Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1676

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Preview: DC Universe Vs. The Masters of the Universe #3

http://www.comicbookresources.com:80...eview&id=19298

EDIT: Just noticed this is out today...
    Last edited by Tallstar; December 4, 2013 at 07:48am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Preview: DC Universe Vs. The Masters of the Universe #3

http://www.comicbookresources.com:80...eview&id=19298

EDIT: Just noticed this is out today...
    Whoa! Read that preview w/o having reas the first two issues. The story sounds fun and the art looks great. Why can't the same love fall on the real MOTU series?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Just downloaded it, really enjoyed it!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Well I am sure those of us who are still teenagers will love this bad girl 90's styled cover.
    Man, even Teela's gun and outfit looks like something from Cyberforce or Youngblood....comic from 20 years ago.

Forgetting just for a moment the utter ridiculousness of a Wonder Woman vs. Teela fight.

I think the only DC vrs MOTU thing I ever imagined (though never really wanted) was Wonder Woman vrs She-Ra.

I will not be buying this comic.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #12
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art by MICHAEL O’HARE
    Cover by RYAN SOOK
    On sale MARCH 19 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    The dramatic conclusion to “What Lies Within.” With He-Man captured, it’s up to Teela and the rest of their allies to try to overcome their enemy and his overwhelming forces. But what price will come with victory? One hero has already been tragically lost and one will be transformed forever. A major chapter in the history of the Masters of the Universe concludes, as another is about to begin.

Last edited by Tallstar; January 12, 2014 at 04:52am.

If anyone was wondering… I am very VERY happy with this…

I'd be happier if she were covered more of course, being the prude that I am… But LOVE that she's back in the comics!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

That is one sexy Green Goddess! But what is with Stratos' helmet?

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    If anyone was wondering… I am very VERY happy with this…

I'd be happier if she were covered more of course, being the prude that I am… But LOVE that she's back in the comics!
    I'm happy to see her as well. That gif was a look of shock/excitement, not disgust btw.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Vava-VOOM!!!!

Sexy Green Goddess! Ho, ho, ho -- Green Goddess!

Add her to the New 52 variant list, along with yellow cross barbarian He-Man, original New 52 Teela, Teela "Woman-At-Arms" and Despara.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

This is what I love about covers and solicitations. Previously the solicits were like "Moss Man dies!". Now he is on the latest cover all well. Yet solicit still says "one hero has already been tragically lost" so while it could mean it wasn't Moss Man, it just as well may not prove anything at all.

But love seeing The Goddess on the cover! (Or the Sorceress as she originally was called, especially when referring to the green-skinned one)

So she will be Serpos/Zoar/Living Force/Star Seed...

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    That is one sexy Green Goddess! But what is with Stratos' helmet?
    Eh? The new helmet we've seen in 5 issues already..

What if she's the patron goddess of the Snake Men? Like that old idea from RGD?

Or what if the Sorceress is now the Green Goddess?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 13, 2013 at 01:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What if she's the patron goddess of the Snake Men? Like that old idea from RGD?
    My wondering goes something like this. Spoilers ahead if you've not been reading the comic...

By issue 12, will they have gotten the Sorceress back? What I'm loving is that Goddess or Sorceress here as Jukka is correct to say, is yet again a pre cursor to the main Sorceress! Only in this case as it appears on the cover, she's a force to be reckoned with, no more a "damsel in distress". She's very Diety looking here witch is also very appropriate IMO.

Exciting stuff!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post

Eh? The new helmet we've seen in 5 issues already..
    I haven't been reading it. Waiting for trade paperback. The art is horrible and most of you say the story is too so I'm not gonna waste the money on gas to drive to a shop every month for it.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    VERY happy to see the Goddess on the cover!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

and one will be transformed forever.
    Could that mean they're going to make Teela the new Sorceress?
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I haven't been reading it. Waiting for trade paperback. The art is horrible and most of you say the story is too so I'm not gonna waste the money on gas to drive to a shop every month for it.
    The art gets better with issue #9. They are changing artists in mid-story.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
    That "Green Goddess" is hands down the best DC "redesign" I've seen... this cover also boasts the best interpretation of this new He-Man that I've seen as well. His face, hair, and sword are PERFECT... LOL!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

If they can get someone awesome like Ryan Sook to make that cover, why must they have such a revolving door of interior artists?! I sometimes wonder why I'm even bothering with this, DC has proven how little they care about this comic how they can't seem to keep any writer for more the 3 issues, it feels like the comic book equivalent of what CN did the MYP cartoon . I will say the current one is good,Dan Abnett wrote a relly good sci-fi team book called the Hypernaturals for Boom! But just give Axel artist duties, he deserves it, and Val the coloring job Also I'll ask again, did anyone here give Amethyst a chance? It was the closest thing to She-Ra DC had going and they pull the plug in less then 10 issues you see why I hate em lately, Aaron would also make a great artist for MOTU seeing his style here: http://aaronlopresti.deviantart.com/...over-368836814

Also, what's up with Moss Man's look!? Remember when Eamon went into a rant about Bow's golden armor? Well it makes even LESS sense for a guy made of magical plant matter to be wearing strips of gold if you ask me.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Heroic Warrior
    Nice cover, I see the Goddess more of a good snakeclan entity for warriors like Zilora... A power of its own, befriended with the Sorceress and arch-enemy of Shokoti... Hot chicks all around

Well done DC! Well done!

