Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brock_snyder View Post
    I wish Matty would release a figure of that cover version of Skeletor. Acala head, DB Skeletor feet, forearms and lion cloth..looks awesome
    And take up an SKU of a figure that we can make VERY easily? No thanks.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Court Magician
    I hope matty stays out of DC kitchen as much as possible. As for the comic sub I'll never sub anything that has the matty collector name on it or anything else for that matter.This was my first and last year subbing.
    I will support my local comic shop tho.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    Can anybody comment on arrival time and the condition on a comic sub??? I don't want late beat up comics, but for motu...well I'm a sucker.
    Exactly and having seen that comics come in a plastic and rather thinner card backing board, it's not 100% guaranteed. Many comic book collectors do not subscribe for such reasons and why you see it not being a very strong method of sales; even for the big publishers, although they still have this option.

My opinion it is a 50/50 gamble and as someone who prefers to have the comic in my hands to make sure of no damages, I will sadly pass on this. It would be nice if this was an extra perk for ordering the 2014 sub next year since it seems like it's only gonna be one issue....

As for the She-Ra cover.... at this point in the storyline, it really makes no sense! This should have been held until we finally get She-Ra as herself in the series as the cover as it would celebrate her return. I just think this particular marketing attempt is poorly executed.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; March 19, 2013 at 05:08pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Well...she doesn't have any new DC duds.

Great picture!
    That doesn't mean She-Ra won't see a re-design. He-Man and Skeletor on issue #1 looked like classic He-Man and Skeletor...until you opened up the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Oh cool! I hope they will eventually test out different looks/styles on the PoP gals.
    I agree.

Yep. Honestly, I don't want the PoP characters to be a near carbon-copy of their Filmation cartoon looks ALL-THE-TIME. A nod here and there is fine, but what would get me really excited, is if they started using the more fantasy-based toy line looks with added details or even gave the Filmation looks the 200X treatment (But so that the characters are still recognizable) or both.
    I also agree. Seeing Filmation designs again and again is boring (especially because of how plain they are, and the characters in this book have a LOT of detail going on. Having almost no detailing for PoP characters and ULTRA detailing on MOTU characters would not make sense visually). They also wouldn't make sense in this comic series because of how the writing, violence, etc. keeps hitting everyone over the head with the fact that this is NOT Filmation. It would be sending conflicting messages. The PoP characters deserve a re-design as much as the MOTU characters in the book received. I realize not all re-designs were well received (I don't really like Evil-Lyn or Hordak, for example)...but I still would like to FINALLY see a new design for the ladies after nearly 30 years. The Four Horsemen's 200X She-Ra art work on that poster thing looks amazing and I love her. I want to get excited like that again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    As for the She-Ra cover.... at this point in the storyline, it really makes no sense! This should have been held until we finally get She-Ra as herself in the series as the cover as it would celebrate her return. I just think this particular marketing attempt is poorly executed.
    I agree. I don't understand She-Ra on the cover when she's still evil. I really like the cover though....and HOORAY for Pink Swiftwind!!!

Also, just to throw it out there (sense a lot of people are talking about it), I'm not a huge fan of the new comics. Some are amazing (Despera's comic), but most seem to be mediocre at best. The main 6 issue series ranges from "okay" to downright terrible. I don't enjoy some of the instances of extreme violence in this series (EVERYTHING that happened to the Sorceress, including the scene with Skeletor and PART of her in the final issue), the treatment of women in this new comic (outside Shadow Weaver and Despera, all women are treated as sword fodder, cowardly or...umm...things to bed)...and the writing hasn't been the greatest (pacing issues aside). I hope it gets better, especially because She-Ra will be a part of it. I really hope this series isn't one of those that think killing characters to shock the audience = good story telling...or trying to jam-pack the issues full of guts (like the King Randor digital issue...I didn't like that one for MANY reasons). Either way, I'm ordering the comic subscription to support Despera/She-Ra.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 19, 2013 at 05:40pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Just ordered. First time I ordered a comic sub and the last paper sub I ordered would have been in early 2000 with Nintendo Power.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

ANYBODY getting any DC comics right now as a Subscriber? (Batman / Superman etc...) I would like to get a subscription, but I am not sure how they would survive in the postal system during delivery?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    ANYBODY getting any DC comics right now as a Subscriber? (Batman / Superman etc...) I would like to get a subscription, but I am not sure how they would survive in the postal system during delivery?
    They arrive polybagged with a white board (not heavy enough stock though) covering the comic cover. Now depending on your mail carrier and you very own mailbox; these things can factor in as to how your comic will arrive....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    The same thing happened to me and I don't want to put my credit card info again. I'm afraid they will charge me again.
    I don't know if it went through.
    Same thing just happened to me. Not sure what to do......

