Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New price of MOTUC $27!!!! Is this the death of the line?

Heroic Warrior

New price of MOTUC $27!!!! Is this the death of the line?

Just saw the new prices on Matty. I was shocked! I mean $27 for a figure plus the $8 they charge to ship. I think I am done with this line now.

Where were you in July? We have known this for a long time.

Heroic Warrior
    If only there was nothing but this price hike ! But add the QC issues, the delays, the bad quality videos Toyguru makes, the defective $80 Granamyr figures, the black plastic issue, the my subscription page which never comes etc. and THEN you'll understand how bad the situation really is !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    If only there was nothing but this price hike ! But add the QC issues, the delays, the bad quality videos Toyguru makes, the defective $80 Granamyr figures, the black plastic issue, the my subscription page which never comes etc. and THEN you'll understand how bad the situation really is !
    Wow, I just casually buy these. I had no idea that there are so many issues with the line!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, I just casually buy these. I had no idea that there are so many issues with the line!!!!
    So I guess you're lucky, because you don't have a subscription and buy from a reseller/toystore. I do the same, and man am I happy not to have to deal with the Matty and digital River disservices !

So I guess you're lucky, because you don't have a subscription and buy from a reseller/toystore. I do the same, and man am I happy not to have to deal with the Matty and digital River disservices !
    Just to counter Prahvus' general negativity (you'll notice this if you read many of the threads on the org) and to not put you off the line as a casual buyer - I've subscribed for 3 years now and never had a problem with delivery, changing my credit cards/ addresses, QC on any figures apart from the widespread ones - which to be fair are relatively minor (reversed shoulders/forearms).

Yes - there have been a few problems with delays but a month or so isn't significant in the grand scheme of things.

Take comments on here with a pinch of salt as some people tend to blow things out of proportion - things aren't as bad as people make out - not from my perspective anyway.

I carry on collecting because I enjoy it - I question why some peole continue to do so if it winds them up so much yet still feel the need to put other fans off.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think it is really appropriate or fair to characterize Prahvus' statements as "general negativity". He's actually just stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    I don't think it is really appropriate or fair to characterize Prahvus' statements as "general negativity". He's actually just stating the facts.
    There's a difference between stating facts and stating opinion as fact. I merely wanted to point out that not everybody has had the same negative experiences and things aren't as bad as one person constantly states.

All this realy is is a takeing advantage of the large customor fan base us. on these forums.there is a demand for these figures we do want them the problem is supply is'int there the supply is smaller the demand is high and thus so is the vallue.

Us as vallueable customors who keep mattell in bizzness have created this high demand.but in this bad economy.lay off scares worrying about keeping jobs talk of ressesions.its truely amazeing these things are selling so well.I justbought a huge MOTUC lot off ebay myself.

Mainly just because I want bragging rights that I have manny of these.and the joy I get knowing im a part of this great comunenitty and collecting MOTUC makes me feel even more conected and part of something I was allways desstined to love.I do hope that this line continues for as long as possible.

Just thought of something if and when God forbid MOTUC ends these thing will gofor even more money.
    Last edited by braxsis364; January 10, 2013 at 11:26am.

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    I agree with Adpriceless
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

dude - where've you been?!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

1) black plastic-gate is over now - sooo Q3 2012!
    2) delays are gonna happen - its a pain but at least we will get them
    3) the videos, really, are gravy. They don't affect the products, they just provide insight into new figures and therefore are relative, really.
    4) Granamyr's QC issues may not be that widespread. Hopefully they will have plenty of stock to exchange

DR customer service is a nightmare. Hopefully the My Sub page will be on later today, and ra unfair to speculate whether how effective it's going to be until we have actually used it.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

I think Mattel should make subscribing a little sweeter by giving sub holders a greater discount. This would encourage more people to actually carry a subscription. Like a $30 flat rate for Figure and Shipping, but the sub fees are non-refundable and orders cannot be canceled after 72 hours.

I'm sure that if the line survives, Scott and the gang will come up with some tighter controls.

Heroic Warrior
    lmao, didn't know we were being forced to pay n watch these videos? when did this happen?

