Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I just get the digitals. Saves me the hassle of hunting or subscribing. In the long run, I figure since my local comic shop(which DOESN'T carry MOTU) had the first issue of the He-Man six issue mini-series in it's cache of back issues of other comics, I'll just get the printed editions then. Right now, I just want to follow the story without having to wait.
    Nah, if a comic is worth reading, I want the hard copy. I'll keep an eye out for the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Got an email from DC today. They say they have cancelled my sub and will be refunding my money.
    I canceled my DC subscription and got a full refund as well. I'll gladly pay a bit more for my comics in order to get them delivered properly bagged and boarded.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I canceled my DC subscription and got a full refund as well. I'll gladly pay a bit more for my comics in order to get them delivered properly bagged and boarded.
    I'd gladly pay double to have GOOD ones!

I ordered my sub on April 10 and I haven't received Issue #1 or Issue #2 yet. The only thing I received was the email confirming my Subscription but with next to no information on it (not even an Order Number!). I replied to the email several days ago and haven't received any word from Customer Service. This is getting WAY BEYOND ridiculous.

Yeah, I also haven't gotten anything yet. I'm starting to lose interest in the comic...I got the subscription so that I wouldn't have to hunt around for these issues. In the worse case, I'll cancel my subscription and wait for the trade paperback.
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    I'd gladly pay double to have GOOD ones!
    I would too, but I'm afraid it's not going to happen under Giffen's direction, especially with Mattel breathing down his neck.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    I ordered my sub on April 10 and I haven't received Issue #1 or Issue #2 yet. The only thing I received was the email confirming my Subscription but with next to no information on it (not even an Order Number!). I replied to the email several days ago and haven't received any word from Customer Service. This is getting WAY BEYOND ridiculous.
    I received my #2 today in the mail.But still haven't got my #1 and probably never will.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICER View Post
    I received my #2 today in the mail.But still haven't got my #1 and probably never will.
    Same here. Got #2 and was not impressed with the bag treatment. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Same here. Got #2 and was not impressed with the bag treatment. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
    Sounds like they will receive quite a few calls tomorrow -- I got #2 in the mail today, wondering where #1 is.

I hope they can make this up to us

I, too, am still waiting for Issue #2 to arrive....
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Issue #2 arrived yesterday and it was nice and flat.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Don't know if this has been posted yet.

He-man came in at #85 for April for its first issue with estimated 25,254 sales. Looking at the recent history of the comic. MOTU comics have been struggling to stay within the top 100. Not necessarily a bad thing considering other DC titles are doing the same and they've been around much longer, ie Suicide squad, superboy, green arrow, to name a few.

Here's a complete list of comics for month of april.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...3/2013-04.html

With the exception of the Origin of He-man one shot, I really like the new motu comics. I think the upcoming crossover will definitely help MOTU reach more readers.

I received issue #2 on Monday, but no issue #1 yet. I called DC subscription customer service and they told me that #1 was mailed out to me around the same time as #2. They said that if I didn't receive it by June 17 to call back and they would consider it lost and do something about it then. I signed up on April 15, issue #1 was released on April 17, and the cut-off date for the exclusive cover according to Mattel was April 21.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet.

He-man came in at #85 for April for its first issue with estimated 25,254 sales. Looking at the recent history of the comic. MOTU comics have been struggling to stay within the top 100. Not necessarily a bad thing considering other DC titles are doing the same and they've been around much longer, ie Suicide squad, superboy, green arrow, to name a few.

Here's a complete list of comics for month of april.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...3/2013-04.html

With the exception of the Origin of He-man one shot, I really like the new motu comics. I think the upcoming crossover will definitely help MOTU reach more readers.
    It's been posted earlier. MOTU isn't going to be at the top 20, like Batman and Wolverine are. I don't think MOTU is held at the same standards as the other New 52 titles are.
    It is beating TMNT, Transformers, G.I. Joe and Ghostbusters. The only title it isn't beating is My Little Pony.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

MLP is ridiculously popular. Why? I'll never know.

It could possibly be a top 20 title, but needs a little bit more. Its 200x comic was at some point I believe, but it had a cartoon and toys at retail available to help it along. I guess time will tell. Glad its ahead of the other 80's franchises as well.

As far as sales look at the numbers not the placement, 20,000-12,500 is where MOTU usually sits.

25,254 is hardly a bad number, there are other more successful comics that don't even come close to that so you have to put your expectations in line with reality
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    Just got #2 but still no #1.

Heroic Warrior
    MOTU is not a New 52 title, so is probably held to different standards.

I'm not sure if #85 is really a great place to start though, considering #1 issues tend to have inflated numbers. It's not really fair to compare to mid-run issues of Transformers, etc.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's been posted earlier. MOTU isn't going to be at the top 20, like Batman and Wolverine are. I don't think MOTU is held at the same standards as the other New 52 titles are.
    It is beating TMNT, Transformers, G.I. Joe and Ghostbusters. The only title it isn't beating is My Little Pony.
    Whether this MotU beats a number of other 80s franchises is of zero relevance to DC's bankers; what they care about - and what DC should care about - is sales; and these are not meeting the targets set; not by some way.

The sudden and unscheduled shift to the crossover (which will do better - for patently obvious reasons) mentioned by Giffen in the interview shows beyond all doubt that panic has set in.
    I'm not surprised; not only are these comics of a dam' poor standard, but DC has form in sudden shifts of direction - and also well-publicized management problems. Pressure from lenders ALWAYS tells.

