Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1757

Thread: He-Man/MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Widget

Sword of Protection?

Does anyone find it intriguing that the snake is coiled around the hilt of the sword right where say...a jewel could be? They're looking for something that is supposed to help save Eternia and wouldn't the second twin of power be just the thing that could help them do that. If the Sword of Protection isn't shown before the end of this series arc and Adora is still alive, could this not be what the life force of Zoar provides them with to allow Adora to channel her powers like Adam does when he becomes He-Man? I hope so, because I really would like to see She-Ra proper enter this comic series.
    Last edited by sw1701; September 16, 2013 at 04:11am.

That would mean Adam/He-Man/Adora have reforged that sword as well. To me it is definately NOT the sword of Adora. The stupid new "H" thing on the hilt is very visible and does not resemble the sword of Adora. The snake just has to go towards the viewer at some place to show that a huge number of people is walking on the back of it.
    If they are so blind to reshape that sword as well, mostly with not showing how and why, the sword of Adora is unrecognizable and Fans might be angry. At the end of the Adora digital comic the sword looks normal.

I really hope those demons attacking Superman on that cover aren't actually Trollans. If DC vs MOTU just turns out to be DC pursing the 'Orko and his race are evil demons' nonsense that seemed to be hinted at in the six issue mini then that will be disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXX View Post
    That would mean Adam/He-Man/Adora have reforged that sword as well. To me it is definately NOT the sword of Adora. The stupid new "H" thing on the hilt is very visible and does not resemble the sword of Adora. The snake just has to go towards the viewer at some place to show that a huge number of people is walking on the back of it.
    If they are so blind to reshape that sword as well, mostly with not showing how and why, the sword of Adora is unrecognizable and Fans might be angry. At the end of the Adora digital comic the sword looks normal.
    I think the how and why is fairly apparent if the idea is thought of a little bit. Up until the events begun in the ongoing 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' title, Hordak and the Horde were largely treated as a myth, a scary story buried within the histories of Eternia. Up until that series, He-Man had been dealing mostly, as has been shown, with Skeletor and the forces of Snake Mountain.

A worthy threat but not exactly a massive armada of villains. Now, Eternia has suddenly had an atomic bomb dropped on them as Hordak and the Horde invaded the entire planet in one fell swoop, overtaking the forces of good and making them flee to the walls of Castle Grayskull. A massive army of troopers, batmeks, creatures and whatever plus Hordak in the form of a chaotic demonic god-being all wreaking havoc across the face of Eternia.

The Sword of Power up until the Horde invasion was a small weapon, the typical size meant for close quarter combat. He-Man is leading a fight for the freedom of Eternia where he is to be put in the thick of battle with perhaps hundreds or even thousands of troopers descending upon him each second. There won't be time for single one on one bouts with troopers in a battlefield crawling with them.

He-Man, champion of Eternia equipped with super muscle, a chainmail loincloth, a harness leaving him mostly entirely exposed to potential injury and a regular sized sword. That attire and size of weapon won't cut it.

The options that Zoar and the spirit of King Grayskull seem to realize are that their chosen hero needs to be better equipped to handle the dangers of the Horde invasion if he is to even come close to victory. So, first and foremost, they guide He-Man to the hidden away legendary forge where, under the guiding hand of King Grayskull's spirit the Sword of Power is re-shaped and prepared for the battles to come.

The blade is extended in length giving it a much more destructive range at attacking armies of Horde troopers, giving He-Man a bit more of an edge of killing them before they even get a chance to get close enough to potentially kill him.

For those moments where the extended sword might not protect against such attacks like melee or by chance if an enemy trooper sneaks through He-Man's line of defense and gets close enough to mortally wound him, a new suit of battle armor that covers his entire body.

Head shots are hard to execute on a moving target, but body shots to the body and limbs are a bit easier. The mortal injury is reduced by having a full body armor suit covering the naked parts of He-Man.

