Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1661

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    BOOM! A picture really is worth a thousands words. This series is RUINED by a million inkers and half assed art direction from editorial. Let the talent do there damn jobs and we would have solid stuff to be excited about.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    If DC has to buckle under to fan complaints, then yes. I'd rather things be left as they are and let the writers tell the story how they want to do it.
    In general I'd have to agree with you. There's little worse than art/entertainment created by a committee. Give me a visionary's creation any day.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #9 cover by Frazier Irving.

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

He-Man's still wearing that stupid, emasculating suit.

I really don't like that art.

Frazier Irving is hit and miss. Teela in that pic is a miss.

I don't like that cover.....Teela looks dreadful and Heman is not much better.

What the yuck?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I'm not a fan of that cover. Hopefully the interior art looks better.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You saw the covers, now here are the descriptions!

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #9
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art by MICHAEL O’HARE
    Cover by FRAZER IRVING
    On sale DECEMBER 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    He-Man and his allies continue their desperate quest into the underworld of Subternia. Their goal: nothing less than the salvation of Eternia itself! But even if they have the right to ask the life-force of Zoar for aid, just what horrors and dangers stand in their way?

Ugh...that cover is terrible!

DC UNIVERSE VS. THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #5
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN and TONY BEDARD
    Art by DEXTER SOY
    Cover by BERNARD CHANG
    On sale DECEMBER 31 • 32 pg, FC, 5 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T
    With the fate of the earth in the balance, it’s the final showdown between the DC heroes and the Masters of the Universe! Plus, Teela and John Constantine travel to a dark realm to rescue Superman and find the secret of reversing the enchantment that holds Earth’s champions under its spell.
    Teela and Constantine are saving Superman?! Giffen is a Teela fan like no other...

And this is coming out on the last day of the year.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Both covers are not quite right, I like the Superman one more.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #9 cover by Frazier Irving.
    Is this real life?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Is this real life?

Sure it is - if you happen to be a modestly talented ninth-grader with aspirations....

Just about sums up the level of overall quality and care being put into these comics by the "creative" (sic) team. Pathetic.

I think that cover is great. Nice feel.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Ugh...that cover is terrible!

Teela and Constantine are saving Superman?! Giffen is a Teela fan like no other...

Giffen must be the only person on the planet who loves the monster he has created. Pygmalion crossed with Victor Frankenstein - and both gone wrong.

I don't know why he doesn't just write He-Man out of the script entirely; he's now nothing more than Teela's sidekick anyway, a characterless two-dimensional cardboard cut-out dressed in a stupid rompersuit and looking more like a member of some second-rate boyband than any kind of hero. Emasculated is about right, Durendal!
    He-Man is now pretty well incidental to the DC canon overall - the focus is - and has been from the very outset - on the repulsive Teela.

"Teela and the Mega-******* of the Universe." Now, THAT has a ring to it!

Irving make art!

My God! disrespect or contempt of some to great comic artists sometimes scares me.

I think some do not understand it maybe because some have a traditional vision about comic art and this seems more Art Nouveau in a way .
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I like the Superman cover.

I mostly like the Irving cover. I almost always love his color palette and he has a very strong sense of design.

But it also highlights his biggest flaw - he really has trouble drawing attractive people.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #9 Frazer Irving cover
    Not sure I like the cover but I do find it intriguing.

What is the significance of the giant Power Sword and the giant snake coiled around it? Is this giant snake, the snakemen’s god Serpos? Why does everyone appear to be walking down the back of the giant snake? Who is leading Teela & He-Man and is there a reason why they look so solemn or is it just because they are on a desperate quest into the underworld of Subternia?

There are also two immediate people stood behind Moss Man with part of their faces visible. Does anyone have any idea who they are?

DC UNIVERSE VS. THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #5 Bernard Chang cover
    Like the art.

You really get the feeling Superman is struggling to break free of those fierce-looking Hordak-like dark magic entities or whatever they are.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Didn't even realize the 2nd cover was by Bernard Chang. I love his art, but that looks phoned in.

One word: Meh...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I mostly like the Irving cover. I almost always love his color palette and he has a very strong sense of design.

But it also highlights his biggest flaw - he really has trouble drawing attractive people.

This exactly. I have tremendous respect for Irving overall. He's got a great sense of color. He did some amazing work with Iron Man. But his humans are very often sort of distorted or slightly grotesque. If the cover had focused on the villains I think it would have been awesome. But I'm not sure he's terribly suited to these heroic figures.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Wow, not a fan at all of either, the DC is ok but there is no motu reprasentation, if DC comic yeah its cool but this in my view should have a tie in of motu and DC. As far as the motu comic, its pretty ordinary, im no artist just a fan and i dont like it, looks very boring, characters have no emotion so im now presumming they are under a spell, in a trance maybe, i just dont see he-man anywhere, take that H symbol away and the sword and the heading and someone showed me the comic id say not sure. Its not getting me excited at all to sit down and read it.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    Here is the sales data for issue #5 of the ongoing series and other some other comics in August:

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe issue #5: 16,898

Marvel's Infinity led all comic book sales with 205,8129 copies, followed by Superman Unchained, Batman, and Justice League all selling more than 100,000 copies.

Here is the link to full list of August comic book sales for those interested:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...3/2013-08.html

I used to read Daimon Hellstrom :Prince of lies BUT I heard they canned that story after it only produced 12,000 issue sales by number 6 and that was like 2 decades ago maybe this dreadful tittle has very little legs to stand on which is still ok in my books because this book still needs a lot to be desired Oh well I'd rather keep my money in my pocket than spend it on this much longer.

I'm sure like Hellstorm ( it's early Warren Ellis- and it's already good or was it Garth Ennis ) it will become my favorite read right before they can it...
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1