Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

October solicitations

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #7
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art by RAFAEL KAYANAN
    Cover by YILDIRAY CINAR
    On sale OCTOBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    A new adventure begins here! With Eternia still occupied by the Horde, He-Man and King Randor lead a small group of Masters on a quest to find the one object that might free Eternia! Join the new creative team of Dan Abnett and Drew Johnson as they take He-Man and the Masters of the Universe into their next great chapter!

DC UNIVERSE VS. THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #3
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN
    Art by DEXTER SOY
    Cover by ED BENES
    On sale OCTOBER 23 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T
    After the shocking ending to issue #2, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe find themselves hunted by the Justice League. In the midst of the chaos, Skeletor’s plan moves into its next, dangerous phase!

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

The Teela-At-Arms look isn't half bad, really.

By the Ancients !!! Giffen is gone

And with Dan Abnett in the game, things might shape up for Eternia after all
    I sure hope he sends the Ironman-armour back to the pits from whence it came, along with that dreadful new Horde-sword or whatever it is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The Teela-At-Arms look isn't half bad, really.
    I don't think it's an improvement at all. DC should have stripped He-Man of his armour instead of covering up Teela. They are both supposed to be scantily clad barbarians, not teenagers tinned in fur adorned robot-suits.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Love Stratos and Teela's looks.

All I have to say about the new Teela is... gah! Trap-Jaw thighs!
    She looks better from the neck up, but I guess I don't get why once again we're doing new armor for everybody when their "old" armor isn't all that old in this comic series.
    Also- 7 issues into the regular series and still no mention of She-Ra. Why do I get the feeling like He-Man is going to off Despera and that there won't be a She-Ra in this new continuity? I was hoping by issue 7 it would sort of wrap up and we'd get some spin-off She-Ra comic of some sort.
    Eh, I don't know...
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I guess the comics might bend to fan pressure. First Teela gets her hair changed from blonde to red, now she's got a full costume.

All we need to do now is to complain harder to get the original costumes back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    By the Ancients !!! Giffen is gone

And with Dan Abnett in the game, things might shape up for Eternia after all
    I sure hope he sends the Ironman-armour back to the pits from whence it came, along with that dreadful new Horde-sword or whatever it is supposed to be.
    This will make Scriptor's day!

I don't think it's an improvement at all. DC should have stripped He-Man of his armour instead of covering up Teela. They are both supposed to be scantily clad barbarians, not teenagers tinned in fur adorned robot-suits.
    Agreed.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This will make Scriptor's day!

Truer words were never spoken ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Wait...now I'm hoping that nothing bad happens to MAA during the Horde Invasion. If TG wanted the Sorceress killed off in the comics, he might want MAA killed off there too.

Only in the strange universe of He-Man fans Giffen is a bad writer.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Also- 7 issues into the regular series and still no mention of She-Ra. Why do I get the feeling like He-Man is going to off Despera and that there won't be a She-Ra in this new continuity? I was hoping by issue 7 it would sort of wrap up and we'd get some spin-off She-Ra comic of some sort.
    Eh, I don't know...

I'm sure we'll see She-Ra in this new arc because the Horde is involved in all this once again.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Love the new teela at arms. Personally I love the armored looks. He-man hasn't been a straight barbarian since the minicomics (even if filmation kept that look intact). It seems to fit that they reflect the medieval merged with tech look that the brand embraces. Yes we lose his barbarian shorts but again when was the last time he truly was a barbarian? And Teela being a captain of the guard wouldn't need to look barbarian either.

Teela looks like Marvel Girl/Phoenix from the X-Men (just the color sheme) and is the new Girl-at-Arms and Stratos reminds me a lot of the Vulture.
    Still not a fan of these comics... wich is good, i save little money.

If not only Teela, but Randor also, are both dressing like her dad on the cover of #7, I'm guessing MAA is dead by this point.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Wait, written by Dan Abnett? HELL YES! I can try it out again. One of my favorite writers, really.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    October solicitations
    Oh, how hot Teela looks in her new suit. Wonder Woman looks pretty good too.

She-Ra probably hasn't been mentioned in any descriptions for the books yet since we've been getting descriptions of these issues months in advance.

http://www.dccomics.com/sites/defaul...?itok=N9SZXP0t

^------ She-Ra appears on the cover of the upcoming #5 with Despera/Adora becoming She-Ra at the end of #5 or embracing it by #6. After all, I'm pretty sure this six issue arc is supposed to be about her finding her origins.

I'm fine with all of the new armors. Keeps bringing the new feeling I've been enjoying with this book.........although I don't mind Teela's typical look introduced when the book started.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    Love the new teela at arms. Personally I love the armored looks. He-man hasn't been a straight barbarian since the minicomics (even if filmation kept that look intact). It seems to fit that they reflect the medieval merged with tech look that the brand embraces. Yes we lose his barbarian shorts but again when was the last time he truly was a barbarian? And Teela being a captain of the guard wouldn't need to look barbarian either.
    The whole barbarian motif is part of He-Man's very recognizable brand identity (furry boots and loincloths that everyone seems to be wearing). I think Filmation and MYP simply skirted over the issue by having the furry clothing as a part of Eternian culture, not necessarily defined as everyone was actually barbaric and killed some beast for clothing. It's sort of similar to everyone being naked except for adornments in the Barsoom/Princess of Mars books. This is simply how their culture looks.

These new armours just do not feel very Eternian to me. Its like they just try to make them look more like DC superheroes. I bet they add the high collars.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I bet they add the high collars.
    They already did that. You can see them on the #1 cover of DC vs MOTU that was revealed couple months back.

New He-Man costume reminds me more and more of the Battle armor. I want the new version of the power sword.

I prefer scantily clad Teela
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Wow, the new look for Teela reminds me of Mera (Aquaman't Wife). So far as much as I've tried I really haven't enjoyed this new series. The characters have no heart and are kind of boring/cold. I hope this new writer brings some life/excitement to this title.

Dan Abnett OMG that is amazing. If you guys have not read Horus Rising or other works by Dan you are missing some of the best science fiction in the past 30 years
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Dan Abnett OMG that is amazing. If you guys have not read Horus Rising or other works by Dan you are missing some of the best science fiction in the past 30 years
    Yes! Absolutely agreed!
    I don't believe that I've ever read any comics written by him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    By the Ancients !!! Giffen is gone .
    He is writing the DC vs. MOTU comics. And I like him. I think people are wrong about him

Who knows? With Dan Abnett around, maybe Teela won't be such a (censored) in the guise of a heroine.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Warrior
    Still lame designs, that's not MOTU for me. Give me back the true 80's Masters!

Heroic Warrior
    I like Teela's armored look. Looks like there is another variant to add to the list.