Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Does anyone know the sales numbers for issue 4?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Does anyone know the sales numbers for issue 4?
    We should find out in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    We should find out in a couple of weeks.
    I'm assuming with the addition of Axel's art through the pages that sales for issue 4 should be at an all time high seeing from the fan base he has in the MOTU community.

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed that issue 4 has DC comics on the upper left corner instead of DC Entertainment. I wonder if this means He-man may be joining the new 52 soon. All the previous cover say DC Entertainment.

I don't think so. Probably just some obscure branding thing. I believe the DC/MOTU crossover is going to be non-canon from what I've heard. No point in adding MOTU into the outreaches of the New 52 universe if any interaction between them is null and void when it comes to canon. Also I doubt they ever will since MOTU isn't theirs and is just being licensed. I doubt they would want to start including anything MOTU in the New 52 that isn't simply theirs outright so they don't have to worry what state their own comics universe is left in at any point where Mattel decide they don't want to continue the relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Why do I get the feeling Despara is, in the end, going to side with Hordak and end up getting killed by her own brother in this series.
    If they're following existing MOTUC canon then He-Man has more to fear from a battle veteran like Despara than vice versa. In the film “Secret of the Sword” Force Captain Adora succeeded in capturing He-Man not once but twice despite him being more powerful.

In this encounter, it would seem logically that He-Man will be reluctant to fight his sister while Despara might behave as “the most lethal weapon in Hordak’s army” first and foremost as she is still under the magic influence of Shadow Weaver. And given her intel on He-Man’s great power and the resources of the Horde Empire at her disposal she may well be able to neutralise him this time too.

Having said that I don’t understand how she is going to capture or take He-Man down (although she may be using his love for Teela against him, hence kidnapping Teela to get him to come to her where she has home advantage and wounding Teela to make it harder for them to escape together). He-Man has the power and has the sword so he should be able to easily overpower her using his strength to knock the swords out of her hands or to break them using the Power Sword. Nevertheless I can’t see the experienced Despara facing He-man without a battle plan - Maybe she has a surprise or two in store for He-Man.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Any numbers out yet for issue 4 sales?

I just wanted to say that after being thoroughly disappointed with every single issue of this series, including the mini and one-shots... I actually enjoyed issue #4. It was the first issue that I liked (although there were elements of the Hordak one-shot that I liked, overall I still wasn't impressed) pretty much from cover to cover. And that's coming off of #3, which I hated more than any other issue before it. I mean I really hated it. It was just painful. #4, however, gives me at least some hope that this rudderless ship of a comic is finally finding a sense of direction.
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

I am really getting into this storyline, and I can't wait to see where the next arc takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Any numbers out yet for issue 4 sales?
    I wouldn't be surpised if it tanked thanks to that new costume on the cover.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't know if this is the right spot for it, but ComicBookResourses did a fairly lengthy article explaining why they think the new He-Man comic is so "bewilderingly bad". This is the first 6 issues. They haven't read any of the Despera stuff.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...he-man-reboot/
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I don't know if this is the right spot for it, but ComicBookResourses did a fairly lengthy article explaining why they think the new He-Man comic is so "bewilderingly bad". This is the first 6 issues. They haven't read any of the Despera stuff.

I did see that, and I agree with every bit of it. I will say, however, that the ongoing is SLIGHTLY better. Again, I actually liked #4.
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar

People need to judge the comic for themselves and not leave it to under-qualified bloggers to lay it all out for them. I will say this, it is a good idea for every member of the creative team, including guest writers, to all be on the same page. Having too many writers trying to tell different stories at the same time would be confusing.

And, I also think that things do need to be explained as the story goes on. Why He-Man needed to re-furbish the Sword of Power and receive a new suit of armor needs to be explained. Why Hordak specifically stole away Adora and molded her into his 'daughter' and Horde commander Despera amongst others plots introduced into this DC canon. I like the entire series, but it does need to receive explanations for plot events as time goes on. If things aren't explained, it will be sloppy storytelling like a Tim Kring TV project.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

The person doesn't seem to be aware of the digital-comics that were coming out the same time as the printed issues.

Not that I'm faulting him of it. This "angle" comes from a casual fan who only picks up maybe printed versions or only trades. And go by the info in there.
    But I do wish people would do all the possible research they can, before writing pieces like this.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ehh, that article was speaking more about DC's chaotic behind the scenes creative infrastructure, than the creative choices and direction itself.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The person doesn't seem to be aware of the digital-comics that were coming out the same time as the printed issues.

Not that I'm faulting him of it. This "angle" comes from a casual fan who only picks up maybe printed versions or only trades. And go by the info in there.
    But I do wish people would do all the possible research they can, before writing pieces like this.
    I don't think there should be a need for research. All the information should be inside the Tradepaperback (on wich the article seems to be based of), and for somebody who just saw it on the shelves and picks it up and gets a mindblowing experience of this Masters story the article is okay. It shows to me, the whole thing isn't working, only for those who are really into Masters and follow everything for years. But the casual reader, ... no, for them it makes less sense than for us.

Mhan states that this rendition of Roboto was before Mattel added a few tweaks that we see in the comic.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 10, 2013 at 01:34pm.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Cool designs, I sort of like Stratos with those boots now, wasn't sure at first but then remembered he wore red ones in Filmation!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    DC Comics has announced their new solicits for November. Here are links to details about the two MOTU issues.

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #8
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/he-ma...the-universe-8

DC UNIVERSE VS. THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #4
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/dc-un...the-universe-4

the armor on cover 8 looks more like the original (at least the metal part on the chest), only with the "Batman-Symbol" instead of the cross.

I keep getting broken image links whenever I view the pages.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

DC UNIVERSE VS. THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #4
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN and TONY BEDARD
    Art by DEXTER SOY
    Cover by ED BENES
    On sale NOVEMBER 27 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T
    At long last, the identity of Skeletor’s dark master is revealed! Can the combined forces of the Masters of the Universe and the Justice League withstand the power of his dark magic?

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #8
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art by RAFAEL KAYANAN
    Cover by JOE BENNETT
    On sale NOVEMBER 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

He-Man and a small team of Masters set off toward Mount Zoar to undertake King Randor’s desperate plan to free Eternia from the Horde Occupation.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for posting the images and info!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Mount Zoar? That sounds interesting. Also, it sounds like we will FINALLY see who the red skull is in DC vs MOTU issue #4. 'Bout time!

The evil guy everyone thinks is Orko.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #4 -18,101 copies.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/26456.html
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; August 13, 2013 at 11:26am.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Thanks for posting the pics. The cover to Issue #8 actually looks really cool.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest