Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New price of MOTUC $27!!!! Is this the death of the line?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    The cost of the figures doesn't bother me at all. They are worth that price to me. But I agree the shipping is far too slow and awful for it to be costin as much as it does. It's almost as bad as what some people charge on ebay, but at least that's straight through USPS and it doesn't have to "Transfer to USPS" for a few days while it's in your hometown area.

That's all the Digital River distribution process though. Matty has been great to me. I can't say a single bad thing about my experiences with them. The overpriced, extremely show shipping is my only complaint.

I'd love it if they went with Amazon. When I order **** from Amazon, I'll get it in a week business days or less. Digital River and "transfering to USPS" takes 3 weeks sometimes.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    The cost of the figures doesn't bother me at all. They are worth that price to me. But I agree the shipping is far too slow and awful for it to be costin as much as it does. It's almost as bad as what some people charge on ebay, but at least that's straight through USPS and it doesn't have to "Transfer to USPS" for a few days while it's in your hometown area.

That's all the Digital River distribution process though. Matty has been great to me. I can't say a single bad thing about my experiences with them. The overpriced, extremely show shipping is my only complaint.

I'd love it if they went with Amazon. When I order **** from Amazon, I'll get it in a week business days or less. Digital River and "transfering to USPS" takes 3 weeks sometimes.
    Truth be told, shipping on eBay in general isn't bad these days - eBay has made it attractive for sellers to offer low or even free shipping (though of course they often add it in the item price).

I shop for a lot of different collectables/toys, etc. on eBay, and the only items that consistently have high shipping is MOTUC - presumably, they are passing on the very high DR shipping on.

It was $35 to get Neotessa for me - because I begrudgingly went back to standard shipping. With USPS it would have been $40. It's incredible. $15 to ship one figure standard UPS. if I bought an extra at day of sale prices like I would like to, it would be $37 to $42 to get one freaking figure. That's just crazy.

Heroic Warrior
    "Deth of teh lien" - not yet, but this is definitely the beginning of the end. If we still have monthly figures in '15, I'll be ecstatically surprised.

Because of the economical situation I'm going to end up paying ridiculous amounts for these figures. The prize increase is only a part of that. From this year on I'm most likely going to pay custom-taxes aswell for most of the figures I get. But, this is toyline is worth it to me.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Anyone who is interested, check out this poll. It's an idea on how to save a few bucks on the shipping for these figures, which would help ease the cost increase...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rease-for-2013

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Yes this is the death of the line. If they raise the prices even $1 more than current levels I will stop collecting. So while the line may continue, it won't for me as a collector.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Truth be told, shipping on eBay in general isn't bad these days - eBay has made it attractive for sellers to offer low or even free shipping (though of course they often add it in the item price).

I shop for a lot of different collectables/toys, etc. on eBay, and the only items that consistently have high shipping is MOTUC - presumably, they are passing on the very high DR shipping on.
    eBay hasn't made anything attactive to sellers! Their solution to get people to stop charging ridiculous shipping prices was to start charging eBay fees on the shipping amounts received as well. eBay basically now tries to force sellers to offer "Free Shipping" and build their shipping price into the item price, since you are going to get charged the same 9% anyways. Not to mention, the additional 3% they then take off the entire total for the mandatory Paypal processing. I honestly don't understand how eBay expects the small guy to be able to ship things for free. Shipping and shipping materials cost money. The small guy's margin is already extremely slim. Small business (through eBay) simply can't complete with Amazon, even after they start collecting sales tax in every state.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Yes this is the death of the line. If they raise the prices even $1 more than current levels I will stop collecting. So while the line may continue, it won't for me as a collector.
    I could deal with a $1 increase in the per figure price. What I can't deal with is the hidden and absolutely outrageous increase in the shipping prices (they're now charging $30.15 to ship one Griffin that shipped for around $15 last year, and $21.70 to ship two figures that shipped for $9.95 last year; that means they're doubling the shipping charges, and I'm talking about the supposedly "cheap" option that takes one month to get delivered and offers no guarantee whatsoever).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 14, 2013 at 12:14pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    eBay hasn't made anything attactive to sellers! Their solution to get people to stop charging ridiculous shipping prices was to start charging eBay fees on the shipping amounts received as well. eBay basically now tries to force sellers to offer "Free Shipping" and build their shipping price into the item price, since you are going to get charged the same 9% anyways. Not to mention, the additional 3% they then take off the entire total for the mandatory Paypal processing. I honestly don't understand how eBay expects the small guy to be able to ship things for free. Shipping and shipping materials cost money. The small guy's margin is already extremely slim. Small business (through eBay) simply can't complete with Amazon, even after they start collecting sales tax in every state.
    Amen brotha! I hardly sell anything thru eBay any more. Between the eBay fees and PayPal fees, it's impossible to make any money. Last year I sold a ton of stuff, and slowly came to the realization that I was breaking even for the most part (and in some cases, eating money!). I honestly do not understand how anybody can sell on eBay and make a buck any more. eBay is great if you're looking to unload a bunch of junk and just don't want to do a garage sale. However, as a retail outlet, forget it. Not to mention, they also file tax claims on you now, so you get a nice little form in the mail about this time of year, forcing you to claim anything you earned on your tax return.

With the new shipping prices....I say sooner or later it will cause the line to die....the line will not survive with the handful of hardcore must have everything collectors....2013 pretty much proved that, because they were the first to order....their numbers were not enough alone. Not everyone will be able to continue to pay outrageous shipping prices on top of already bloated figure prices....even if they are part of the sub, what will next year's shipping be, $12 for USPS in the US, screw that, if so....forget about a sub even at $25....the shipping price will put me way over the top of what I will realistically spend on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Amen brotha! I hardly sell anything thru eBay any more. Between the eBay fees and PayPal fees, it's impossible to make any money. Last year I sold a ton of stuff, and slowly came to the realization that I was breaking even for the most part (and in some cases, eating money!). I honestly do not understand how anybody can sell on eBay and make a buck any more. eBay is great if you're looking to unload a bunch of junk and just don't want to do a garage sale. However, as a retail outlet, forget it. Not to mention, they also file tax claims on you now, so you get a nice little form in the mail about this time of year, forcing you to claim anything you earned on your tax return.
    Ebay sucks, last year I sold $400 worth of Transformers as a lot, and had to pay like $100 in fees between Ebay & Paypal....ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I could deal with a $1 increase in the per figure price. What I can't deal with is the hidden and absolutely outrageous increase in the shipping prices (they're now charging $30.15 to ship one Griffin that shipped for around $15 last year, and $21.70 to ship two figures that shipped for $9.95 last year; that means they're doubling the shipping charges, and I'm talking about the supposedly "cheap" option that takes one month to get delivered and offers no guarantee whatsoever).
    Exactly, standard US USPS prices went up $1.20, UPS went up $2....so basically in the end all US subscribers are still basically paying $27 per figure....and wow, even worse for you guys....

DOS prices and shipping will basically cause the casual buyer to say **** off....the subs or lack of DOS stock won't have anything to do with it. BBTS may even ultimately end up being the cheaper route, even over Matty for anything but a sub....and that's not saying much.

I get prices are going up, but damn, the figures with shipping are seriously at their end with me for pricing....after my sub ends, no more....I really only need 4 more figures to be made, and with those, if they get made, I can walk away from the line.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I said attractive, not advantageous. By making the alternative a penalty, the other option certainly becomes more attractive. As I stated, it often is included in the item price in such case regardless.

For what it's worth I agree, unless you are selling big dollar items eBay isn't worth it for most small timers to sell on eBay, and that is by design. They don't want small timers, a lot of which has t do with rates of fraud, etc. I do sell on eBay, but if the item isn't going to sell for at least $50-100 I won't even bother. I also stopped shipping internationally because its far easier to just use flat rate priority mail and nothing else.

The days of a small guy making good money are pretty much over, though, as far as eBay is concerned.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    With the new shipping prices....I say sooner or later it will cause the line to die....the line will not survive with the handful of hardcore must have everything collectors....2013 pretty much proved that, because they were the first to order....their numbers were not enough alone. Not everyone will be able to continue to pay outrageous shipping prices on top of already bloated figure prices....even if they are part of the sub, what will next year's shipping be, $12 for USPS in the US, screw that, if so....forget about a sub even at $25....the shipping price will put me way over the top of what I will realistically spend on these things.

Ebay sucks, last year I sold $400 worth of Transformers as a lot, and had to pay like $100 in fees between Ebay & Paypal....ridiculous.

Exactly, standard US USPS prices went up $1.20, UPS went up $2....so basically in the end all US subscribers are still basically paying $27 per figure....and wow, even worse for you guys....

DOS prices and shipping will basically cause the casual buyer to say **** off....the subs or lack of DOS stock won't have anything to do with it. BBTS may even ultimately end up being the cheaper route, even over Matty for anything but a sub....and that's not saying much.

I get prices are going up, but damn, the figures with shipping are seriously at their end with me for pricing....after my sub ends, no more....I really only need 4 more figures to be made, and with those, if they get made, I can walk away from the line.
    someone suggest matty reschedule the sub releases to once every 3 months or every other month to save on shipping charges. Im all for this idea. Imagine getting, Netossa, Ram-man, Jitsu, King He-man and Fangman in one month and pay only once for shipping.

