Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subscribers That Purchase Extras On Sale Days

My son (3 yo.. almost 4) already plays with my figures. Only a few at a time though. Really looking forward to both he and his little brother brother (almost 1) having fun with the whole set when they're a bit older.

By the time Castle Grayskull is here, my eldest will be almost 5 and youngest will be almost 2... I think it will be a massive play session!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Only way I'll be buying extras is if it's a new character I want doubles of.
    No way in hell I'm buying older figures at the new $27 price tag.

...makes this early access thing extremely useless for someone like me.

I was going to pick up a few extra Rammys and a Rorschach, but since Rammy has been delayed, I don't know if Rorschach is worth nearly $40 on his own.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    [QUOTE=Dynamo of Eternia;3185821
    The issue of the early access comes into play as well. I actually find it more of an inconvenience than a convenience since if there is a non-sub item that qualifies for early access, AND also a sub item that I want to get an extra of (which will not be available on early access), it will mean paying 3 separate shipping charges in the same month (and we WERE originally told that the early access items would combine with the sub, which now is not the case), or waiting to order the early access item until the sub items go up for sale and risk possibly missing out if something sells out. (I REALLY wish they either hadn't bothered with this early access non-sense, or made ALL items available for early access). [/QUOTE]

This right here. Makes no sense. It's almost like a punishment to be a subscriber now. I really hope Matty considers this and creates a way for us to combine all items, or make ALL items available for early access.

With the price increase and seperate shipping, if there is an figure I want an extra of I most likely will pick it up via BBTS and have it in my PoL until June or December. Honsetly I was charged today $36.50 for my sub Netossa and add $2 to that for DoS, she would run $38.50. BBTS is selling her for $1.50 more and with the PoL, the shipping would be minimal.

Heroic Warrior
    I have 2 subs. The only ones I'd want more than 2 of are Ninjor and Horde Troopers.

I was originally thinking I would try to grab a few extras, but the fact that they STILL don't seem able to combine shipping with subscriptions means that I will more likely than not be buying NO additional figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I bought a few extras in 2012 for customs or just to open when I still had a primarily MOSC collection....but I open almost everything now, and keep the packaging so, I can get both as I wish. So no more extras for me in 2013....I likely won't see a DOS again until 2014 if even then.

$27 is well too much for these things from Matty, I expected a mark-up from BBTS for those I would have missed or had to play catch-up with in early 2012, late 2011, but now that I am caught up aside from Griffin....I have no need to pay that much for retail, that is why I got the sub to be at my even high end $25 cap, but unlike 2012, 2013 so far has only a few to offer me, so I look to be selling off the unwanted ones to fund Castle Grayskull. So far all I plan to keep are, Ram-Man, Netossa (maybe, still undecided), Fang Man (I love the Filmation accessories) Foe Men (maybe I'll decide upon review time), King He-Man (only because he's the exclusive), & Snake Face, the rest can go bye bye. And no I didn't forget Jitsu, I really don't care for him at all. And trying to pay for Castle Grayskull is another reason I won't be buying hardly anything from DOS or non sub.
    Yeah, I wonder if they take that into account when deciding on price hikes. How it loses a lot of "extra/impulse" sales. I used to routinely add at least one, and often several, extras in my day of sales - ow its just one of the things I have to get, and that's it.

I had my first realization about the price cuts was yesterday. My sub failed - I had used a credit card that I paid off and stopped using, so it declined. I had been waiting for the sub page to fix it - of course, it doesn't launch until too late.

Long story short, I was fixing my sub up with the link they gave me (and I have to say, the new system does work) - I updated the card, the sub was reinstated, and then it was available on the sub screen - it was easy.

What took me by surprise was the price of Neotessa. Because it was basically signing up for a new sub (like last time with Star Sisters), I got to choose shipping again. For a long time I have almost always used UPS - I just can't stand waiting for the terrible standard shipping. But for UPS, just one figure was going to be $40. I just...couldn't go there. So very reluctantly (I actually took a few minutes to think about it), I went to standard shipping. It still cost $35, but that was a tiny bit easier to swallow than $40.

Normally, as a PoP figure, I would have gotten at least 3 Neotessa's - my one sub one, and at least two extras. But this month? Just the one sub. I just cannot justify on sale day spending $65ish bucks with the sale day surcharge for two more, and just one more would be $37. Just not worth it. I would have spent $70 for 3, but when procuring 3 would run me over a hundred bucks for three figures is just way out of my budget.

Like many, they are losing me to higher-end collectables. If I am going to pay these kinds of prices, I'd rather get less things at higher quality than keep endlessly collecting MOTUC. I like having multiples for different display options and I seal up a MOC copy of my favorites. I have six Man-E-Faces, seven Teelas, half-dozen She-ra variations. But from now on, I just don't see that happening. Even the figures that didn't really ring my bell, if it had two heads I always got 2. Not really now.

I will get the items from my one sub, and one of whatever non-sub items, but no more extras as a rule. I mean, if they did a Filmation Teela I'd have to buy a few, or Mermista if she had alternate looks, but they would have to be really special, whereas before I used to buy extras of most anything for one reason or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post

It will be nice for Comic Con exclusives, though. Going to save a lot of stress - though with the ordering quantities high, I wouldn't be surprised if the Monster High Sarah Screams of the world will sell out before the public sales, making it pretty valuable even if you don't want reissues. And hopefully there will be some non-sub figs this year as well.

I have two subs so I'm covered, no extras...tho I may pick up some early access left over stock I missed in 2012.

I only ever get extras if its an army builder type. If we do get Horde Troopers, I'll happily pick up two more sets of 2. Same for Hover Robots! Most any other troops I'd settle with two total sets.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post

Agreed. I bought two subs because if there is anything I don't want doubles of, I can sell it, rather than order a bunch of things as extras and pay double the shipping...

and if I need an older figure, I will go to ebay the higher prices on older stock is not right.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.