Heroic Warrior
    1. There have been QC issues with certain figures — Roboto and King Hiss come to mind. But to be fair, how widespread have they been? They don't happen with every figure or even most every figure.
    2. Delays — Inevitable. Mattel only has so much control over this. How many times are waves of retail figures late or cancelled entirely
    3. Toyguru's videos — I seriously don't understand what in the world you have to complain about here. People complain when Scott doesn't answer questions and then, when a lot of people want to know how some features work, you complain because Scott does a video on it that does not have Hollywood production quality. No one is forcing you to watch the videos, and they don't add to the price of the figure.
    4. Granamyr — We don't know how widespread the problem is. My Granamyr is just fine, no looseness or breakage.
    5. Black Plastic — Legitimate concern, but it has stopped. This would be another widespread QC issue, but again, it did not affect more than what, 10 figures or so out of more than 100. I don't like it either, but it has been fixed.
    6. Sub page — Legitimate concern. They really need to not give us a time frame on this anymore, especially since it keeps changing.

But you forgot the most important and entirely legitimate concern — DR. Customer service seems to have improved a bit, but it needs to get a lot better if this line has any hope of continuing past 2013, let alone into 2015.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

With regards to the videos, the images might be blurry and sometimes attaching parts doesn't work, but personally I would rather have a video than no videos at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Otatum View Post
    Just saw the new prices on Matty. I was shocked! I mean $27 for a figure plus the $8 they charge to ship. I think I am done with this line now.
    This is why I am doing some extreme cherry picking in 2013. Ram Man, Jitsu, Champ Clamp, Snake Face, NA He-Man, and Strobo are the only figures out of everything revealed so far that I plan on picking up. And that’s if the early review samples don’t expose any potential quality control issues.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I'm also not sure what the videos have to do with anything. I would still buy a figure of any toyline I liked regardless if anyone made a video I didn't like or thought was poor quality on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    3. Toyguru's videos — I seriously don't understand what in the world you have to complain about here. People complain when Scott doesn't answer questions and then, when a lot of people want to know how some features work, you complain because Scott does a video on it that does not have Hollywood production quality. No one is forcing you to watch the videos, and they don't add to the price of the figure..
    I agree with this! If Scott did super high quality videos people would complain that its using too many MOTU resources or that his time should be better spent doing something else. The guy can't win no matter what he does.

Personally I've had little to no problems with anything mentioned so far. I think this line is great and look forward to when new figures show up!
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I dont think so, I buy Transformers too and even basic deluxe figures run like $15-20 (dont get me started on Masterpiece figures or Third Party figures . Even a basic Gi Joe 3-3/4 figure runs like $10 now --so you figure a Motuc figure has at least 3X that amount of plastic--$27 doesnt seem unrealistic .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    I agree with this! If Scott did super high quality videos people would complain that its using too many MOTU resources or that his time should be better spent doing something else. The guy can't win no matter what he does.
    !
    Yeah, you're probably right--I wonder if TG hadnt been involved with this line from the start would it have made it sometimes ( I think he does push for stuff fans want too)--always try to keep that in perspective if I get annoyed by a Q+A ,etc....

No. Most other lines that have figures below $10 are junk. Bad paint and no articulation. McFarlane wants $14 for statue toys. There may be an error or two from time to time, but these are still great value figures at $25 or $27.

Heroic Warrior
    In the Matrix, waiting for the machines to release a MOTUC Strongarm to my limbic system
    [QUOTE=He-Kal;3185913]I dont think so, I buy Transformers too and even basic deluxe figures run like $15-20 (dont get me started on Masterpiece figures or Third Party figures . Even a basic Gi Joe 3-3/4 figure runs like $10 now --so you figure a Motuc figure has at least 3X that amount of plastic--$27 doesnt seem unrealistic .

This. Honestly, these are figures are for adult collectors, for christ sakes wimpy 4inch figures costs 10 bucks on average. If the few extra dollars breaks your budget than you probably should bail on the line, and maybe the hobby. Sorry, but people who continue to *itch about prices really grinds my gears. I am still irked over all the whining on CG...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I dont think so, I buy Transformers too and even basic deluxe figures run like $15-20 (dont get me started on Masterpiece figures or Third Party figures
    I feel your pain here. $16 is a bit much for me on a basic Transformer anymore and third party stuff, while cool, is out of my price range mostly due to how many there seem to be now. $50 on one figure is ok for me... once... $100 on a basic sized one is a little out of my range.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    And I thought $25 was pushing it. It all in sub for me. Can't afford to be a cherry picker in this line.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

It occurs to me, if I had a nickel for everytime somoene said "death of the line!" my subscription would be completely paid for.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by SSj3 Derek View Post
    It occurs to me, if I had a nickel for everytime somoene said "death of the line!" my subscription would be completely paid for.
    So true...
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.