I have a difficult time understanding why there are fans in the MOTU fandom who have such a hard time considering the logical applications of He-Man's sword being made into a bigger weapon and why he'd need armor during a global war with a massive armada and their demonic god-being leader.

As for She-Ra and her sword, hard to say what's going to transpire. I'd figure the forces of Castle Grayskull would better prepare her for the war ahead as well.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

It's a shame. I really did love that rendition of the power sword in the unaltered comic cover for that issue. That said the new sword isn't an eyesore. I prefer the other version, but I can live with this one.
    I hate you. So much.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    It's a shame. I really did love that rendition of the power sword in the unaltered comic cover for that issue. That said the new sword isn't an eyesore. I prefer the other version, but I can live with this one.
    That first version of the sword re-design looked pretty cool to me too. I figure that must've been a concept that wasn't final yet when that artwork of DCU Vs. MOTU was released this past summer.

And, the re-forged sword is basically the same shape as the classic and the blade resembles the 200x sword. It isn't that much of a dramatic departure from what we know.

The same with He-Man's new armor. The 'H' shield is the familiar one worn by the action figure on various occasions, the armor has a harness similar to the classic and I see some elements of 200x battle sounds in it as well.

For a drastic departure for the Sword of Power, you should've seen some of the concept designs for that now dismissed MOTU movie by that Justin Marks hack. The sword presented on that He-Man was shaped like a katana and contained ZERO familiar elements of the Sword of Power. I'm glad that project died.

The DC comic, at least, has tried to keep some familiarity along with the injection of new content.
    (Hordak Alpha))

I personally think the current armour seems like a 200X type redesign of Thunderpunch He-man. I honestly don't get what's the big problem with that armour. I hope it stays for a while before it's swapped out for something else.

I didn't see the concepts for the movie, but I did hear about some of the Justin Marks proposed movie. I wasn't looking forward to it myself.

The DC has tried to keep some familiarity. Though arguably it relies on it too much. I think it would be beneficial if in the future the comic went over some character history for a lot of the cast. I think it assumes a lot of foreknowledge of MOTU from its readers. I also think it's potentially at its best when it makes its own stamp on the mythos, like Marlena currently being on Earth. I found that interesting. I was beginning to think she was dead (or for a moment a reinvention of Shadow Weaver going on how issue 5 played out) until I read DC vs MOTU.
    I hate you. So much.

@ Hordak Alpha
    Man, all those sentences only because i called the sword hilt stupid? Or isn't the whole Posting not meant for me? Because my Post was only about is it Adora's sword or not, and to me it is not. If it is, so please better stop this right here right now, because i have no interest in a back and forth posting discussion with you like you had with Eamon. For that my english ain't good enough and my time to precious.
    But think about what you wrote on the other thread:
    Too much change doesn't make things better.
    And now look closely how many things have been changed in DC's Version of Masters, just look at that what they call Hordak...

MAXX, no I don't want a back and forth. And, yeah too much change doesn't make something better but some change can add some new life to something. Some people on this board like to try and use my words against me and try to 'put me in my place'. Go ahead if it makes you feel better because I have no control over that and really am not concerned.

I merely expressed my opinion in that other post due to how I'm thinking about the changes to the sword. If you disagree, you disagree. It seriously doesn't matter to me. If you misunderstood my intention, then I apologize, but I'm not going to feel guilty about expressing my views. Other members seem able to write massive book-like posts expressing their views so why can't I without getting flack for it?

And the changes exhibited in the new DC MOTU comic aren't too much. It'd get to be too much if the entire status quo of the franchise were changed within the scope of the comic. So far, He-Man and the MOTU are still having to contend with the likes of Skeletor and Hordak for the fate of Eternia. Until it changes to something like He-Man is sent to the world of New Texas to contend with the evil forces of Tex Hex and Huey, Dewey and Louie, it isn't too much change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    I personally think the current armour seems like a 200X type redesign of Thunderpunch He-man. I honestly don't get what's the big problem with that armour. I hope it stays for a while before it's swapped out for something else.
    Yeah, it does sort of resemble thunder punch too.