Court Magician
    Just jumped onboard with the last issue. Loved it. I've loved everything I've ever read by Dan Abnett. Looking forward to a new artist though. And now I need a He-man figure in his comic armor!

Interesting look for the Goddess. Really nice to see her pop up. Though with regards to the speculation as to whether she may be or own entity or the Sorceress reborn. I kinda wonder if maybe she's a possessed Teela. Though maybe that's just me thinking of the Snakehead helmet. Can't wait to see this issue when it finally hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wish I knew why Mattel has no faith in the original designs. I'm hoping that one of the MOTU podcasts could get Toyguru or one of the DC creators on as a guest to ask them questions about the comic's creative direction.
    You'll never get an answer, bc Matty says it's DC-driven & the DC people say it's Matty directed.

Everyone knows it's a stinker, so nobody is taking credit.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I love that cover
    I love Ryan Sook
    I love The Goodess
    I Love the MYP 200X stylized mystical energy snakes that King Hiss used.
    I love that cover

Art by MICHAEL O’HARE
    After Google search I was all like Could it be, a SINGLE DC comic without ANY suck? Wow, miracles really do happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Sorceress yes, The Goddess eh...I kinda feel like a little Eve imagery isn't inappropriate for a cosmic deity. Doc Manhattan, is so beyond "human" stuff that clothing and a sense of shame seam childish or nonsensical. Think to Genesis, If Adam and Eve are nude and God is walking on the earth wouldn't that mean God is nude as well? (assuming a literal translation)

that or DC are perverts looking to make a few bucks of an implied nip slip But yeah, I get your meaning. I could do without all the TnA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    This is what I love about covers and solicitations. Previously the solicits were like "Moss Man dies!". Now he is on the latest cover all well. Yet solicit still says "one hero has already been tragically lost" so while it could mean it wasn't Moss Man, it just as well may not prove anything at all.

But love seeing The Goddess on the cover! (Or the Sorceress as she originally was called, especially when referring to the green-skinned one)

So she will be Serpos/Zoar/Living Force/Star Seed...

I love DC52 Zoar...The emblem, the new sword Zoar being the "font of magic" and ties to the Star Seed...That cycle of renewal and rebirth...I'm wondering if Teela is sacrificed to begin a new cycle and this is DC's Teela/Sorceress 2.0? The Goddess of Grayskull!

Have we had reference to the Snakemen yet?
    Perhaps they get unleashed to fight the Horde after issue 12?
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; December 14, 2013 at 02:17am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just finished reading the ongoing series issue #8 and the last 2 DC issues (#2&3). Man...I thought the story was improving, but it's gotten worse again. Giffen said they were going to stay away from team-up cliches as much as possible, but he's doing a darn good job at nailing each and every single one. BADLY, I might ad. No one will listen to Batman or reason, everyone wants blood and refuses to even think for a second. Bleh.

The big baddie reveal is vomit inducing, too.

The ongoing series is faring a bit better, but the dialogue is so hard to read. It doesn't flow well and is super awkward. A good example is how they keep calling Moss Man by his ridiculous "real name" given to him in the bios, sentence after sentence.

The thing that upset me most about issue #8 though (besides the "art"), has to go into the spoiler section:

I really do not like that the Green Goddess is Serpos, the Star Seed, Zoar and pretty much everything else...and created the Power Sword, Eternia and the Universe itself. These are all separate things. She can't BE all of them...unless she's some type of shape-shifting deity. It's just making everything unnecessarily convoluted, and making all the other things irrelevant.

I LOVE that the Green Goddess is coming back though, and I think she looks amazing. Is she showing a lot of skin? Yes, but she's a Goddess.

She reminds me of Shiva from Final Fantasy VIII.

Also, WHERE IS DESPERA?! She's one of the only good things about the new comic series and we last saw her in issue 6. We've had TWO issues without her. FIVE if you count the MOTU vs DC comics. I don't think I will be renewing my subscription for next year. Reading these comics (and paying for them) feels like some sort of cruel and unusual punishment. I'm going to keep my sub until the very end though, because I signed up and I honour my commitments. If it gets better, I may re-sub...but right now...it's not looking so good. Bring back Despera! Make a She-Ra comic! Improve the art! My God, the last few issues can only be called chicken scratch! Storyboard art looks better than whatever the heck that was...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 14, 2013 at 02:07am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah