Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

I finally got mine today. I was outside, so the mail lady handed it to me. It does come wrapped in plastic, and the "backing board" is white and feels about the same as construction paper does, so it still bends pretty easy. I had a few wrinkles and a bend in the corner of the comic, but it still came in decent quality.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I read it another time. I'm not a fan of the character design. It was the same with the 6 previous issues and the 2 one shots of the origins.
    The story is better of this new comics serie is better.
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

I finally got mine yesterday....I read through it and honestly, didn't see too much to complain about, other than Sorceress being dead....and Teela being a bit too *****y. I'll reserve my judgment though until the rest come and I read through. I also ordered the old 1-6 to read, just to have something to do, plus the Origin of He-Man. I'm not one for comics, but it does give me something to do when I am bored.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Mine arrived yesterday as well. It was in the mailbox completely flat with no folds/creases. I never read the previous mini series, so I'll have to pick those up as well. Not crazy for the character design either, but I'll keep reading and also reserve judgement.

Mine finally came in today.

Why bother placing a piece of paper for backer?

Yeah ! like it a lot !

that look reminds me of an unknown prince of asgard... dont know the name
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Don't subscribe! DC comics don't come with protected packages. I learned this the hard way when my subscription exclusive comic came in the mail today and it was all bent up and cracked! Called up and cancelled my subscription.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine was bent and folded down the middle...

I learned long ago that mailmen/mailwomen will bend anything they can if possible. Heck, I've had them bend stuff with cardboard backing that said "do not bend" on it. When I talked to a postmaster about it, he told me they are allowed to bend anything they want to. I got mine at the comic store.

I still haven't got mine yet!I figured they would have been shipped out when the comic retailers copies were shipped?
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Don't subscribe! DC comics don't come with protected packages. I learned this the hard way when my subscription exclusive comic came in the mail today and it was all bent up and cracked! Called up and cancelled my subscription.
    What do you expect from having it come through the standard mail system? The only way issues would come protected is if they were shipped in Fed Ex packaging and sometimes not even then. I had a shipment come to my house via UPS when I was a kid with a giant bootprint in the top of the box with the cover smashed in. Even then I found it hard to believe the UPS guy delivered it to me and my family with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I learned long ago that mailmen/mailwomen will bend anything they can if possible. Heck, I've had them bend stuff with cardboard backing that said "do not bend" on it. When I talked to a postmaster about it, he told me they are allowed to bend anything they want to. I got mine at the comic store.
    Hah, that they will. One of my family members has gotten photos in the mail in the cardboard envelopes that says in big red letters on the front 'DO NOT BEND!!!!' and they still come bent in half.

Since my local comic shop doesn't yet carry MOTU I just stick with the digitals and will wait until my local comic shop gets the print issues second hand. I already managed to find the first issue of the DC six issue mini-series there so the rest will show up eventually.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Hah, that they will. One of my family members has gotten photos in the mail in the cardboard envelopes that says in big red letters on the front 'DO NOT BEND!!!!' and they still come bent in half.
    My college diploma was sent to me in the mail. It came in one of those standard leather and cardboard diploma covers that have some actual heft to it. Because it was larger than my mailbox at the time, the mailman bent it over their knee with great strength, because it's essentially a hardcover book. Then, as it still would not fit, they pounded on the top of my metal mailbox until it bent to be wide enough to jam a folded case into.

As I said a few pages back (maybe several now). There isn't much in there to keep the comic from not taking some damage. Since most comic subscriptions are sent to you for or below cover cost I wouldn't expect them to send it they way online comic stores send stuff which is often in a box with lots of packaging to protect the item from taking any damage.

And Fragile just is French for play soccer with this box.

My mail people here will ring the bell if it doesn't fit in the mail box if it looks like we are home. Well two of the more regular ones we have.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Still eagerly anticipating Axel's involvement in these comics.

(No, this isn't an page from an upcoming issue. Just something he recently posted on his FB)

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

TOP 300 COMICS – April 2013 :

# 85 - 25,254 copies (printed version)

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/25659.html
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Wow! That artwork is amazing! Must have a Calyx figure now!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Still eagerly anticipating Axel's involvement in these comics.

(No, this isn't an page from an upcoming issue. Just something he recently posted on his FB)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...47083836_n.jpg
    I was JUST wondering about when we would see Axel's contribution yesterday! That, and wondering if Despera will beat the crap out of Teela in the next issue.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I was JUST wondering about when we would see Axel's contribution yesterday! That, and wondering if Despera will beat the crap out of Teela in the next issue.
    Oh - Despera killing off this deeply unpleasant version of Teela? Oh - PLEASE! And, while she's at it, she can have the head of this delinquent Adam who, supposedly a prince, banters his way through the memorial service of the poor redundant Sorceress. And, come to think of it, the head of the killer brute who purports to be He-Man, too.

But - best of all - I would dearly love to see Despera decapitate the team responsible for this whole perishing DC-inspired pile of junk which is setting the MotU cause back by years.

But what a triumph for DC; they have actually turned die-hard fans against our timeless Eternian heroes by stripping them of all redemptive qualities in favour of the usual "blood-and-banter" which seems to be all that DC can offer.

They must be very proud.

i just called my po to ask them not to put the comics and my sons dolly parton bookclub books in the mail box because they ruin them by bending, stuffing, and get soaked when it rains. they refused. told me to "fix my mail box" i hate my post office. they lose my mail. give me the wrong peoples mail, and the post master is just a b when i talk to her.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

I wonder if you can report your local postmaster to a higher authority. It sounds like the problem with your PO is at the top of the chain.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

i have fought and fought with them for years. i LOATHE my post office. and what's even worse, when they mess up, i have to either be late for work or take off early to go there because they don't open until after i get to work and close before i get off. i drive over 40 mins to work.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I wonder if you can report your local postmaster to a higher authority. It sounds like the problem with your PO is at the top of the chain.
    Yes, there are regional offices who monitor local post offices. The problem is finding their contact info. When my Man-E-Faces sat in the back room of my P.O. for 49 days, I had to go through my regional office in Phoenix to resolve the issue.

Not to blast any body cause I had this same problem years ago myself, but the solution is indeed to buy a bigger mailbox that can hold a medium package and large books and magazines. How come you guys don't get a new mailbox?
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    Not to blast any body cause I had this same problem years ago myself, but the solution is indeed to buy a bigger mailbox that can hold a medium package and large books and magazines. How come you guys don't get a new mailbox?
    That's not always the solution. For instance, my post office folds all my magazines in half. Even expensive $15 ones from Australia. And it happens during the sorting at the actual post office, not at the mailbox. I did call them about the folding, though, and it got better. I was nice about it, so they were nice about it.