Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1540

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    Is there a seperate thread open to spoilers where people can discus the comics? I got a lot of questions and I don't want to mess it up for anyone by putting a post where it does not belong.
    U can discuss spoilers at the new 52 He-man page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/DC-Ne...93318480768837

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    Is there a seperate thread open to spoilers where people can discus the comics? I got a lot of questions and I don't want to mess it up for anyone by putting a post where it does not belong.
    Also discussing spoilers at this awesome group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dcnew52heman/

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio79 View Post
    So is that another death?
    I figure probably yes.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

HE MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE TP VOL 01 - 2,652

#23 out of 300 seems pretty good to me.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/26457.html

Another prominent female character dead.

Shocker.

;(
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

It merely adds some realism and drama. Oh, but one character isn't completely dead as many still seem to claim she is. Issue 4 of the new ongoing indicates she is still ALIVE!!!
    (Hordak Alpha))

Is there a place I can go to see the redisigned look of characters such as Mekaneck, Fisto, Snout Spout ect...without having to buy the comic? Thank you for any help.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    It merely adds some realism and drama. Oh, but one character isn't completely dead as many still seem to claim she is. Issue 4 of the new ongoing indicates she is still ALIVE!!!
    She's not alive, she's very much dead. ISSUE #5 Spoilers below:

Zoar: And your concern is with a name than with an apparition?
    Despara: Names have power!
    Zoar: As do apparitions. Attend...
    Despara: You do not command me--

As you can see, the Sorceress is dead and is a ghost in the form of Zoar. I do not believe we will ever see her as the Sorceress again, except in flashbacks...if they do more flashbacks.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 23, 2013 at 12:56pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    She's not alive, she's very much dead. ISSUE #5 Spoilers below:
    Flesh form, perhaps, but still very real in spectral form and potentially much more powerful than she ever was in the flesh. And, why so many people getting upset over characters being killed off in any form is beyond me. I suppose the story should go nobody dies ever, there is never any violence in war and everybody goes skipping off into the sunset happily as can be ever after.

Characters dying adds a sense of realism and drama. Violence adds realism and drama. Yeah, it's a world of magic, advanced technology and flying purple dinosaurs but if the story is supposed to connect with a reader in any way, there has got to be a hook to get them to imagine it all as maybe it could be real somewhere. Now, that also doesn't mean every major character needs to get killed off every issue, but there are casualties in war and sometimes even the nicest people get killed in war.

As far as

Shadow Weaver
    supposedly being dead, well as far as we know she is a character of the supernatural and

Sorceress
    still seems to be able to interact with Despera and He-Man so I wouldn't be so surprised if

Shadow Weaver
    pops up again sometime in the near future.

I mean, it's a story, it isn't meant to be taken super serious. Serious enough to get into the story and enjoy it and imagine what such a world could be like but not serious enough to ruin your day and your life.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Flesh form, perhaps, but still very real in spectral form and potentially much more powerful than she ever was in the flesh. And, why so many people getting upset over characters being killed off in any form is beyond me. I suppose the story should go nobody dies ever, there is never any violence in war and everybody goes skipping off into the sunset happily as can be ever after.

Characters dying adds a sense of realism and drama..

Only if you develop the characters first.

You are bringing all of your previous knowledge of the characters and using that to flesh them out yourself. That's not good writing.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

It is funny how Teela seems to be the only character the writer is really interested in, and then he's killing off all the other female characters! It's like he doesn't want her to have any competition!

I don't know if I can get all that upset about

Shadow Weaver's
    death, though. I just can't see this comic going on for a long time, and even if it did death in comics is only as meaningful as the next writer that comes along. And it won't have anything to do with any other movie, TV show, or whatever that comes up next.

4 of 5 issues now have been folded in half and damaged when being delivered by the mail for me. Real waste. I am not going to keep this sub going when it runs out. I e-mailed them and asked how they shipped them and they said "bagged and boarded" - a advertising flyer is not boarded! My nearest comic book shop is a long way form my house, so travelling to pick up an issue a month is not really a worth-while investment for me. I am sure DC has millions of other readers....

