Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

You have no idea what you are talking about, the crossover was announced and in the planning stages long before the Sales of #1 would have been reviewed and looked at.

Panic has not set in, if it did they would cancel the series not risk lumping it together with their main heroes. In the comic industry you don't throw good money after bad, comics get outright canceled all the time without finishing their arcs or ending properly due to sales.

You are blatently ignoring the entire DC run of MOTU that came before the regular series, nobody at DC is expecting 50,000-100,000 copies of the comic to sell as it would have done so in the mini-series first.
    Great post, You're right beyond it's not necessary or explain.
    The problem is some fans want to show these comics are a failure because they don't like, and also try to demonstrate their personal opinions are the general reception of these comics, impossible to prove that. The only reality is motu has an ongoing series because the satisfactory numbers of the previous issues.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

The first issue came in my mail damaged. I cancelled my subscription over the phone on the same day it arrived. Yesterday I received issue #2, again with no protective cardboard backing to prevent it from being damaged. I called again to cancel my subscription again. DC will refund me the cost of one of the issues but not the other one. The refund will come in the form of a check mailed to me in 4-6 weeks.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    Whether this MotU beats a number of other 80s franchises is of zero relevance to DC's bankers; what they care about - and what DC should care about - is sales; and these are not meeting the targets set; not by some way.
    As part of my job I deal with companies in several countries. One of the things I have come to appreciate is that sales targets from some companies (most commonly those located in North American and the UK) can appear to be set higher than are likely to be achieved. One of the reasons for this appears to be that bonuses to managers and the ordinary staff are minimised unless sales are really outstanding. On the other hand targets for directors, chairmen and CEOs can sometimes appear to be set low, which has the effect of making it easier to justify receiving a bonus……………
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Yeah, it is getting a bit tiring with certain posters pushing their views as facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    As far as sales look at the numbers not the placement, 20,000-12,500 is where MOTU usually sits.

25,254 is hardly a bad number, there are other more successful comics that don't even come close to that so you have to put your expectations in line with reality
    I'm sorry but 25,000 is NOT a good number. Titles under 20K get cancelled all the time. There is a drop off from the beginning of a title, and this comic does not have much room to fall.

TMNT is almost always in the 15K-20K range every month and they have a micro series spin-off and have been going for 21 issues with an upcoming 6 issue story arc. It's IDW and not DC, but I highly doubt DC would have ever done this ongoing MOTU series if the mini series didn't have good enough sales.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I'm sorry but 25,000 is NOT a good number. Titles under 20K get cancelled all the time. There is a drop off from the beginning of a title, and this comic does not have much room to fall.
    Nope,there are several titles surviving on less than 20,000 copies, including TMNT or MOTU , that is according to expectations of the companies,
    for Batman it's really bad for a non-traditional comic brand it's good.

*we must not forget that sales are only in format print, there is another part of the market, the digitals sales,where motu works well, so sales are higher to 25,000.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; May 23, 2013 at 11:43pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think those are the New 52 titles. MOTU isn't part of the New 52 DC Universe (even the crossover isn't in the same canon), so it might not need to hit the same numbers.
    Besides, you think they would have made MOTU an ongoing series AND started a crossover with the DC heroes if it wasn't successful?

When books fail, you cancel them. Not make more of them.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Nope,there are several titles surviving on less than 20,000 copies, including TMNT or MOTU , that is according to expectations of the companies,
    for Batman it's really bad for a non-traditional comic brand it's good.

*we must not forget that sales are only in format print, there is another part of the market, the digitals sales,where motu works well, so sales are higher to 25,000.
    TMNT is not DC.

Look, I'm not trying to be negative. I'm sure DC believes in the series and is hoping to boost things with the crossover, but the numbers are NOT good for a beginning. They have some work to do to sell MOTU to a fanbase which doesn't know it's interested yet.
    Last edited by No-Ah; May 24, 2013 at 02:35am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    When books fail, you cancel them. Not make more of them.
    This.

DC is working hard at trying to find anything that works right now. I REALLY don't think that MOTU get the same kind of slack they'll give something like Hawkman or Aquaman...

UNLESS... Mattel has them roped into somekind of restrictions. If DC had to pay a decent amount of money to get the license... they may string it along for longer then they would one of their own properties...

As heavy-eternium has already stated, that sales figure is only based on the print version that comic shops ordered. Digital sales are not included. And I suspect the subscription numbers weren't either.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got an email saying my issue 1 and issue 2 should be with me in 6-8 weeks, only 3 more to go

If they come battered up, I'm cancelling my sub. Issues 1 and 2 are sitting nicely in pristine condition in my local comic store, I'll just get them from there and they usually have them in 3-4 days after release date too.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Today I received both Issue #1 and Issue #2 of the Ongoing Comic, from DC Comics' subscription.
    My order was made on April 15th.

Luckily they came in good condition.

Received my first issue today... issue number two. Has anyone who received 2 first had 1 show up next yet.

Im getting no love from matty this month.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Received my #2 today. And based on these two issues, I'd say it takes a little over a week these to get me from the date of release.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Yeah, it is getting a bit tiring with certain posters pushing their views as facts.
    Heh, at least the hatred for the new comic has changed from the content to the DC subscription practices. A change for the positive so fans are no longer arguing about either loving or hating the new comic's storylines in this thread.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I ordered my sub the very last day offered, and just got number two today. Of course still waiting for number one like every one else. Don't know why they couldn't have shipped them together and save themselves shipping.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    Received my first issue today... issue number two. Has anyone who received 2 first had 1 show up next yet.

Im getting no love from matty this month.
    I received issue 2 first myself.I am also wondering if I'll get issue 1.I should have done what I did with the last series and purchased them through my local comic book store.No cardboard backing either.

Received my issue 2 last Friday.

I really hope the DCU VS MOTU Comics will be better (graphic style most of all)
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

The origin of Hordak comic comes out tomorrow, is there any preview ?
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    The origin of Hordak comic comes out tomorrow, is there any preview ?
    According to DC Comics site, it's been delayed till June 12th.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-the-origin-of

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Snappy Threader
    Received #2 last week, but just got #1 Saturday. I have to say, I really liked both issues. It had me wanting more at the end. So far so good. Sure it's a bit different from what we are used to, but I like it so far.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post

- Joni -
    I was wondering if it had been delayed. Thanks for the update!

I was surprised that I got my May comic already, I actually got it, last Friday....I was amazed since the last one didn't arrive for almost 2 weeks after the fact. I am actually alright so far with the overall direction of the comic, which surprised me....looking forward to #3.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post

- Joni -
    Thanks for the update!
    MOTULA.ORG