Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Shipping Notice

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I received shipping notice for ONE of my three subs. Went to my bank's site to see that I was charged a total of just over 106.00 for 3 25.00 figures. over 31.00 in shipping for three figures? There is no tax listed on the invoice, so that isn't the issue. What the heck? And weren't subs supposed to ship together even if purchased separately? Even so, I purchased two together, so I shouldn't be looking at this crazy high amount for shipping.... (or is it the same silly situation as last year where they don't on the first month? and even then.... I'm so confused.)
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Mine shipped! Awewsome!

$64.10 for Netossa
    39.10 for Rorshach

Matty...you've got some 'splaning to to do...

edit, yeah minus 25 for King He-Man & 14.10 for UPS makes Netossa 39.10 just like Rorshach. I'll be glad when they ship together... 14 is like weeks worth of comics.
    Last edited by Clawful Ofit; January 11, 2013 at 11:51am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Got mine-the notice is way higher than my actual charge. (Whew!) Still higher than I'd like....
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    What my shipping confirmation says:
    Club EterniaŽ 2013 Subscription - Initial Figure
    Amount $25.00
    Shipping $9.90
    Tax $4.19
    Total $64.09

What their useless, broken website says:
    2013 Masters of the UniverseŽ Classics Club EterniaŽ Subscription
    Other
    Other
    Server Error
    Error:
    We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.
    Error Number: CAT_000016

What my credit card statement shows:
    DRI-Mattycollector $37.34

So why are we getting hosed on shipping at $9.90 for the slowest option, which is more expensive than what is charged to day-of-sale buyers? And why can't the Order History or My Subscriptions page tell me what you're charging me for? "Other Other." Seriously?

Heroic Warrior
    my credit card shows 37.08 charge

$37!!!! for a single he-man figure

this is crazy

Mine is showing a little over $39 in my bank statement. I chose UPS so I guess it is like $14 to ship via UPS for 1 figure?
    Guh...

Yeah I almost had a heart attack when I saw my total. I'm also insanely confused about my shipping costs because my invoice says $21 for shipping on Netossa and Rorschach...

Am I the only international person with that crazy shipping cost?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    My invoice for two subs is 117$ but my actual charge is 64$ im guessing the 14$ dif is shipping and taxes to IL.

I looked up last yrs invoice and they did the same thing back then: Invoice has a charge for both JAN figure and Subscription charge.

Didnt TG say not only were prices for figures going up, but shipping cost as well?

Heroic Warrior
    I dont see how they are charging $10 or so for Smartpost shipping which takes 2 weeks sometimes

I get packages from Japan faster than Mattel

HA! Yeah mine is off as well. I saw it and looked it over quickly, like: "Okay one figure, 25, UPS shipping at 14.10, no tax, blah blah blah, 64.10, okay good" and I clicked off the tab and WHA-WHA-WHAAAAT! Waitasecondherelemmegetthattabbackup

Anyway, good to know I'm not alone. Seems to be a standard problem across the board. Does finally explain the charge on the card, though! I was charged the correct 39.10, so that's the part that counts. I'm assuming they added up Ram Man on the emails, but thankfully they only charged the real amount to the card.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I got my shipping notice as well, and like everyone else, mine is off because even though it's not listed in the notice, the total seems to include the sign up fee for the sub exclusive figure.

I went ahead and looked up my email confirmation from when I originally signed up for the subscription, and the total is the same. Like others, shipping is listed as $9.90 both on my original sub order confirmation and this new shipping confirmation. So, I'm not surprised by that, and any shipping charges that are showing up now should be what was listed on your confirmation for the original order confirmation months ago. This was compensating for the constantly increasing costs of shipping in general.

One thing to note regarding the errored pricing in the shipping confirmations is that not only do they seem to include the $25 price for the sub exclusive figure in the total, but for those who get charged tax, the tax for the sub exclusive figure is included as well. In Illinois (where I am located) we get charged 6.25% tax on these merchandise. For a $25 figure, that is $1.56. My tax total is showing as $3.12.... which is exactly double.

