Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Shipping Notice

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Like I said on the first page, subtract $25 from the invoice total and that's how much you're actually being charged.
    Actually for anyone who is being charged tax, part of the tax showing up in the order confirmation is also from the sub exclusive figure. For anyone who lives in a state that only charges tax on the merchandise, but not the shipping, they should only be getting charged half of the tax amount in the shipping confirmation. It will be slightly more than half for anyone who does get charged tax on the shipping.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone understand how an Invoice works?

An Invoice shows a purchase that has been made but not paid in full. We placed an order in the July-August timeframe. Keeping things simple, let's say we ordered 1 subscription. The initial subscription order was for 2 (billable) line items (I'm not going to mess with the voting code line item that was $0) for $25 each (one initial figure and one membership), plus shipping which I'll ballpark at $12 (seems to be the median of most of the reported charges). I'm going to leave tax off the table, too, for simplicity's sake. Using this model, in July/August, we placed an order for $62. In July/August, we paid $25 of the $62. The order was not paid in full so there is an Invoice with an order total of $62 to collect the remaining $37 owed. What you are seeing in your email is 100% accurate for the way the order system works and the way Invoicing works from an accounting perspective. The items shown on your notice combine with your prior payment to complete the payment of the order. They've changed the formatting up to show a number they never showed in January before, but it's not an inaccurate representation of what is taking place with the order. Keep in mind your charge this month is not for an order of Netossa plus shipping; it's to complete payment of an order for Netossa & membership that you placed 5 or 6 months ago.

Confusing? Yes... Cause to pull out the pitchforks? Hardly... in my opinion, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Actually for anyone who is being charged tax, part of the tax showing up in the order confirmation is also from the sub exclusive figure. For anyone who lives in a state that only charges tax on the merchandise, but not the shipping, they should only be getting charged half of the tax amount in the shipping confirmation. It will be slightly more than half for anyone who does get charged tax on the shipping.
    If you're paying tax on the shipping, you should probably also be paying tax on the membership; both would be viewed by your tax agency as "services" most likely which means both would be subject to taxation.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Club Eternia: $39.10
    Shipping: $14.10

Sometimes I feel like it was cheaper to just buy these individually. Got the sub because the line was threatening to end.
    Sometimes? You should feel like that all of the time because it is cheaper to buy outside of the sub. That's the reason I didn't get a sub last year, but that geek Toyguru told me the option to combine shipping for early access and sub items was being worked out for this year, so I went all in. Now not only do we not have that option, but shipping is now more expensive, what BS. I'm half tempted to cancel my credit card that the sub is on and use another one to order individually. F Matty and their BS shipping scam!

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    My shipping notice is over $60 as well when I'm only expecting one Netossa. I was wondering if there was a charge in there for ram man or king he-man
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

My invoice says over $60.00 but my card shows $39.00. Not sure why every one is getting up in arms about the invoices, as long as the charge is right on the account
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

im confused. i didnt check when i ordered if the money was deducted but i thought when i bought the sub i was paying for the sub $25+$25 for the first figure?

so now i have a new charge for $41.54 which is the initial figure (assuming it didnt charge on the purchase of the sub PLUS shipping PLUS sales tax?

that makes sense i just want to make sure we arent twice paying for bloody netossa

Good lord. I'm sure we were given this information when we signed up, but I do not remember UPS Ground shipping being $14 for one standard figure, especially when I only live an hour away from the shipping facility. After we get Ram Man & Jitsu next month, I'm gonna learn to be patient and switch to Newgistics.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I don't think anyone assumed shipping would jump that much, but even so - we also assumed that our subs would be combined as Toyguru said multiple times during the course of his sub crusade. I am paying full shipping for each of three subs. That is a problem.
    The sub sign up says, no subs will ship combined for the first month (that is if bought separate, in separate orders), but the ability to do so "supposed" to be available after that, so for Feb, you should have that option.

Each figure costs $25. Shipping isn't free. Yeah it's a lot, but you guys knew the prices when signing up I assume.
    Possibly so, but, the problem is on site, the figures are $8.70 not $9.90....

I can get a He-Man even for $27, but the shipping for USPS is $8.70, yet for my $25 sub figure, I am paying $1.20 more....how in the hell is that right? Despite what what the sign-up said....

That is the problem, no one said anything about deserving free shipping or something.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Nobody said they want free shipping, but some are acting like they had no idea what the shipping prices were when they signed up or that there wasn't a big deal made last year about them.

As for YOU, I would investigate what that $1.20 is for. It looks like it applies to you specifically.

Nobody said they want free shipping, but some are acting like they had no idea what the shipping prices were when they signed up or that there wasn't a big deal made last year about them.

As for YOU, I would investigate what that $1.20 is for. It looks like it applies to you specifically.
    I have the same extra $1.20 charge. From the prices I've seen people posting I think a lot of us do. Which goes back to what I was asking in my original post....is this supposed to cover the cost of shipping for Netossa AND King He-Man as it was when we signed up? If so, it's no big deal....as long as they don't try to charge us extra shipping when King He-man is finally sent.

I would investigate what that $1.20 is.

Snappy Threader
    Got mine this morning. Looked ok to me....

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    My invoice says over $60.00 but my card shows $39.00. Not sure why every one is getting up in arms about the invoices, as long as the charge is right on the account
    Well when you are trusting a company with your credit card or checking info and they send you and invoice that you need to try and figure out, because it is totally messed up, well that is more than we bargained for when signing up. Now I have to question if they are charging me the right tax, which they tax the S&H charges..which seems odd, then whether they are charging me a fair price for shipping in the first place. Are they charging shipping for the Netossa's and Ram Man's that they apparently invoiced me for, or just for the 3x Netossa figures? See I have no idea because when you subtract the invoiced amount from the pending authorization I have it is $81.53 different. What the hell makes up this amount? Not $25 x 3..so how to they calculate these figures. Who the hell knows.

That is why people are concerned. Or at least why I am concerned.

There are a lot of people saying $9.90 is the shipping of for them as well, that's an extra $1.20 for a lot of people.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Netossa arrived at my door today. Expensive too.

Matty's just preparing us for their next inevitable price hike...
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Gas View Post
    Netossa arrived at my door today. Expensive too.
    Mine arrived cheap.

[QUOTE=mjharwood;3186804]Does anyone understand how an Invoice works?

An Invoice shows a purchase that has been made but not paid in full. We placed an order in the July-August timeframe. Keeping things simple, let's say we ordered 1 subscription. The initial subscription order was for 2 (billable) line items (I'm not going to mess with the voting code line item that was $0) for $25 each (one initial figure and one membership), plus shipping which I'll ballpark at $12 (seems to be the median of most of the reported charges). I'm going to leave tax off the table, too, for simplicity's sake. Using this model, in July/August, we placed an order for $62. In July/August, we paid $25 of the $62. The order was not paid in full so there is an Invoice with an order total of $62 to collect the remaining $37 owed. What you are seeing in your email is 100% accurate for the way the order system works and the way Invoicing works from an accounting perspective. The items shown on your notice combine with your prior payment to complete the payment of the order. They've changed the formatting up to show a number they never showed in January before, but it's not an inaccurate representation of what is taking place with the order. Keep in mind your charge this month is not for an order of Netossa plus shipping; it's to complete payment of an order for Netossa & membership that you placed 5 or 6 months ago.

Confusing? Yes... Cause to pull out the pitchforks? Hardly... in my opinion, anyway.]

If that is actually what happened, then it makes total sense....I think we're just all hardwired to expect the worst with DR, so anything slightly confusion sets up right off...I know I said, "***?" when I got the email today

I got no notice at all. Which is a little concerning, given that I have 1 MOTU, 2 DC and 1 Watchmen subs.

What's the deal with the shipping method? I thought that the 9.90 for shipping was the UPS ground shipping, why am I still looking at Newgistics and USPS? Please help me to understand this.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Does anyone understand how an Invoice works?
    Depending on the context it could be the sound level we use to speak inside of libraries or when we think something but don't say it outloud?

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood
    Keep in mind your charge this month is not for an order of Netossa plus shipping; it's to complete payment of an order for Netossa & membership that you placed 5 or 6 months ago.
    This makes sense assuming the shipping billed is also the shipping for King He-Man which I believe it does. Shipping for 2 figs this year is $10.55(ish) but when the invoice was initially done last year it must have been $9.90 for two figures.

Now, the only thing this means to me is that I'll need to be a diligent little soldier when King He-Man ships to make sure I am not overcharged for shipping that month. If I forget by then, then it really didn't mean that much to me in the long term.
    Last edited by slackrguy; January 11, 2013 at 07:01pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

True enough, but we were also told that shipping would combine for multiple subs, and from what it sounds like, people are getting charged separate shipping for each sub, which is just pathetic. No way should I be paying $40 shipping for 4 figures.

Truth be told though, I don't know because I still haven't received my shipping notice.

Each figure costs $25. Shipping isn't free. Yeah it's a lot, but you guys knew the prices when signing up I assume.

CC was charged but no shipping notice for me yet.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    got charged $9.90 twice for shipping. I'm suppose to have all subs under one invoice with combined shipping.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by BrettX209 View Post
    True enough, but we were also told that shipping would combine for multiple subs, and from what it sounds like, people are getting charged separate shipping for each sub, which is just pathetic. No way should I be paying $40 shipping for 4 figures.

Truth be told though, I don't know because I still haven't received my shipping notice.
    They combine starting February every year for whatever reason.