overs. By making these videos HD he would just be saving us all from squinting at this point, not taking Dan's job.

I agree with the Watchmen packaging being awesome! I love it...you can take it out with out ruining the packaging! PERFECT!

Snake Face is cool too
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    It doesn't matter if they are red or green. Red looks better anyway.
    I like the red snakes better. Never liked that he had multiple colored snakes.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    They were red on the Neca Staction
    Nope, the snakes inside the stactions' chest were unpainted. I have mine displayed with them folded out. The red markings on the outside are just part of his armour. Besides, Classics Snake Face is an update of the vintage figure, with virtually no influence taken from the 200x redesign at all. Plus, we were told by Mattel that they would be green.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I like the red snakes better. Never liked that he had multiple colored snakes.
    Im fine with red as well and I am sure its b/c those are in the same mold as the snakes that are glued into his 2nd head
    the ignore list is my new best friend

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    To tell the true, I would pay that IF there was some extras like that package, a print of some vintage box art or posters and a mini-comic with a good story and good art and not that crap they released oh, and of course quality control!
    I throw out my boxes unless they are imports, so they could just come in a blank mailer and I would be happy.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Can't they afford a better camera at Mattel? Or is that honestly just someone’s camera phone? Even if you click on the "HD" options, the picture quality is still atrocious.

Psyched for this figure! And I love it when he does the videos!

Everyone assumes it's a bad camera, but it could just be when they convert it to go on YouTube they choose a low setting. An HD video uploaded to YouTube can take an hour or more to upload even on a good connection. If Mattel is anything like my work place, IT might not even let them upload high quality files.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I throw out my boxes unless they are imports, so they could just come in a blank mailer and I would be happy.
    Well, all MOTUCS are imports to me!
    But I got your point, what I'm really trying to say here,is that if this is called a collectors line it should be treated as it, from packaging to costumer service.If the package is "collector friendly" with some great art, most of us would keep it.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    Well, all MOTUCS are imports to me!
    But I got your point, what I'm really trying to say here,is that if this is called a collectors line it should be treated as it, from packaging to costumer service.If the package is "collector friendly" with some great art, most of us would keep it.
    Sorry, by imports I mean Japanese collector's items. Those are the only things I will save the boxes to anymore, but I will admit, it is getting hard to do so since I now have like 50 of them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Everyone assumes it's a bad camera, but it could just be when they convert it to go on YouTube they choose a low setting. An HD video uploaded to YouTube can take an hour or more to upload even on a good connection. If Mattel is anything like my work place, IT might not even let them upload high quality files.

It is uploaded in high quality. The Matty logo at the beginning is in HD, then the video Scott takes is in low res. Mattel's IT might wan to consider getting a "good" connection to compete with ANY other real corporation. When overly attached girlfriend can make HD videos, I think Matty can handle it.

It's not a real big deal, but it is a glaring issue that could easily be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Sorry, by imports I mean Japanese collector's items. Those are the only things I will save the boxes to anymore, but I will admit, it is getting hard to do so since I now have like 50 of them.
    I understand, you can't beat the japanese in making awesome packages!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

I want a Mrs. Snakeface now...make it happen 4H!

Man, that Watchmen packaging looks really awesome.

I'm not too fussed over video quality, and I get that these are for fun / quick information.
    Still, some of the details were lost there and a little better lighting/camera work might go a long way.

But the video definitely served it's purpose for me... I'm excited to see more.
    Bill :: guitargod694