DC Comics Subscription question:

Do they charge tax? I'm confused. If you live in the US, it's $24.99 for 12 issues. If you live anywhere else in the world, you add $12 for shipping ($36.99). I get that part. I put my info in and got to a second page, and it says the total cost is $41.99. What the heck is that?

Now, in Ontario (where I'm from), tax is 13%...but that still doesn't add up. 13% on $36.99 would bring the total to: $41.80

So...seriously, what the heck? Also, seeing as this is coming from another country, how can they charge me Canadian taxes? I'm confused and I can't find a FAQ or anything about the comic subscriptions and how they work. DC has very little info on that page.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Hey guys, with the older comic subs if the series got cancelled during the run you had to choose another series to get for the rest of your sub, anyone know if thats still the case?

Hmmm...the link on Matty didn't work for me earlier in the day. My earlier post (1828) refers to me trying to purchase the comic sub directly via DC Comics when you click on their subscription button. It takes you here:

https://ssl.drgnetwork.com/ecom/dcc/...tisubs?org=dcc

MattyCollector's link takes you here:

https://ssl.drgnetwork.com/ecom/dcc/...HM&key=IYCHMMC

So...I just filled out the form on the Matty one...and after hitting "Send Order", it just refreshed the page, like others have reported! I don't think it worked.

Widget
    I think the link is working now, I tried to order before and no go. Just tried it again and it went through, with email confirmation.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Same thing just happened to me. Not sure what to do......
    It's working now. Go ahead you'll see that you won't get the same problem again.
    Its safe.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Thanks Mr. Bock

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    It's working now. Go ahead you'll see that you won't get the same problem again.
    Its safe.
    Awesome.

Anyone know how long the offer is valid?

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Save a buck or support my LCS????? I'm not a "collector", and I hardly ever go in for variant covers...I do like that She-Ra cover, and I was happy to support MVC variant covers {only missing a few) Gah. This is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Awesome.

Anyone know how long the offer is valid?
    when the above song ends.

Yep. Honestly, I don't want the PoP characters to be a near carbon-copy of their Filmation cartoon looks ALL-THE-TIME. A nod here and there is fine, but what would get me really excited, is if they started using the more fantasy-based toy line looks with added details or even gave the Filmation looks the 200X treatment (But so that the characters are still recognizable) or both.
    Exactly! Even in cases of extreme makeovers, retain the characters unique vintage quantities. I think Emiiano hit that right tone with his Sweet Bee concept.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...t-bee_full.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That doesn't mean She-Ra won't see a re-design. He-Man and Skeletor on issue #1 looked like classic He-Man and Skeletor...until you opened up the book.
    great point, and why do they do that? Because they know it's the most iconic design with full market recognition. the new looks? hell that could be anybody ;-)
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; March 20, 2013 at 12:19pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I just got my sub!

Figures just show up, now comics will just show up... Glorious!!! I loved the little bit o' nostalgia of signing up for a comic book subscription... Too cool!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Figures just show up, now comics will just show up...
    One less reason to leave the house. one or two more things and I can become a shut in!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Just ordered my comic sub as well. Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    One less reason to leave the house. one or two more things and I can become a shut in!
    Haha! I hear ya! lol.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Okay, I FINALLY got my order to work today! Interesting point of note:

- Clicking Mattel's link to the MOTU comic sub, I was charged 5% tax
    - Clicking DC's link to ALL their comic sub offerings, I would have been charged a little over 13% tax

So...go with Mattel's link, everybody!

Can we order more than one? I have 2 other guys that want sub. But can I just buy 3 of them at once?

Prefer the She-ra cover. The figure cover looks like a 80-90s toy promotion and nothing more. Sure the comic is that but it lacks any real feel of dynamic.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Alright I ordered my sub as well. I wonder if I'll get some kind of order confirmation. As Baena mentioned....figures & now MOTU comics showing up at my doorstep. Priceless....

The first two pages of April's issue #1 can be seen here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=44386

Do I see that correctly:
    On the very first page of the ongoing Masters comic, two kids/teenagers are getting killed?

If that's the case, then they just need to add a rape scene somewhere in the series, and the "DC Masters" have become exactly what bad fanfic writers envisioned for years as "He-Man for mature fans".
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; March 21, 2013 at 12:41pm.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

DC REVEALS FIRST PAGES FROM GIFFEN & MHAN'S "MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=44386
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG