Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 109 Discussion!

Hybrid View

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 109 Discussion!

Episode 109 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter and "Pixel Dan" Eardley are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode we discuss
    Toy Fair,
    Godfather and Hobbit,
    Wii U,
    braggin' Dan,
    Hoverboard,
    delayed shipping notice,
    Star Sister - Bios,
    Temple of Darkness Sorceress - Bio,
    Fearless Photog - Bio,
    other figures in MOTUC,
    concept and development characters
    and much more!

Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 22 minutes, 42 seconds

Direct link for Episode 109

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Yay!!! Gooble!! Gooble!!! Gooble!!!

Hey Val, anyway to note when the podcast was recorded? It helps put it into perspective when you are talking about topics etc.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

This was one of the funniest episodes ever, anybody who turned of missed a lot of fun The 40th anouncement imitation was so funny.

Dan, i hope you get well soon and being able to wrestle again.

I am all for a Madam Raz and Broom. Even in that original Filmation style. And a Box set with all the little guys, imp, lookie kowl, that strange thing that helped teela fall in the shaft of grayskull and whatever small guys there were.

And while listening to the photog stuff i began sketching an image, but then Dan wanted Matt to do the cover, so i stopped, but here is what i did so far.
    Hope you enjoy anyways.

Photogpress.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Hey Val, anyway to note when the podcast was recorded? It helps put it into perspective when you are talking about topics etc.
    December 16th. So a few weeks ago. BOOYA!

I've listened to every episode of Roast Gooble but after listening to this particular one I was finally compelled to call in for the first time. In any event, I was very happy to hear Madame Razz and Broom be discussed in a more in depth fashion. Keep them coming!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Thanks for a great episode again
    Have the exact same opinion about the Hobbit like Penny and i always fast forward the disgusting insect scene in King Kong but i love the fight with the T-Rexes! Some of those scenes are looking like a Frazetta painting!
    The Wrestling/Pixel-Dan dilemma of Dan is really funny
    And just two words "Freestyle Bane"

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    December 16th. So a few weeks ago. BOOYA!
    Hey Val, are you sure this wasn't the 23rd? Granamyr didn't go on sale until the 17th. Otherwise, great podcast as usual!
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

Heroic Warrior
    Great episode. I will say in regards to the Hoverboard that I really don't think it is unfair for customers to be angry at Mattel even though they did offer cancellations. Although it was disappointing, many people could accept the lack of a lenticular. What was unacceptable and unexpected was that Mattel used a paper sticker held together with scotch tape instead. Mattel did not release review samples until the last minute so it was a tough decision on whether or not to cancel the preorder. That's where a lot of the anger comes from. Yes we knew in October that there would be no lenticular, but it wasn't until it was in hand that we knew how much Mattel had cut costs on the $120 prop replica.
    Last edited by PPC; January 12, 2013 at 04:37pm.

I LMAO though a good portion of this episode. I love it when you guys go off on tangents.

- I like the fan written bio for Photog so much more than what we got from Mattel. I also want a customizer to make a fedora with press pass for him to wear.

- I would be all over a Christmas exclusive of Santa Adam with Relay and smiling Skeletor head.

- Madame Razz and Broom are a MUST have. She falls at #2 on my most wanted after Scorpia. I also want her to in the style she was created in, Filmation.

Great episode Gooble crew keep it up.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Because nobody has done it yet.

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg
    Chapter 29
    This is an important announcement. This is flight 121 to Los Angeles. If your travel plans today do not include Los Angeles, now would be a perfect time to disembark.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXX View Post

And while listening to the photog stuff i began sketching an image, but then Dan wanted Matt to do the cover, so i stopped, but here is what i did so far.
    Hope you enjoy anyways.
    YES! Fantastic image! You should finish it up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nope42 View Post
    Ha!! Awesome pics!!

Seriously, 1940's Press Photog is my new favorite!!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by nope42 View Post
    LOL!!!!