Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Favorite MOTUC figure based on the original 8-backs?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    oh, I get it 8 meaning the number of characters not original card back art style.
    thanks.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    oh, I get it 8 meaning the number of characters not original card back art style.
    thanks.
    np buddy...star wars and gi joe fans use the same lingo when referring to the orignal characters released from those lines. off the top of my head i can't recall those numbers though.

ok, did a little checking, for star wars its 12 back & gi joe was 9back
    Last edited by Romadon; February 28, 2013 at 06:49am.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    thanks
    now I know & knowing is half the battle.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Skeletor for me. He just looks so dang cool! The original 80s version was always goofy-looking, it didn't really look evil or intimidating. Now, the Classics version skull-faced and solid buck looks ready to wreak some havoc and be a true challenge for He-Man.

Oh yeah: He-Man uses just axe and sheild in my house. The Power sword is split in halves and lost in Eternia. I follow the original mini-comics canon.

Speaking of the axe: my one complaint with the Classics He-Man is the axe handle, I wish it had the ridges like the original since He-Man would have a better grip on it.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    My favorite 8-backer is Ethel.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    One thing I wish they had done was make Zodac more like his 8-back art, with white/silvery boots instead of dark gray.

Once again, my thoughts EXACTLY.

*~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

All I will say is.... wait until Ram Man (orange / red) comes out!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Once again, my thoughts EXACTLY.

Cosmic mind meld!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

1 Man at Arms followed closely by
    2 Mer Man
    3 Beast Man
    4 Zodac
    5 Teela
    6 Skeletor
    7 Stratos
    8 He Man
    Classics is a great success because there are so many characters that have had better updates than A listers like He Man and Skeletor.

Probably He-Man. But yeah, they all do look pretty cool when looking at it this way!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I think all of the 8 back characters have been executed really well but my personal favourites are Beastman and Mer-man.

I just love the level of detail included on Beastman and wish this level of 'upgrade' was applied to all of the vintage figures rather than some of the more lacklustre efforts (i.e. Sy-klone).

Mer-man for me is still one of the best executed figures in the line - he looks like he stepped stright off the card back plus the 200X trident and vintage toy head giving various options how to display him.

I've got 3 Mer-mans - 2 of the green one for each head (one free - thanks Matty!) and the blue DCUC version - all look great.