Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar

Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Sideshow is very excited to announce that we’ll be producing Masters of the Universe Statues, beginning with He-Man and Skeletor! Those attending San Diego Comic-Con will have the power to see the first statue from this brand new line in person.

Interested to see more before I make a decision.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; June 30, 2015 at 01:13pm.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Thank you for the link! I know one of the designers who has been working on these and he's an amazingly talented guy. I suspect these will be epic and can't wait to see them!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Hmmm... given my reaction to the illustration... I'll hold off judgement until I see the statue in person.
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 57 - SDCC 2015 Coverage of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hope to see you at Power-Con 2016!

Oh man! Sideshow creates some beautiful work! Definitely looking forward to these!

Great! Sideshow got tired of waiting for a new He-Man movie and they will make their own realistic versions. Lol
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; June 30, 2015 at 01:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Thank you for the link! I know one of the designers who has been working on these and he's an amazingly talented guy. I suspect these will be epic and can't wait to see them!
    Do you know what size they will be?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Hmmm... given my reaction to the illustration... I'll hold off judgement until I see the statue in person.
    Yeah, I am kind of feeling the same way.

King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback

Like others, I am reserving judgement on this one until I've seen some of the product.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove

Out of all the recent redesigns of He-Man this is one stands out head and shoulders
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

This is what Jerry from PCS had to say about it:

What Sideshow is doing is so very different than what we are doing so Im not sure it has any effect on us.

Sideshows are basically their own interpretations of the characters. Im sure they will be cool, but if a collector wants a statue that really looks like the character they grew up with then ours is a better fit.

Ive known about it for a while.

*My iTrader Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    This is what Jerry from PCS had to say about it:
    Personally, I don't feel that more new redesigns are really necessary at this point. But I'm happy for those who want them.
    Awesome sticker included!

The more the merrier, but I'm not digging that image. Hopefully they do more than He-Man and Skeletor.
    PCS Filmation Collection:

Here is a pic:

*My iTrader Feedback

Thanks for the update and the pic!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Thanks for the update and the pic!
    You're welcome.

From the back, it looks pretty good. And based on the hair he doesn't look as old (as compared to the art). Can't wait to see more.

*My iTrader Feedback

That's some great artwork. I don't mind the changes I'm seeing so far, although I'm not too keen on his face.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Loving all this licence stuff we're getting all of a sudden

I'm all for new interpretations, so looking forward to this. that sneak peak looks very cool.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

LOVE that skull armor!!

*My iTrader Feedback

That does look amazing! A million times better than the DC52 He-Man, I mean for one thing he actually looks like a barbarian/fantasy warrior!
    Might be out my price range though, isn't the Sideshow stuff meant to be really expensive?
    I'm so glad to see MOTU getting some mainstream exposure from a company like Sideshow. I really thing this will be good for the brand.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    That does look amazing! A million times better than the DC52 He-Man, I mean for one thing he actually looks like a barbarian/fantasy warrior!
    Might be out my price range though, isn't the Sideshow stuff meant to be really expensive?
    I'm so glad to see MOTU getting some mainstream exposure from a company like Sideshow. I really thing this will be good for the brand.
    I have heard a lot of people speak about their high prices over the years, but I personally have never bought anything from Sideshow until today (Beast Man bust by Tweeterhead).

*My iTrader Feedback

I'm glad to see the MOTU brand getting more attention outside of Mattel. (Interesting how this is all happening post Scott)
    The design of this He-Man is just not for me. The skull is far too much, they are going to dark and gritty. I'll stick with the awesome Pop Culture Shock Filmation statues
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I'm a fan of the man behind the design, and really interested to see where this goes. This kind of He-Man is right up my alley. Can't wait to see Skeletor!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    By the Ancients!!!! Now this is the REAL He-Man!!! Not the Filmation pretty boy in furry shorts, but a battle hardened, and more mature, Barbarian Warrior! And i love the references in his armor, from the various and different parts of the rich MOTU mythology! The Classic Iron Cross, symbol of He-Man, the Skull shoulder armor, symbol of Castle Grayskull, and the winged armor of the boots, symbol of Zoar the Eternian deity (and nice nod to She-Ra's winged tiara)! Overall i m really impressed! One of the best sculpted and more realistic statues of He-Man, that i' ve ever seen!

Ah and this Sword of Power is fantastic!!! If they ever made a MOTU movie this is how He-Man and the Power Sword should look (and please NO Prince Adam)!
    Last edited by granamyr80; June 30, 2015 at 04:02pm.

I love it so far! This really clicked with me as soon as I saw it.

The outfit, to me, is a very functional interpretation of the vintage design. It just has more details and design tweaks to enhance the look and make it look like actual armor that someone might wear.

I really could see this on the big screen. And I was previously against bare thighs for a movie.

Plus, the skull shoulder piece connected with me right away as well. Castle Grayskull is a big skull-faced castle, after all. I find having a skull on the shoulder to be a direct tie to that.

Yeah I love the skull shoulder armor!!! Now I just need to see the face.

*My iTrader Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Buried where neither man nor demon would want to look
    More MOTU statues? Easy pass.
    It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big.