Thread: Question for other tech-heads

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar

Question for other tech-heads

I got my wife and I a new blu-ray player for Christmas. It is Internet-enabled, but it only has an ethernet port and not wifi capability. It will be difficult though not impossible for me to string a CAT5 cable back to my router, and I know how to do it, but I was hoping someone knew of a way to put a wifi reciever on something like that.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return."
    - The Book of Eli

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to somehow plug in a wi-fi receiver on a stand alone blu-ray player unless the manafacturer themselves sale an add-on component.

The only other way I could think to get it set up is using EOP (ethernet over power), but this option would be more expensive than just buying a $70-$100 dollar blu-ray player that has wi-fi built in.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I was afraid of that, but thanks anyway.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return."
    - The Book of Eli