I didn't see the concepts for the movie, but I did hear about some of the Justin Marks proposed movie. I wasn't looking forward to it myself.
    I didn't think the concepts were all so great.

The DC has tried to keep some familiarity. Though arguably it relies on it too much. I think it would be beneficial if in the future the comic went over some character history for a lot of the cast. I think it assumes a lot of foreknowledge of MOTU from its readers. I also think it's potentially at its best when it makes its own stamp on the mythos, like Marlena currently being on Earth. I found that interesting. I was beginning to think she was dead (or for a moment a reinvention of Shadow Weaver going on how issue 5 played out) until I read DC vs MOTU.
    The digital one shots seemed to try to serve that purpose for awhile at least. DC seems to have canceled it. The 'Origins of Eternia' series I'd like to see have more issues devoted to origins of characters without interrupting current story arcs.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Guys there's a DC He-man page of Facebook. For those who are a fan of DC's canon and want to have positive discussions about DC's MOTU. Come on over!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DC-Ne...93318480768837

I know. It's freaking heaven compared to having to deal with offending the part of MOTU fandom who get bent out of shape every freaking time someone like me expresses an opinion about the new book.

I'm sorry I discussed my in-story ideas about why the Sword of Power got changed. Forgive me for expressing my freaking opinions.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Not sure if this has already been posted...

Slideshow preview of Issue #6

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/201...erse-6/#page/1
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The big question is where will Adora go after the story is over.

Nice to see Battle Cat again.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Nice preview. I hope Adora survives. We need a She-Ra comic!

I didn't catch the Mantisaur easter egg until Axel pointed it out on FB.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I really think Adora is going to die now. I will definitely stop buying these comics if she dies. Also, weird tentacle Hordak actually looks really cool on the last preview page. Not sure how I feel about Teela getting dressed up like Despera (*remembers all the talk about Teela replacing She-Ra* ).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I really think Adora is going to die now. I will definitely stop buying these comics if she dies. Also, weird tentacle Hordak actually looks really cool on the last preview page. Not sure how I feel about Teela getting dressed up like Despera (*remembers all the talk about Teela replacing She-Ra* ).
    There do seem to be indications that she might die, or at least incapacitated. Could be a red herring, or maybe she dies and is reborn as She-Ra. I guess we'll know for sure in just a few days!

Originally Posted by Pop Mhan
    A speed "paint" to try out some techniques I've been mulling over in my head. You never know what it'll look like until you... actually do it. Hahaha

This is the direction I'd take if I was asked to redesign He-man. ...not that I've ever been asked or probably ever will... Hahahaha!
    Still, a fun exercise.

I like that a lot.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I like that a lot.
    Lose the armor on the arm and I'd be totally ok with that, too, cuz he, you know, actually LOOKS like He-MAN, not like Adam after he put on Iron Man's armor over his jammies.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I know! And I'm scared.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    One thing came to mind after reading your post. Adora wields two swords in the cover to #6, while Teela has two swords attached to her back in the cover to #9.

Does this mean Adora will give her swords to Teela as she lays dying as a thank you for being "...the only thing in my life that still sits true" or will it be as a thank you for freeing her from Hordak's hold when she no longer needs them and has the Sword of Protection? Damn, I want to know now! There killing me with the suspense!
    Last edited by Robin Hood; September 29, 2013 at 04:29pm.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Pop is at it again!

A speed Paint of Roboto! Again, the concept to which, is this is how my Roboto redesign would start. I say start because, well, there's usually a crap load of attempts before locking down THE look.

I hope that Adora doesn't die but that she chooses the Horde for a little while longer before switching to She-Ra. Keep her evil a bit more.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I don't see why everyone thinks Adora is going to die. Maybe I've missed those tidbits, perhaps. I figure this entire Horde occupation of Eternia storyline is meant to be Adora's origin story to becoming She-Ra. It'd be a lame cop out if she became She-Ra in one single issue.
    (Hordak Alpha))