Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Mattel tried to change He-Man's 'iconic' look once before during the 'New Adventures' era. He-Man's look has changed before, it'll change again and probably change again after that. It'd be different if Mattel was trying to change He-Man into some 'Lobo-esque' character with chains and hooks and knives coming out of every gauntlet and boot.

The DC armor seems to adhere to the standards of look that He-Man has been through before. OMG! HE HAS PANTS! That's happened before too, during the NA era. Pants or no pants, it's still He-Man.

New 52 isn't going to last forever just like He-Man's new armor isn't either. There was a time when the snake armor look was going to be He-Man's 'default' look and that barely lasted a year, excluding the fact that the 200x cartoon and toyline died at that time. It's a change that'll be around for awhile, but not forever. The classic look of He-Man is the true 'default' look of He-Man because it is the most remembered by fans just like the old suit with the red trunks is the 'default' for Superman. I just don't see the need for the anger. It does nothing but get people riled up for no productive reason.
    Some people didn't like New Adventures and felt that it was too much of a departure.

I think fans hoped and expected Mattel to use the Classic designs in any new comic.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I've re-subscribed to comics for this series But if this keeps up I'm gone again the art for the most part sucks. Mhan can draw just not when it counts. I can except story changes and uniform changes but it is getting a bit much the story needs to move better as well. It's bad enough that its so far off base But then it takes six issues to get any where.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yeahh ! Axel Gimenez involved on the art !

congratulations Axel!
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; July 12, 2013 at 05:29pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That preview looks SO good! The first three pages had me tearing up. The next two are great too! Besides the inevitable, horrible Iron-Man costume, I think this issue might be great from start to finish! Teela and Despera look gorgeous in those pages, as well! Happy with everything shown there.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Yeahh ! Axel Gimenez involved on the art and I definitely think his art are on the 3 first pages . !

congratulations Axel!
    Those pages you mentioned are by Pop Mhan.

But just wait for the end-pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Those pages are by Pop Mhan.
    Yes, I know, the problem was that I'm seeing from a cell phone + my poor eyes + my emotion + I knew his art was in Despara/Teela pages= I did post that

anyway those pages by POP Mhan look much more elaborate and different ,I think.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; July 12, 2013 at 05:41pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I just realized something.
    DC is doing the MOTU comics.
    DC is owned by Warner Bros.
    Warner Bros. also owns Thundercats
    They could be giving us a MOTU/Thundercats crossover and they're just sitting on it! It's only like, the one crossover children of the 80s have been dying to see and they're SITTING ON IT! D:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider1227 View Post
    They could be giving us a MOTU/Thundercats crossover and they're just sitting on it! It's only like, the one crossover children of the 80s have been dying to see and they're SITTING ON IT! D:
    MOTU / Thundercats almost happened during 2002 comics' run.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider1227 View Post
    Mattel probably won't let them. : P Definitely sucks that it hasn't happened yet, since Thundercats and MOTU have always complimented each other.

?! How can a preview be available this soon?! The next book's release is still weeks away. I wish DC would make this a weekly book in it's 'digital firsts'.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Mattel probably won't let them. : P Definitely sucks that it hasn't happened yet, since Thundercats and MOTU have always complimented each other.

?! How can a preview be available this soon?! The next book's release is still weeks away. I wish DC would make this a weekly book in it's 'digital firsts'.
    Actually issue #4 comes out on Wednesday July 17.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Looking at the cover to issue#4 it appears He-Man going to be in need of some medical attention soon. He’s holding the hilt of the power sword tightly and it looks awfully sharp!

Also, the jail holding Teela is 'magical'. In the first image we see Teela the spacing between the bars appears large enough for Teela to squeeze through and escape while in the later close-up shots the spacing is a lot less – it’s as if some new bars have magically materialised!

I love these comics!

Will be interesting to see how both Despara/She-Ra & Teela and Despara/She-Ra & He-Man relationships develop over the next few issues.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

So, is Teela crying because Adora loved her like a sister or because she only loved her like a sister?

OK, I know what they wanted to do there, but it didn't work for me and seemed rather funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

OK, I know what they wanted to do there, but it didn't work for me and seemed rather funny...