Heroic Warrior
    I'll tell you what... if we don't get an explanation from TG and they don't fix these inflated shipping charges I will be informing my credit card to NOT allow charges from DR anymore effectively cancelling my sub and my Castle Grayskull. Outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    someone suggest matty reschedule the sub releases to once every 3 months or every other month to save on shipping charges. Im all for this idea. Imagine getting, Netossa, Ram-man, Jitsu, King He-man and Fangman in one month and pay only once for shipping.
    This has actually been a suggestion before... and one that they tried with the mini 2009 sub.
    According to Mattel, very few people signed up for the end of year one time 2009 shipment. It also caused issues for DR (no surprise there).

Mattel won't want to do it that way though for pure marketing reasons. They need folks flocking to the website at least once a month or the website will lose it's "marketing steam."

- - - Updated - - -

I'll tell you what... if we don't get an explanation from TG and they don't fix these inflated shipping charges I will be informing my credit card to NOT allow charges from DR anymore effectively cancelling my sub and my Castle Grayskull. Outrageous.
    Go to www.findmyorder.com and see if the invoice there gives you any additional information.
    The invoice function doesn't "error out" on this generic DR back-door CS website.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

Horrible service has also contributed greatly to a loss of 'marketing steam'. To my friends, I tell them to only get involved in this line if they LOVE the property. If their love for He-Man isn't at a 10/10, then don't get a sub.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    This has actually been a suggestion before... and one that they tried with the mini 2009 sub.
    According to Mattel, very few people signed up for the end of year one time 2009 shipment. It also caused issues for DR (no surprise there).
    The difference there is that people were having their items held to ship out later.
    I think if Mattel simply adjusted the release schedule, itself, doubling up here and there on the "monthly" figures being released in exchange for having occasional months during which no new product comes out (at least nothing that is included in the subs), it would help save people a lot of money over the course of the year.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

They are greedy with new prices...bad move for all!!

TG has stated on the Matty forums (in a sticky, no less) that he won't address any questions about the shipping and to direct those inquiries to customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    TG has stated on the Matty forums (in a sticky, no less) that he won't address any questions about the shipping and to direct those inquiries to customer service.
    That my friend is known as a cop out. He knew months ago about the raping that was coming and he chose to not address it then to sell the sub. Now he won't because he can't justify or rationalize a good reason for the ridiculous costs. I could never work for or with someone like that. But hey we get one more year of He-Man toys so what the hey.

I am a huge MOTU fan and only want to support theproperty but I don't see the line going into next year because of all garbage and lies. All we got were half truths which in my book are LIES. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is not buying DOS because of the price hike in handling. That is Mattel's fault, not ours. IMO it's time for some serious changes.

Court Magician
    This might be a dumb question, but is Ram Man still gonna be 30 bucks, or will his price be increasing as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    The difference there is that people were having their items held to ship out later.
    I think if Mattel simply adjusted the release schedule, itself, doubling up here and there on the "monthly" figures being released in exchange for having occasional months during which no new product comes out (at least nothing that is included in the subs), it would help save people a lot of money over the course of the year.
    Why would they do that though? There are a lot more of us that like our figures to come every month...as was shown in the past. I can see if it was an option, but changing the whole release schedule for a few vocal people I just don't see happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeshadow View Post
    This might be a dumb question, but is Ram Man still gonna be 30 bucks, or will his price be increasing as well?
    Ram Man is $30 for subscribers and a higher price (prolly $33) for day of sale purchases.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Just made a simulation with the new shipping\figure charges and it now costs 40.75 US to ship a monthly figure to Portugal (and probably the rest of Europe). Ouch!

3 years ago it was 29.95 US so that's a 10.80 US price increase

Still worth it i say.

Ram Man is $30 for subscribers and a higher price (prolly $33) for day of sale purchases.
    DOS price for Ram Man is $33. You know what...I was thinking about the savings I'm making on shipping from subbing and having it shipped to a US friend, totally forgetting I'm also saving $9 between Jan-Mar on the figures too vs cherry picking since all the figures between Jan-Mar I would have bought from DOS! Pretty cool!
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

But we don't know how much they plan to charge us for shipping the oversized Ram Man. Unlike any reputable webstore out there, Matty has no official shipping rates table published on their site, so they may choose to charge whatever they like (just like they're now charging $30 to ship one $35 Griffin, and just like they charge double to ship a Battle Cat than to ship a Panthor). I think the legality of this abusive practice should be investigated (particularly, since subscribers are in the financial limbo of not knowing beforehand how much they have actually committed to pay Matty).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog