View Poll Results: What is you preferred size reduction option for Snake Mountain?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Minimal reduction (85-95%), I'd pay about $400

54 76.06%
  • Moderate reduction (80%), I'd pay about $350

11 15.49%
  • Significant reduction (65-75%), I'd pay about $300

6 8.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Snake Mountain Size Reduction Options

Poll: Snake Mountain Size Reduction Options

The Matty crew has stated that there will be some necessary size reduction of the Snake Mountain prototype, but I hope the reduction is kept to a minimum! (In my ideal fantasy world, the playset would stay the same size! hahaha)

I was EXHILARATED at the idea that Snake Mountain would be so huge that it dwarfed Castle Grayskull! I LOVED it, so I was (and still am) prepared to pay $400-500 for it, since it seemed almost 2.5X bigger! I can only imagine what an amazing impact this would have on display amidst our MOTUC collections and how much fun it would be at that size! At the same time, I understand there are valid concerns of practicality and final cost.
    Anyways, I figured we could put it to a vote and see what the majority of the fans say, since this new Matty crew has expressed how much they want to hear from us and take into consideration our feedback…

All the numbers and price points in the poll options are somewhat arbitrary, but I figured it would give Matty a general idea of where we all stand regarding the matter. Feel free to comment below too, to elaborate on your opinions or thinking, or suggest other solutions or aspects of the situation Matty may consider.
    Last edited by StrongLad; July 13, 2015 at 07:57pm.

Oh man, remember what happened when Grayskull got shrunk?

I love the size, but I don't have the space. I'm torn I do want it for sure but at that size and probably at the pricepoint it will be there is just no way.

I said I would never buy it if was anywhere over the price of Castle Grayskull but after seeing the prototype, I'd pay $400 or even more to get the one at SDCC.

IMO dump the Bluetooth stuff and keep the size as it is now.

My vote went for "Minimal reduction (85-95%), I'd pay about $400." I'd rather though keep it as large as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I said I would never buy it if was anywhere over the price of Castle Grayskull but after seeing the prototype, I'd pay $400 or even more to get the one at SDCC.

IMO dump the Bluetooth stuff and keep the size as it is now.

My vote went for "Minimal reduction (85-95%), I'd pay about $400." I'd rather though keep it as large as possible.
    LOL I'm in full agreement. I wish I could change the first option to "Minimal reduction (90-100%), I'd pay about $400" lol because I want it AS LARGE AS POSSIBLE lol
    As I suggested in my introductory post, I was prepared to pay around $500 to have it at the current prototype's size

I love the size!!!!! please dont shrink it MAKE IT BIGGER
    It's Friggin SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erndogg View Post
    I love the size!!!!! please dont shrink it MAKE IT BIGGER
    It's Friggin SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!
    I KNOW, RIGHT?!!!

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    I love the size. Don't have room for it, but love it nonetheless!!
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

How about, 0% reduction, $350 plus shipping
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

NO REDUCTION... The size is perfect as it is now...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Minimal size reduction please. Reducing the size of the final product by any significantly noticeable amount would immediately recall the specter of the Castle Grayskull bait-and-switch fiasco, which is the absolute last thing we need if we want this exciting Snake Mountain project to succeed.

Instead, just:

(1) take away the absolutely unnecessary, counterproductive, and doomed-to-become-an-obsolete-piece-of-useless-crap-sooner-than-you-blink, electronics. If any fan is interested in the electronics, they can simply use any separately available bluetooth speaker of their choice.

(2) release the Bone Throne & Table as a separate diorama piece set (just like the Weapons Rack).

Just by implementing these two minimally-impacting measures, the price tag should drop by some $50 to $100 (as the electronics should at the very least cost some $10-$20, and there's no way the large Bone Throne & Table could cost less than $30-$50).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Where's the option for no reduction?
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Keep it the original size. Take my money. I've already informed my partner that we're moving to a larger place because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferio View Post
    Keep it the original size. Take my money. I've already informed my partner that we're moving to a larger place because of this.
    Exactly. They've shown us filet mignon. Don't serve us chopped liver!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Matty, if you're listening: You may as well interpret the first option to mean "No reduction, I'll pay whatever" lol since that's what a lot of guys on here are expressing. I only excluded that as an option because the Matty crew stated that size reduction is a given

I would really really really love it, if they scrapped any and all electronics and kept it as is, and maybe scaled UP the snake mouth and have Lava come out of that too, and I'd pay 500 for it! Need need need the bone throne and table, preferably another room, ala Beastman's dungeon, Evil-lynns alcamey lab, or Tri-clops workshop.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

No size reduction, I'll pay $500, no electronics needed
    My MOTU most wanted: Skelcons, Major Header, Satma, Great Black Wizard, Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Catra Cat Form, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Lady Slither, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

Why is there not an option to keep it as is? Don't shrink it. It was perfect as shown.

Give payment options instead.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella, Snake Goddess & Hawke

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

I'm not going to vote in favor of any reduction.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Need need need the bone throne and table, preferably another room, ala Beastman's dungeon, Evil-lynns alcamey lab, or Tri-clops workshop.
    All of this can be released separately, while including it with the playset will only significantly and unnecessarily add to a price that is already going to be too high for many people.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Minimal size reduction please. Reducing the size of the final product by any significantly noticeable amount would immediately recall the specter of the Castle Grayskull bait-and-switch fiasco, which is the absolute last thing we need if we want this exciting Snake Mountain project to succeed.

Instead, just:

(1) take away the absolutely unnecessary, counterproductive, and doomed-to-become-an-obsolete-piece-of-useless-crap-sooner-than-you-blink, electronics. If any fan is interested in the electronics, they can simply use any separately available bluetooth speaker of their choice.

(2) release the Bone Throne & Table as a separate diorama piece set (just like the Weapons Rack).

Just by implementing these two minimally-impacting measures, the price tag should drop by some $50 to $100 (as the electronics should at the very least cost some $10-$20, and there's no way the large Bone Throne & Table could cost less than $30-$50).
    The Bone Throne And Bone Table will be a permanent part Of the interior of Snake Mountain just like the Throne in Castle Grayslull was permanent in the final plastic Playset we all bought almost two years ago.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I think they should have displayed Castle grayskull with Point dread because CG looks like so tiny in comparison with Snake Mountain. That's because of the snake tower. But with the point dread that would be the same height imo
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I'd rather they ditched the electronics to reduce price.

See, I'm torn.

I love the size as-is. I could (probably) make room for it as-is (maybe).

I'm not exactly rich, though, so a reduction of some sort would help me out financially.

I'll vote when I've considered all options properly...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I voted for minimal reduction taking it that it had to be reduced in size with no leeway . However I agree with No-Ah if they don't need to reduce it then don't, it would just ruin it, I'll pay what they're charging.

I'm amazed that no-one's latched onto the significance of this. If playsets with electronics are now a possibility for the line, if this does well, that may well put a classics Eternia on the table, and lets face it a brand new MOTUC one would cost less than a loose complete vintage