Well, they DID strip Teela of her costume. That had to be fun...

Heroic Warrior
    Ah - a sapphic She-Ra.... Well, THAT would put a whole new complexion on the steady stream of tropes, now, wouldn't it?

(It needed only this!)
    Last edited by Scriptor; July 13, 2013 at 07:50am.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    As much as I detest these new outfit designs, the biggest affront to my aesthetic sensibilities right now is what they've done to the Power Sword.

DC...Mattel...whomEVER is responsible.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Actually issue #4 comes out on Wednesday July 17.
    !! Wow, I didn't know the time has passed that quickly since issue 3. : P I have something to look forward to for Wednesday.
    (Hordak Alpha))

I have had some fun with the preview pages and behold: THE shocking REVELATION OF THE NEXT PAGE! WHAT IS HE-MAN LOOKING AT?
    check my thread here
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...45#post3285645

I'm really liking this new comic-run. The preview for the next issue is awesome as well.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    MOTU / Thundercats almost happened during 2002 comics' run.
    Can't believe I missed this one. How did it almost happen and why didn't it??
    (Hordak Alpha))

I missed the first six issue miniseries, but I may pick up the trade when it comes out. This series has been mostly pretty good.
    I do have a couple of nitpicks though.

1) As I've said in other threads, I'm surprised at the gore level in this. Issue 2, and 6 especially
    have a lot. That's not to say I'm some sort of Jack Thompson sympathizer, I'm not for any kind of censorship. But that being said, this
    is NOT a He-Man book for Elementary school level kids. This is definitely a 13+ book, and it's just kind of odd to me. Sure I know the
    kids like my cousin who grew up with the 2k2 series are now teenagers who can deal with it. But it had always been more of a PG
    up until this comic. Again, a nitpick, overall I've liked it. But if you see a parent thinking about getting it for their five year old "Because He-Man."
    Make them read it first because they're the ones who need to decide if their little kid can handle it.

2.) Issues 3, and 5 get kind of jumpy from #2. Because of the panel set ups it isn't automatically clear some of the scenes are flashbacks or cutaways.
    The story itself is pretty cool with a ruthless Skeletor, and Evil-Lyn. I like that they're retelling the "Hey I was tricked into being a bad guy by the Horde"
    storyarc from She-Ra. But the editing in spots looms dangerously close to being on AT4W. I had to re-read them two or three times to completely understand
    the order of the events.

3.) What is with all of the Mekaneck hate? I know in the 2k2 toon Teela riffed on him sometimes, but here it gets nuts. In one part, He-Man even acknowledges
    She is almost as annoyed by him as she is by Stinkor! What?!?!?

All of that out of the way, I have enjoyed it. I probably won't subscribe to an ongoing series (Space issues). But if DC volume trades the ongoing series
    Then I may bite.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    I missed the first six issue miniseries, but I may pick up the trade when it comes out. This series has been mostly pretty good.
    The trade is out. Has been out since last Wednesday!

I enjoyed the fourth issue, not going to spoil it for anyone who's not read it, but some of the things that people have hated about Teela get addressed in this issue, and a BIG character is featured!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Would you mind sharing it in the Spoiler section for those of us who absolutely can't wait until tomorrow??? PLEEEEEEEASE...

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    Looking at the cover to issue#4 it appears He-Man going to be in need of some medical attention soon. He’s holding the hilt of the power sword tightly and it looks awfully sharp!

Also, the jail holding Teela is 'magical'. In the first image we see Teela the spacing between the bars appears large enough for Teela to squeeze through and escape while in the later close-up shots the spacing is a lot less – it’s as if some new bars have magically materialised!

I love these comics!

Will be interesting to see how both Despara/She-Ra & Teela and Despara/She-Ra & He-Man relationships develop over the next few issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    Would you mind sharing it in the Spoiler section for those of us who absolutely can't wait until tomorrow??? PLEEEEEEEASE...
    Be patient. You will be able to download the issue from Comixology in the early am.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I enjoyed the fourth issue, not going to spoil it for anyone who's not read it, but some of the things that people have hated about Teela get addressed in this issue, and a BIG character is featured!
    How did you get to read the issue before it came out?