Perhaps if they'd thought harder about the team assembled to create this - and given it over to those who knew (and cared) more about MotU - then the comics would have been a success - which is, after all - what we ALL want.

- - - Updated - - -

MLP is ridiculously popular. Why? I'll never know.

It could possibly be a top 20 title, but needs a little bit more. Its 200x comic was at some point I believe, but it had a cartoon and toys at retail available to help it along. I guess time will tell. Glad its ahead of the other 80's franchises as well.
    I believe that you are right; the MVC comics accompanying the 200x were very popular indeed - usually within the top twenty titles.
    Yes - they had a cartoon and current marketing to help; but they ALSO had a really talented writer, several amazing artists, an internally consistent vision of Eternia, strong and believable characterization - and a gripping narrative.
    Hence its success at the time and enduring appeal.

I doubt that even the most charitably-inclined would describe the current DC MotU-lite output in those terms.

Will people speak of them with affection ten years on? Well I wonder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    MOTU is not a New 52 title, so is probably held to different standards.

I'm not sure if #85 is really a great place to start though, considering #1 issues tend to have inflated numbers. It's not really fair to compare to mid-run issues of Transformers, etc.
    Exactly. And DC don't treat it as a New 52; at least not yet.....

Looked up the sales on the image comics and they were selling around 100,000. So yeah they were way more popular but also more accessible to the masses. I can't comment on quality as I haven't really read the older comics, just starting to buy a few here and there now.

As for the current, its a really good comic if not compared to vintage or old cannons, etc. It needs to be seen as something new, though thats really hard for most people.

I think if we never had memories of motu and this was brand new, then the criticism would be completely different. But thats just my opinion. I love seeing changes in storylines we are used to.

And yeah, motu is not part of the new 52 and wish people would quit calling it that.

Anyway, can't wait for more.

Heroic Warrior
    Looked up the sales on the image comics and they were selling around 100,000. So yeah they were way more popular but also more accessible to the masses. I can't comment on quality as I haven't really read the older comics, just starting to buy a few here and there now.

As for the current, its a really good comic if not compared to vintage or old cannons, etc. It needs to be seen as something new, though thats really hard for most people.

I think if we never had memories of motu and this was brand new, then the criticism would be completely different. But thats just my opinion. I love seeing changes in storylines we are used to.

And yeah, motu is not part of the new 52 and wish people would quit calling it that.

Anyway, can't wait for more.

The MVC/Image are all here on site - take a look! http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...35&image=23195

You're right of course; the past memories of MotU inevitably impact on any new efforts and we would think more highly of the new series - perhaps - if the basis of comparison weren't there.

But the problem is that it IS there - and, to many of us - the DC comics come off very badly indeed when compared. It's the very poor quality of the writing and characterization that is chiefly to blame; the heroes just aren't likeable or sufficiently well-defined as being good for us to care whether they win or not. And the whole vision is flawed - and really very immature.

It's well-nigh impossible to take an iconic brand like this and expect people not to have expectations about it; it could have worked - in the hands of a far better and more simpatico creative team - but this hasn't happened - and it shows.
    If it can't appeal to sufficient of the established fan base then it relies heavily on bringing in new adherents to replace them; and - so far at least - that is not happening.

It's a real pity; we all want MotU to succeed; but this really isn't the right way to go about it.

Anyway; I'm sure that you will enjoy the MVC vision of Eternia; it had an appeal and internal consistency - allied to excellent storytelling - which has made it endure.

Just for those of you who want to contact them (by e-mail), here is the e-mail you can write them :

Customer_Service(at)DC-Comics.us (replace (at) by @)

By Phone : 1-800-887-6789

The subscription webpage :

https://ssl.drgnetwork.com/ecom/dcc/...e/dccmultisubs

Hope this may help those of you who have a problem with their subscriptions
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

Got Issue #2 in the mail yesterday. It was beat the heck up, but thankfully I am not a comic collector.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Looked up the sales on the image comics and they were selling around 100,000.
    Times have changed, now just 4 or 5 titles in excess of 100,000 copies per month.

25.000/15.000 copies is a good number for a non-traditional comic brand and especially for a small brand like MOTU.
    I think motu will be in that average and luckily we have these comics for a long time.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Yeah anybody here trying to compare the past runs of MOTU is going about it wrong as the industry has changed a great deal

A fair comparison would be to look at the sales of the recent DC MOTU Mini-Series, that is your baseline for success and that ranged between 12,500-25,000. That was the level they expect when they launched the series, so sales of #1 are in line and will probably go down some before settling at the baseline.

Comparing it to a New 52 title or any of the top tier Marvel or DC comics is seriously not understanding how the comic industry works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    Whether this MotU beats a number of other 80s franchises is of zero relevance to DC's bankers; what they care about - and what DC should care about - is sales; and these are not meeting the targets set; not by some way.

The sudden and unscheduled shift to the crossover (which will do better - for patently obvious reasons) mentioned by Giffen in the interview shows beyond all doubt that panic has set in.
    You have no idea what you are talking about, the crossover was announced and in the planning stages long before the Sales of #1 would have been reviewed and looked at.

Panic has not set in, if it did they would cancel the series not risk lumping it together with their main heroes. In the comic industry you don't throw good money after bad, comics get outright canceled all the time without finishing their arcs or ending properly due to sales.

You are blatently ignoring the entire DC run of MOTU that came before the regular series, nobody at DC is expecting 50,000-100,000 copies of the comic to sell as it would have done so in the mini-series first.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback