Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Shipping Notice

No shipping yet for me and no order showing. However, it says on my sub page that the next renewal is for 2/5/13 so I'm assuming it renewed this month. Anyone else in the same boat?

Shipping costs have gone up, or are going up- I forget which... but I did read something recently about the USPS raising all of their rates. It's either happened already, or is happening at the end of this month (price of stamps, etc etc). International customers are getting screwed, that's for sure.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

There is no "renewal" this month since your card was charged back when you signed up for the sub. You should only get a shipping notice, whenever that is.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Finally got the my sub page to load for me. It has my subs (both orders - three subs - with the same billing and shipping info) as not combined and will not let me combine them as it keeps saying it cannot find subscriptions to combine. I'm just about done with this line. Nearly 40.00 a figure because DR didn't combine shipping as they said they would? Ridiculous. This is the last time I buy extra subs to help the line - that's for sure.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
    my credit card shows 37.08 charge

$37!!!! for a single he-man figure

this is crazy
    I agree. $37 for one figure is sounding a little bit outrageous right now, especially since my paychecks are now down about $300 a month due to the raise in taxes. Uhg...this is a line I hate to love, and love to hate. But $37 per figure is just getting out of hand, especially considering the headache dealing with everything from Matty to DR causes. Hmmm...decisions decisions.

Each figure costs $25. Shipping isn't free. Yeah it's a lot, but you guys knew the prices when signing up I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    No shipping yet for me and no order showing. However, it says on my sub page that the next renewal is for 2/5/13 so I'm assuming it renewed this month. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Yes, no shipping email for me too!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Each figure costs $25. Shipping isn't free. Yeah it's a lot, but you guys knew the prices when signing up I assume.
    Yes, but when an item is mail order only, you HAVE to include the shipping in the price of the figure. It is NOT a $25 fig, it is a $37 fig. Matty has to include their shipping in the price. We have to as well.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I don't think anyone assumed shipping would jump that much, but even so - we also assumed that our subs would be combined as Toyguru said multiple times during the course of his sub crusade. I am paying full shipping for each of three subs. That is a problem.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Toyguru said ...
    Story of our lives, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Yes, but when an item is mail order only, you HAVE to include the shipping in the price of the figure. It is NOT a $25 fig, it is a $37 fig. Matty has to include their shipping in the price. We have to as well.
    Shipping prices were included when you signed up for the sub. You had to choose your shipping method. Next to it was the price. A lot of people opted out from subbing when they saw the shipping price last year.

Yeah, everybody knows the base price per figure is $25... but it's the TOTAL cost with taxes and shipping that is going to kill this line for people. Which is not Mattel's fault one bit, but it will hurt the line regardless because it WILL reach a point where people are going to feel "This is too much." ToyGuru has already said as much last year, that one day the line will disappear because fans won't want to pony up the money for these figures... and that's when they'll stop. The writing is on the wall, sadly. I'm enjoying these while I can afford them. But knowing my rent is going up later this year (as does everything) and my money needing to go elsewhere, 2013 & 2014 are probably the last two years I will be able to afford collecting. Which is why I'm happy Castle Grayskull is coming this year. If it hit in 2015 I doubt I'd be able to get it.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Yes I knew the prices. I also was told that two subs would ship together and save on shipping, yet I am getting charged full amounts for two separate shipments.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB
    Shipping prices were included when you signed up for the sub. You had to choose your shipping method. Next to it was the price. A lot of people opted out from subbing when they saw the shipping price last year.
    I fully expected a shipping increase and I'm fine with the $13 or whatever for a single figure.

What irks me is why I'm paying $21 for two figures to ship. That makes no sense. Previous shipping costs didn't even increase sometimes with 2 figures, which is why many would order multiples on sale days just to save on shipping.

With large figures like Ram Man, an additional charge can be expected, but to ship two standard figures in the same shipment should not jump the cost from $14 to $21. That's insane.
    Last edited by Balthus Dire; January 11, 2013 at 01:05pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Got my shipping notice!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

So, they're charging for Netossa and King He-Man already (that's the first time they have done that so soon I think)? When I first saw the email I was hoping they had goofed up and shipped me Ram-Man with Netossa

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    So, they're charging for Netossa and King He-Man already (that's the first time they have done that so soon I think)? When I first saw the email I was hoping they had goofed up and shipped me Ram-Man with Netossa
    They're not charging for King He-Man. The invoice is incorrect.

I don't get what happened. I was charged $41.84 and all I'm getting is my one Netossa figure. That means I'm paying $16.84 in shipping? Does that seem a bit steep to anyone?
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

People seem to forget that the USPS ALWAYS increases their rates on 1/1 like clockwork.

My invoice (e-mail) said: $64.09 (initial figure $25.00 + $9.90 shipping + $4.19 tax)
    Bank Statement says: $37.34
    $26.75 is the difference.

I wanna know what state we are paying sales tax through. CA? 8.25% = $2.89. MS (where I live) 7% = $2.44

Heroic Warrior
    Shipping is not what the problem is

Its what they are artificially charging for shipping

It prolly costs them half what they charge

Mine will be here Wednesday!

Is the shipping different for you guys or what? Mine was $14.10 in July & it still is. Did yours change? It just sucks this time as I ordered mine seperate & can't combine 'til next month.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

OK, I just played around and realized I had chosen UPS for shipping this year, whereas I used USPS in previous years. They're charging me about $13.15 to ship and they're charging me tax, so I get why mine worked out the way it did. I need to change that shipping method.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

Well I still dont get it.

People who are getting 1, 2, 3, or 4 figures should be charged the same amount if they have the same shipping and same number of figures! Yet, I am seeing differences in prices for 1 figure and the same shipping...

Is math a foreign language as well???

Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
    Club EterniaŽ 2013 Subscription - Initial Figure 3 3 3 $75.00
    Shipping: $12.20
    Tax: $14.12
    Total: $176.32

It appears they are charging for Ram Man too. Who saw this coming, eh?

Edit. The charge showing on my card is $94.79. Happy New Year!!
    Last edited by orbles; January 11, 2013 at 02:23pm.