Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mattycollector Video With Toyguru: Snake Face and Watchmen Packaging

Heroic Warrior
    The videos was not the best, but seeing Snake Face & Strobo felt good... Hope, both have no flaws...

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    You mean to tell me no one at Mattel has an HD camera to record these videos with? Doesn't the iphone record in HD?
    Poor Scott still uses his "ever reliable" 1995 HQ (back then) video recording phone ! So, don't hate him for that !! And, don't blame his time travelling ability either !!

As for the video, ...................... !!

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Can we buy a new camera for Matty? They don't have the money...
    Maybe Scott/Mattel should do a Pre-Order on us for buying a HD cam !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Can we buy a new camera for Matty? They don't have the money...
    That would be freakin' hilarious! If each of the 200 .org posters donated a $1 each, we could collect enough to buy a better camera than TG uses and send it to him. LOL. I know nobody wants to give these guys any more of our money, but it might just be worth the laugh.

Seriously. Who shot this? Ed Wood?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The Strobo mirror looks awwwwwwesome.
    I hope so, I couldn't even see it! lol

Strobo is one I've been looking forward to for a while. I was very shocked/pleased when he was announced!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    This video might as well have been a mp3.......

I know they think for some stupid as hell reason, you need a budget for nice videos..... especially with the snarky comments like "would you like us to cut stuff for better videos?" but anyone with a cel phone can zoom in and make nicer videos. This stuff is laughable. No offence to Scott, but come on bro.... if this is what your gunna post a 3rd grader on youtube can do a better job man. Id hold the camera for you guys for free lol.

And the watchmen package is A+. Really makes the MOTUC stuff look like garbage considering half the time you cant even see the guys heads in the box because of the bad design.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    So am I the only one that noticed that the snakes coming out of his chest still are red?
    They're supposed to be green...

Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    As with Snakes Faces prototype, his armor looks very wide at the sides and it seems he can bring down his arms...

..but maybe itīs just me and iīm imagine things...?
    Nope, you're right. It looks ridiculous. Yet another flawed figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    So am I the only one that noticed that the snakes coming out of his chest still are red?

http://www.khror.net/khror_web/image...1348748134.jpg
    And flawed in two ways.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

I wish I could say yes, but I cannot because I couldn't tell what anything was on Snake Face.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Terrible video, but can't wait for Snakeface!

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    When TG videos are low quality is only for one reason: To hide something. That's was the Sorceress TG Review Lesson! And then bitter surprise: THE DRUMS on the wings which weren't noticeable from the video. I wonder which issue we are going to face with Sanke Face this time, something beyond the colors of the chest snakes for sure.....

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Made a comparison...

Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    He's Snake Face... not Snake Face and Abs. I won't be using those. I will find some other use for them.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Thanks TG for the video - aren't these supposed to be a "sneak peak" rather than a full blown review.

I'm fine with this type of video.

The Watchmen figures look great - love the packaging - in two minds whether to get these or not.

Snake Face looks awesome! I hope the red snakes in his chest are changed to green though.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Oh, no, I agree it seems especially terrible this time. It's like the kind of camera everyone seems to have when recording Big Foot or UFOs.

Seriously, it doesn't bother me, personally, though. I know we're going to get a nice view from Dan eventually, so I kind of just got to the point where I enjoy these for what they are. They are almost like teaser videos more than anything.
    You dont belive in UFOS untill youve seen one and ive seem many times thro out my life theres no way you could tell me they dont exsist its like faith you know truth in you heart, everyone who tells me they never saw a ufo, I feel realy bad for them I $!^* on the brains of anyone who wants to challage me on this on because.my alien half will mind blast you. right thro this computer!!! but no seiriosly don't belive we are alone.in the unverse.

WOW the Watchmen package does look amazing!

Snake Face looks good but I hope its just a early sample and the chest snakes are in fact green on the production version.

Is that a carded Snake Face and Strobo in the background I can't quite make them out? If so lets get them bios posted please

Thanks for the video TG, better quality would be nice but its not a big deal IMO.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I just noticed it! Maybe because it was a prototype...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

It doesn't matter if they are red or green. Red looks better anyway.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    It doesn't matter if they are red or green. Red looks better anyway.
    They were green on the Four Horsemen's prototype and the vintage figure. So getting the colour right does matter. And I think green look better.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    They were green on the Four Horsemen's prototype and the vintage figure. So getting the colour right does matter. And I think green look better.
    They were red on the Neca Staction and I think red looks better.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I'm just happy that I saw a little bit of shininess on Strobo's chest! While I hope it's got some sort of holographic image in there, it looks way better just not being flat like last I saw it. I already knew snake face looked awesome. I won't be showing him with his snakes all popping out, but it's nice to know a little bit about how it works. I can't tell if they're red or not, but I'm okay with the chest snakes matching the face snakes. Come to think of it though, it might have been cool if King Hiss's snakes were different colors. Or it might have sucked. Idunno.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't get what the point was of showing us, it was way too blurry to tell what he was showing.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, if you want to pay $40 for your MOTUC figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I can imagine it...but I can also imagine a $40 minimum price tag.

EDIT: Dr. Kain beat me to it.
    To tell the true, I would pay that IF there was some extras like that package, a print of some vintage box art or posters and a mini-comic with a good story and good art and not that crap they released oh, and of course quality control!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Nope, you're right. It looks ridiculous. Yet another flawed figure.
    Every figure is flawed they put out, sometimes we have to really search hard to find the flaws
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Does he still get his shield or just the staff now?
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; January 10, 2013 at 02:27pm.

He gets both.