I have not yet seen what the actual charge to my credit card is/will be. Unfortunately the card that I'm using this year (which is different than the one I used last year since that one expires in a few months) does not show pending charges when I check it online..... it only shows the charges that have already gone through, and those can take a day or two to show up from the time that they are charged. Hopefully the correct amount gets charged.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I got my Netossa Shipping notice to, yes the invoice is off but thats because it's from july when i subbed for 2013.

The invoice lists the club etrenia sub charge & the first monthes figure plus tax & shipping which in reality dropped off and I was only charged $25.00 back in July for the sub. Now looking on line at my CC statement Matty only authorised $40.66 so people don't get nervous about your shipping invoice it's because it's how it was left from when you subbed in 2012 when it was set up.
    Ok, but shipping never went up, and we're still getting billed $25 plus $9.90 shipping....unless the $9.90 is shipping for both Netossa and the offset for King He-Man....I just thought of that....But when you add 2 figures, it's $10.55, so it still doesn't make sense unless they discounted KHM's shipping being the sub exclusive.

So hopefully the next solo figure will be reflective of this, and for USPS Jit & Ram, should be only like $10 something.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Club Eternia: $39.10
    Shipping: $14.10

Sometimes I feel like it was cheaper to just buy these individually. Got the sub because the line was threatening to end.

I just ordered a figure from spawn.com,it was $14 shipping for one figure.....the figure was $15.

Ups is ungodly high,that is why I use newgistics,sure it takes a year,but it is half the price.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Got my notice too. Can't wait for Netossa!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I was under the impression that both of my subs would ship together and that I would save on shipping, not be charged two full shipping amounts.

I am getting the same issue that someone else mentioned earlier in the thread when they try to make sure that both subs combine shipping on the "My Subscriptions" page:

"We’re sorry, we can’t find a subscription to combine. You may need to update the shipping address/account information so it matches your other subscription(s) or you previously selected “never combine with other shipments,” which can’t be undone."

I know that I never selected "never combine" when I signed up.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

The same thing is happening with my shipping notice. I am being charged $64.55 for one figure. The correct charge should be $25.00 + $9.90 shipping + $4.65 tax = $39.55. The extra $25.00 may be for the club exclusive figure (King He-Man), but it does not specify this in the notice. I sent and e-mail to Matty customer service. I'll update this post with their reply once I get it.
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

Is King He-Man being sent out this month as well? I had not read that and I typed in "King He-Man" in the search field but it said no results.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Is King He-Man being sent out this month as well? I had not read that and I typed in "King He-Man" in the search field but it said no results.
    He is not.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He is not.
    I didn't think so but just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. Thanks!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I received my shipping notice this morning and Netossa is "OUT FOR DELIVERY" as I type this. I hope the work day goes fast!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Yea, mine is screwed up and all.... I am NOT happy, though I haven't checked my credit card site yet. But here's my fiasco. This doesn't even make sense...

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y3185S Club EterniaŽ 1 1 1 $34.90

Shipping: $9.90
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $59.90

**UPDATE** Ok, I checked my credit card, and it's $34.90, the correct charge. Wow... talk about screw ups on invoices!
    Last edited by Ben Solstice-Moon; January 11, 2013 at 01:24pm.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Someone in another forum said the total is including the price you paid for the subscription. It makes sense since you paid $25 for Netossa, $25 for the sub, and then $9.90 for shipping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I was under the impression that both of my subs would ship together and that I would save on shipping, not be charged two full shipping amounts.

I am getting the same issue that someone else mentioned earlier in the thread when they try to make sure that both subs combine shipping on the "My Subscriptions" page:

"We’re sorry, we can’t find a subscription to combine. You may need to update the shipping address/account information so it matches your other subscription(s) or you previously selected “never combine with other shipments,” which can’t be undone."

I know that I never selected "never combine" when I signed up.
    Wait a minute, I thought they were shipping the subs together if they were on the same order? If they are indeed two different shipments, I'm going to just refuse the Netossa shipment and have Matty refund me my money instead of trying to sell it like everyone else, especially if they ship them to the wrong address AGAIN as I am NOT paying $5 to have Netossa rerouted to me. I'll pay the ****ing $5 for Saint Walker, but NOT Netossa. They can keep her and give me my $35 back.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Like I said on the first page, subtract $25 from the invoice total and that's how much you're actually being charged.

The insane shipping is what's bothering me now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app