Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Same creative team of the mini...same crap...I quit.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovrς pur campare...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Is the world ready for Battle Bikini She-Ra?
    LOL. I'm not ready... unless it's this bikini and we get her figure in Classics.

One brief appearance of this look is enough, though.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'm absolutely thrilled by the artwork. I would have preferred the power harness without those hideous shackless, but other than that I'm very pleased with how He-Man is portrayed, especially his long, flowing manes ... brilliant !!! I do prefer my Teela to be blond as well, but the curves are somewhat easing the pain

Quote Originally Posted by danbrenus View Post
    The artists too ? Darn, because of the released image I was under the impression that Ed Benes was going to draw them. He's they guy from Thundercats: The Return, on which he did marvellous job.

But indeed, it's disappointing that they kept Keith Giffen. Mike Costa did a much better job on the digital comics, in my honest opinion.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Im wrapped, so excited to see that the series is continuing beyond the mini series and for She-Ra to b in it is just outstanding and about time. I cant wait and hope we do get a spin off She-ra series!!!
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danbrenus View Post
    The artist was Phillip Tan. This time, it's the artist of the Battle Cat digital comic Pop Mhan.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Yep, which is better, but not enough for me to overlook the tavestry this miniseries is.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovrς pur campare...

I haven't enjoyed the comic so far but foolishly will buy this ongoing for a while to see if it gets better as I hope it will. Teela needs to put some clothes on, she's going to catch cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I haven't enjoyed the comic so far but foolishly will buy this ongoing for a while to see if it gets better as I hope it will. Teela needs to put some clothes on, she's going to catch cold.
    No one catches cold on Eternia. Look at Vikor, He-Man of the North and Ice Armor He-Man. Half naked men in the snow and ice.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

@ Paul Justice..Pretty sure your local comic shop has 1 or 2 in the vault, maybe.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I'm digging the artwork...Teela's appearance is almost "Witchblade-esque." Definitely would buy a DC comics version figure sub if it were ever available!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The artist was Phillip Tan. This time, it's the artist of the Battle Cat digital comic Pop Mhan.
    Pop drew most of issues 4 and 5 of the regular series - and the Man-At-Arms digital comic.

Jheremy Raapack drew the Battle Cat issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Pop drew most of issues 4 and 5 of the regular series - and the Man-At-Arms digital comic.

Jheremy Raapack drew the Battle Cat issue.
    OH! Oooops! Thanks BCI Guy!

After this image, I feel an Ed Benes Teela one shot special is in order. Let's start hounding DC
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

I'm pretty excited about this; I've liked all the DC stuff so far and am eager to further explore their version if Eternia.

And if I hadn't been already, I would have just fallen in love with Teela.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Woohoo!!!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I love that it will be an ongoing. I hope they continue the digital comics as well.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

This is great news. I also want a Despara figure to add to my collection.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Ah, new reading stuff to continue this year's spring. Sounds good! But Despara`s/Adora's "uniform" looks like showing much skin. LOL
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

This is great news! It speaks to how well the MotU comics have been performing.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I've thought that the mini-series has been decent. The story was good (as long as the alternate reality type thing doesn't continue), and I prefer Pop Mhan's art to Phillip Tan's. I don't like the re-designs, though. They need to go back to the style that's worked for the past thirty years. However, I will keep buying the comics until they stray too far from what MotU is and should be. Too bad Dynamite or IDW isn't doing MotU. Both those companies have done fantastic jobs with classic characters (Red Sonja, John Carter, Flash Gordon, Voltron, and others from D.E. and Transformers, The Rocketeer, TMNT, Popeye and others from IDW), and have stayed very true to the roots of those characters.

As a side note, I haven't read the digital comics, as I prefer reading the comics physically. Has anyone heard if they'll be offered in a TPB at some point?
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

I just read issue 5 and I loved it. The image of He-Man was so epic because it has been built up so much. I'm liking the new story and take on MOTU. It's not throwing the history out and not making a new universe but simply altering it. The tone is just right IMO. 30 years have passed and a new iteration is necessary for this property to stay relevant. Cannot wait for April.

Teela looks so hot on that cover. I wish the figure were that sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Teela looks so hot on that cover. I wish the figure were that sexy.
    Agreed. I get all hot and bothered every time I look at it.

Jan 30 can't come soon enough! I'm ready for 6 to see where it's taking us! Hoping that's the cover for #7 honestly!

Court Magician
    ...Yeah, no. I gave up on the miniseries after issue 2, and the mini comics at Trap Jaw (done better by someone else...). Got the Despara one, but couldn't stand Costa's "I have to make this gritty by killing someone" take on this universe AFTER his G.I.Joe work at IDW. MOTU gathered it's HUGE fan base in the 80's by being FUN. Barbarian fun, cartoony fun, sci-fi fun, you name it. I'm in my 30's and I still like fun. This world is not fun to me. For those of you who like it, I hope this series lasts and you get to enjoy it for a long time, but it's just not for me.