@ CanadaClassics
    Maybe you can take a trip to the comic store or telephone them to ask if they would send the comics to you. Some shops, at least over here in germany do that. There you might getting a real bagged and boarded comic.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    4 of 5 issues now have been folded in half and damaged when being delivered by the mail for me. Real waste. I am not going to keep this sub going when it runs out. I e-mailed them and asked how they shipped them and they said "bagged and boarded" - a advertising flyer is not boarded! My nearest comic book shop is a long way form my house, so travelling to pick up an issue a month is not really a worth-while investment for me. I am sure DC has millions of other readers....
    When dealing with the postal service, expect your mail to potentially come ragged, torn, folded, chewed up, and a mess. There are inept people working sorting your mail and then they pretty much toss your mail into a bunch of machines that have the tendency to ruin them. Reason why I don't bother with a comic book subscription in the first place. My Al Rio postcards, while nice to look at, aren't free of damage either.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Characters dying adds a sense of realism and drama. Violence adds realism and drama. Yeah, it's a world of magic, advanced technology and flying purple dinosaurs but if the story is supposed to connect with a reader in any way, there has got to be a hook to get them to imagine it all as maybe it could be real somewhere. Now, that also doesn't mean every major character needs to get killed off every issue, but there are casualties in war and sometimes even the nicest people get killed in war.
    The men (who are fighting these wars in this comic) do not even have so much as a paper cut. All the women are being slaughtered left and right. Snout Spout, Mekaneck, He-Man, Man-At-Arms, King Randor, Stratos, Fisto, Dekker, etc. all have bright, shiny, clean armour and keep walking around fine and dandy. If you're a lady in this comic though, watch your back, honey. I don't really see the realism there. I've never been a big fan of main characters dying off, but if there was a healthy mix of male AND female character deaths, I would understand. ONLY females dying...and quite a few of them? Yeah, there's a problem there...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Deaths can also be the easiest, laziest way to create artificial drama. Why write a compelling story to grab attention when its so much easier to just kill off characters for shock value?

And as Darkspecter pointed out, its not the deaths that is upsetting people, its that its only happening to the women. I think, in general, the "misogynistic" term gets thrown around way too loosely, but its starting to apply here.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; August 26, 2013 at 06:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    And as Darkspecter pointed out, its not the deaths that is upsetting people, its that its only happening to the women. I think, in general, the "misogynistic" term gets thrown around way too loosely, but its starting to apply here.
    And, unfortunately, seems to be something of a trend at DC.

Nobody is talking about Skeletor's 'New 52' armor yet? I would've figured it would've lit this board on fire by now with the chatter.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Nobody is talking about Skeletor's 'New 52' armor yet? I would've figured it would've lit this board on fire by now with the chatter.
    Its in the DC/MOTU crossover thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...scussion/page7

I found it after doing some looking.
    (Hordak Alpha))

I thought this last issue was the best one yet... I don't believe that the characters mentioned are actually dead, this issue had more story and I really liked it. Very excited to see where all this is going; should be fun!!!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

I found Masters of the Universe Vol. 2: Origins of Eternia on Amazon.

I bought the first one... this one looks great.. they're printing the Digital First issues (or some of them at least...)
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

If there's anything worse than killing characters off left and right it's bringing them back from the dead. I wouldn't be surprised if they went this route.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    If there's anything worse than killing characters off left and right it's bringing them back from the dead. I wouldn't be surprised if they went this route.
    If DC has to buckle under to fan complaints, then yes. I'd rather things be left as they are and let the writers tell the story how they want to do it.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Not really comic related, but it is a Skeletor by Pop Mhan for the Baltimore Comicon (9-7-2013)...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not really comic related, but it is a Skeletor by Pop Mhan for the Baltimore Comicon (9-7-2013)...
    That looks AWESOME! It's too bad Skeletor doesn't look like that in the DC comic... All of Mhan's concept art for the DC comic looks fantastic. Why won't Mattel (or DC) actually let him use the good stuff?
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 4, 2013 at 01:01am.