Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When all the Vintage and Filmation are gone...

Heroic Warrior

When all the Vintage and Filmation are gone...

So, if the line ever makes it to a point where all the Vintage figures (including MOTU, POP & NA) and key Filmation characters are already made, would you support the line to continue on with just Concept, Golden Book, Mini-Comics, Ladybird, All New and lesser known Filmation characters?

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I'd be an Extreme Cherry Picker!

I was going to say I'd probably buy them all but deep down I know would but them all and probably up my sub #s. No joke.

I'd be behind this 100%.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I want everything and hope this line continues for a long time!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Include POP toy line variants and that list is golden.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    So, if the line ever makes it to a point where all the Vintage figures (including MOTU, POP & NA) and key Filmation characters are already made, would you support the line to continue on with just Concept, Golden Book, Mini-Comics, Ladybird, All New and lesser known Filmation characters?
    I'm far more interested in these things than any remaining vintage figures, and any filmation characters period. Save for maybe Two-Bad, I truly do not care about the rest.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd stop to collect, there's not much figures besides the Grayskull Sentry and the Skelcon from the Ladybird books that keep me interested...
    Last edited by Berserker79; February 23, 2013 at 05:20pm.

100% behind it, there is still a ton of characters outside of those 2 characters that i want see made including
    Scrollos
    Crimson fury
    Horde wizards
    Repta Rachney Ferros
    Duke Dreer
    Garn
    Tarrak
    Damon
    Ceril
    Songster
    All the new characters created by the new mini comics
    Crystollar
    Kol-dar
    Garth
    King Tamusk
    Morgoth
    Kraggox
    Col. Blast
    Acrobad (with alt. lizard head)
    Slime pig (heavily Classized)
    He-slave
    Cruncher
    Maxis and Zark
    Kulatuk
    Zeelhar
    Council of good
    Council of elders
    So many possibilities......

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    This is the main reason why we get all those obscure and unheard of characters. To prolong the line! I don't get why people complain waaaaaayyyyy too much just because MOTUC had not gotten to thier favorites yet.

I understand whan it comes to quality controls like mishaps and mix-ups and having two right legs and breakabilties and brittleness and etc, etc. Those are valid reasons. But as to why some get worked up over not getting a certain character out and started spewing bad karma, it's beyond me. All will be in MOTUC whenever that chance be. Just have patience.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Maybe.

It depends on if I think the toys are great or not and what the price point on them would be.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Probably not and it's not because I wouldn't welcome those or new characters. Let's say that it takes 2 more years to finish all the vintage characters. Prices on shipping and plastic will go up. I can't see paying about $50 a figure for characters that don't even have nostalgia backing up their worth. I really don't think action figures as a whole have much life left.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I'm in as long as all the characters keep the true integrity of the he-man mythos alive instead of cheapening it.... I'm looking at you Mo-Larr...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'll still be here collecting.

After all the Vintage and Filmation fans have gotten their characters, I can ask for MYP, Filmation and Mini-Comic variants again. That is IF the line is still going by then.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 23, 2013 at 05:38pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

In all transparency, I'm mostly a vintage MOTU guy. The only non MOTU I still want is Glimmer, Angella, Disks of Doom Skeletor, Snake Armor He-Man, a few Leo variants, and the Fuerza-T figures. So once vintage is done, those would be about the only figures I'd cherry pick.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Well considering the huge chunk of PoP that I knew nothing about but fully accept: Yes. I'd be in it because I love these toys. I do love to see my favorite characters as well - duh - but I LOVE the new stuff we've gotten in the line so far, and I would love to see more (as well as more concepts 'n stuff like that). It's not hard for me to accept 'cause there's just so classic much stuff that was new to me as it is.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I want the whole MOTU universe!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'll still be here collecting.
    Me too!!! In some ways I am looking forward to the newer characters (i.e. concept, mini-comic, obscure Filmation, all-new son of He-Man, etc...) more than the vintage ones. I think partly because I expect the vintage ones to be made.

After all the heavy hitters are released I believe the line will continue strong with new cool figures that people who say now that they wont buy - WILL BUY simply because they don't realize yet that they may actually like them when they come out. They will most likely jump on board at least partly.

At that point the line will morph into something a little different and I believe with all the vintage core characters off the table - people will, in fact, be a little easier on the concept/new characters in terms of rejection and/or criticism.

Also I believe at this new stage Matty will then release core characters like He-Man, Teela, Hordak and others in other color schemes or even as Filmation variants to attract back the people who 'left'.

But I don't think once these new figures are revealed by Mattel and the Horsemen that the number of evacuees will be a large as so many are saying. After all the Horsemen make some really cool stuff!

So to answer the OP question... I would 110% support them all!
    ---

Yeah no question. I look forward to it. I like options & variety. Sure some characters are boring, but given the option of buying Melaktha, no one at all, or starting over with the same guys again in a new line, I'm going Melaktha everytime.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Very difficult question. Honestly, though, I would probably go back to being a “cherry picker”.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    If the figures continue to come out good, and aren't insanely priced by the time we reach this point, then perhaps... yes... I would continue on with a sub. But it really depends... I mean, a full year slotted with the likes of Master Sebrian, Josh, Green Mask Of Power Demon, Mattel Designer #43's brand new creation, and random Filmation background character #541, doesn't interest me in the least. Right now I'm actually pretty relieved that the focus is on completing all of the vintage factions... 2012 had too much concept and variants that I wish they had not released.

I'm in it until they stop making it.

As long as prices don't go overboard, yes!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think I will pick the ones I really like. Besides the nostalgia factor other reasons play a big role in being more selective. Higher prices for very obscure characters and the continuous battle against shelf space are the most important.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I'll continue to buy everything they throw at me.