Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: January 2013 Shipping Notice

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    ...and there is no way out...you can't cancel...you are in for life...if you die...maybe they let you out...MAYBE...
    What I meant by canceling is simply to report to your bank that you lost your credit card. That's how most people do it. I don't know much about the legality of your action, but if Mattel screws you up, it's pretty much a breach of the contract that you've agreed on IMO.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    Hey guys

this is the email I got:

Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
    Club EterniaŽ 2013 Subscription - Initial Figure 1 1 1 $25.00
    Club Infinite Earths 2013 Subscription - Initial Figure 1 1 1 $18.00
    Shipping: $21.70
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $119.70

so what happen here? don't I get the january sub figures?? how come only the initial figures are listed?
    The initial figure is the January sub figure.

ah I see! thanks mjharwood. I just wonder why they didn't just put Netossa or Saint walker in the email.

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Anybody else being charged $3.12 per figure for tax? I am in Illinois. I don't ever recall tax before. Also, my total is way off as well.

Delays, strange invoices...not a good start to 2013.

Can somebody tell me if they are being charged tax too?

Thanks!
    Club EterniaŽ 2013 Subscription - Initial Figure 1 1 1 $25.00
    Shipping: $9.90
    Tax: $3.12
    Total: $63.02

Same boat. Was only charged 48.02 on my card.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

anyone else get a weird charge on their invoice?

what means this????
    SHIPMENT AND BILLING DETAILS

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y3185S Club EterniaŽ 2 2 2 $71.70

Shipping: $21.70
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $121.70

121 dollars for 2 netossas????
    i dont got it
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Are people not reading this thread? Myself and others have explained the invoice, yet folks keep posting
    "help! my invoice is off!"... heck if my posts are invisible to folks I'll just not bother trying to help in the future!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3187521
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Are people not reading this thread? Myself and others have explained the invoice, yet folks keep posting
    "help! my invoice is off!"... heck if my posts are invisible to folks I'll just not bother trying to help in the future!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3187521
    LOL I give up myself. I tried too (first page, post #8!)....and SCB has explained many times too......and you explained......and after that I just don't get what's so confusing about finishing an invoice that was half paid in July.

On a side note, I chalk up the $1.20 extra shipping to the DR fan club. As a subscriber, you have no choice but to join. Thank you and see you next year.

So, Digital River sent me some instructions to retrieve the actual invoice. It reads as follows:

1 2013 Masters of the UniverseŽ Classics Club EterniaŽ Subscription

Other
    Other

$25.00 $25.00
    1 Club EterniaŽ 2013 Subscription - Initial Figure

Boxed Shipment

$25.00 $25.00
    1 Club Eternia Voting Code

Electronic Download

$0.00 $0.00
    1 2013 Watchmen Club Black Freighter Subscription

Other
    Other

$0.00 $0.00
    1 Club Watchmen 2013 Subscription - Initial Figure

Boxed Shipment

$25.00 $25.00
    Sub-Total $75.00
    Shipping $21.70
    Tax $0.00
    Total $96.70

Like many have suggested, the $25 is for the initial figure, so it's not a "real" charge. Mystery solved.

Got my figures and the actual invoice that came with the figures listed the correct price. So I guess it was just a false alarm.
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior

Question about the Jan charge to my account, just a cross reference

I have a charge for Netossa, $25, shipping which is an outstanding $9.90, and my total comes to $59.90

Is the extra $25 due to King He-Man or is it the subscription fee or am I just being screwed and need to call DR?

If this is redundant, I apologize. Just thought I would seek some help out from the .orgers first.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hipping-Notice

redundant...

Check your bank. They didnt charge you that much.

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you Stratros*Major, you're a true homie. My mind is at ease and this thread can go to H E double hockey sticks.

1/16/2013 04:53 AM Transferring to USPS ALLEN PARK,MI 481012775
    1/16/2013 01:45 AM In transit CHICAGO HEIGHTS,IL
    1/15/2013 08:27 PM In transit EAST MOLINE,IL
    1/15/2013 05:03 PM Accepted by USPS ALLEN PARK,MI 48101
    1/15/2013 01:07 PM In transit OMAHA,NE

I love how the USPS accepted her Wednesday, then she somehow ended up in Illinois, then back into the hands of the USPS yesterday....I guess she wasn't done with her US tour....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'm done. I hope Digital River cancel my subs because I am done. I want Ram-Man next month, I want my Mollah sub figure, but I am sick of this. They shipped my subs to the wrong address, but made it so I could not even change my address on the package. As such, UPS sent it back to them this morning because I no longer live at the address they delivered it to. OBVIOUSLY!!!

Anyway, I've had enough of this circus act. I've preordered all of the DC figures at BBTS and will just pay the extra cost to not have to deal with Matty anymore. As for Mollah, you know what, now that I think about it, I already paid for him (and King He-Man), so Matty has no choice but to send him to me or I will file fraud charges on them. As for Ram-Man, I'll figure him out sometime in the summer, if I still even want to get him by then.

This is ridiculous. I should not have to go through this just because I moved.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got my shipping notice yesterday for my DOS Netossa and Rorshach.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm done. I hope Digital River cancel my subs because I am done. I want Ram-Man next month, I want my Mollah sub figure, but I am sick of this. They shipped my subs to the wrong address, but made it so I could not even change my address on the package. As such, UPS sent it back to them this morning because I no longer live at the address they delivered it to. OBVIOUSLY!!!

Anyway, I've had enough of this circus act. I've preordered all of the DC figures at BBTS and will just pay the extra cost to not have to deal with Matty anymore. As for Mollah, you know what, now that I think about it, I already paid for him (and King He-Man), so Matty has no choice but to send him to me or I will file fraud charges on them. As for Ram-Man, I'll figure him out sometime in the summer, if I still even want to get him by then.

This is ridiculous. I should not have to go through this just because I moved.

I had the same issue last January... They shipped to my old address, but I contacted the new tenants and asked them to hold my package for me. Why didn't you do ask the people are your old address or did you move far away?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I had the same issue last January... They shipped to my old address, but I contacted the new tenants and asked them to hold my package for me. Why didn't you do ask the people are your old address or did you move far away?
    Uh... if you knew my old apartment complex you would not be asking that question. Let's put it this way, you are talking about a complex that only allows you to get your mail and use the fitness center during the Mon-Sat 9-5 business hours, lies to their tenants, has set a fixed utility bill rate of $90 a month regardless of the size of your apt or how many people live in it, and reduced their maintenance staff from 18 employees to 4 (the complex is 48 buildings with 12 apts in each building).

Anyway, the problem is, I called Digital River 4 times since Oct to update my address. I have emailed them several times to update my address. I changed my address on the site in every place it was listed and they STILL were shipping them to the old address. However, last month, I was able to use the My Choice settings to have UPS change the address to my current address for $5. I tried doing that this time, and it would not let me, and Digital River said there was nothing they could do about it even though they are the ones that have to contact UPS to tell them to allow me to do it. And when I called UPS up, they told me I had to wait until the first delivery attempt was made. Well, UPS did not even attempt to deliver it, they just sent the package back to Digital River since I no longer live there. Both companies are my **** list right now because I do not understand how UPS would not even give me the chance to come pick it up from their facility or why DR was just being DR again.

BTW, UPS also tried to deliver the package at 5:39PM, so the apartment office was closed.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; January 17, 2013 at 02:49pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Uh... if you knew my old apartment complex you would not be asking that question. Let's put it this way, you are talking about a complex that only allows you to get your mail and use the fitness center during the Mon-Sat 9-5 business hours, lies to their tenants, has set a fixed utility bill rate of $90 a month regardless of the size of your apt or how many people live in it, and reduced their maintenance staff from 18 employees to 4 (the complex is 48 buildings with 12 apts in each building).

Anyway, the problem is, I called Digital River 4 times since Oct to update my address. I have emailed them several times to update my address. I changed my address on the site in every place it was listed and they STILL were shipping them to the old address. However, last month, I was able to use the My Choice settings to have UPS change the address to my current address for $5. I tried doing that this time, and it would not let me, and Digital River said there was nothing they could do about it even though they are the ones that have to contact UPS to tell them to allow me to do it. And when I called UPS up, they told me I had to wait until the first delivery attempt was made. Well, UPS did not even attempt to deliver it, they just sent the package back to Digital River since I no longer live there. Both companies are my **** list right now because I do not understand how UPS would not even give me the chance to come pick it up from their facility or why DR was just being DR again.

BTW, UPS also tried to deliver the package at 5:39PM, so the apartment office was closed.
    I totally feel your pain... I tried calling Matty DR in Nov 2011 and was told that they couldn't change the shipment address on the january order of a subscription.
    I'm sorry your old place wasn't nice enough to help you out and that you weren't able to get it figured out with UPS.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

I've read about your past address problems, and I don't blame you for being angry. I would be, too. There's no reason that they shouldn't have been able to get your 2012 sub straightened out.

But here's the thing that people don't seem to realize (and it seems to fall on deaf ears anytime I bring it up), and it is kind of/sort of DR's fault, but at the same time something that people just kind of need to be aware of.

Under normal circumstances (if DR doesn't screw anything up and things actually work correctly, which they didn't properly do for you last year), if you change your shipping address in the middle of the year whether it be over the phone with Digital River or now using the subscription management page, the NEXT time that you sub renews after you've done that, it SHOULD go to the new address.

The problem is that unlike the renewals that occur from February through December, the January shipment is kind of different in that it generates when you sign up for the sub, not days before the items ship out.

Let me word this another way. Let's replace the word renewal with "spawn". You have your master subscription order with the info associated with it (addresses, credit card, etc), and each monthly order "spawns" off of that, pulling the information from the master sub AT THE TIME that the "spawning" occurs. For February through December, each of those respective monthly orders "spawn" off of the master subscription order during those respective months, typically days before the order ships (provided there's no delays with the stock). However, the January shipment "spawns" off of the master sub order in July/August at the time of signing up for the sub (that's why we get a break down of what the first month's charge will be and a preauthorization at that time).

Because of this, even if Digital River hadn't screwed up and had actually properly changed your address in your general account, your 'master' 2012 sub, and even your 'master' 2013 sub, that January order already "spawned" off of the 2013 sub back during the summer when the old information was still in place, so that is the info that was "locked in" with that order. So basically they would have had to actually go into that specific January shipment order and adjusted the address in there specifically in order for it to be corrected.

Now, by no means is this your fault for not knowing this, Dr. Kain (and since DR kept screwing up your address change anyway, there's a good chance they would have screwed up that one as well). Frankly the way they do things is often confusing and requires A LOT of digging to figure out how 2 + 2 add up to 4. But people need to be made more aware of this to know to look out for it. This will likely continue to be an issue for the first shipment of the year for people who change addresses after signing up.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The thing is, I asked them specifically about the 2013 sub and the guy told me to call them by Jan 4th to make sure my address is updated. I called them on both Dec 28th and Jan 3rd and was told my new address was indeed in the system.

Anyway, I have an easy solution to make sure this doesn't happen again, DON'T SUBSCRIBE!!

I was thinking about still getting a sub for 2014 if they were going to do the vintage characters and no one else, especially since I would be signing up for the DC sub, but I have no reason to. I will just go to BBTS to get everything I want from this point forward.