Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1675

Thread: MOTU DC Ongoing Comic General/Subscription/Upcoming Issues Discussion

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #15
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art by POP MHAN
    Cover by ARIEL OLIVETTI
    On sale JULY 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    The Origin of She-Ra continues!! As Adora struggles with the sins of her past, she and her brother He-Man must trek to the mysterious island Anwat Gwar. But when a Horde Fright Zone stands in their way, He-Man calls upon the Power of Grayskull to forge a path to Adora’s destiny!
    New issue has been solicited...

• Is that another new costume?!
    • Are we going to see New 52 Sy-Klone?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I suppose that He-Man and Adora are on a journey to find the Sword of protection (and also to learn each other). Oh and it seems that He-Man will start to look like He-Man again. At least half of him.
    Last edited by granamyr80; April 22, 2014 at 01:15pm.

I wonder if Sy-Klone will be guarding the Sword of Protection and try to keep He-Man and Adora from getting it.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I wonder if Sy-Klone will be guarding the Sword of Protection and try to keep He-Man and Adora from getting it.
    "You want to use one of my Legacy Stones to give yourselves more offbeat variants?"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I can immagine the dialogue:

Adora: Excuse me but we need this sword.
    Sy-Clone: No you can't have it. It's my dutyyyy!!
    He-Man: Damn! Here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Oh and it seems that He-Man will start to look like He-Man again. At least half of him.
    I agree. Much better than the Iron Man look. But I notice that he's still wearing pants, which is the big problem that outsiders usually have with He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Oops sorry MGM but i didn't see that you already post the July's solicitation. Can a moderator cancel my post please?
    Why not just edit your post and only leave your comments?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I think they can come up with something a little grander than cyclone just guarding the sword of Protection. It needs to be a little more epic than that.....it also has me worried that the gem seed will now be relegated to a flippin legacy stone! The stone of protection needs to be Something far more powerful than that!

Maybe now that Grayskull is destroyed there is a dimensional gateway still accessable to the twins on that island that can take He-Man and Adora back to this new dark Etheria, perhaps traveling to the Crystal Castle..... Something actually connected to She-Ra's established origin, rather than just patching a origin together from the dregs of previous Eternian stories. I am not against a new angle in her origin but DC must still tip there hat in part to what was there before.

They must make it epic. She-Ra'a reveal was one of the most Impactful, eventful and epically awesome stories told in the history of thia entire brand...... I hope DC have paid She-Ra her due..... But with the man pulling all the strings on this comic often never agreeing on how he treats She-Ra I am preparing myself to be very disappointed.... If her MOTUC bio is anything to go by and not having powers comjng not from
    Physical Strength....

But I have liked Dispara, so I am holding out hope that She-Ra might come across ok and be allowed to shine a light equal to her brother!
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 22, 2014 at 01:20pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I agree. Much better than the Iron Man look. But I notice that he's still wearing pants, which is the big problem that outsiders usually have with He-Man.
    Give them a couple of issues and he will turn back to the loincloth. Then Teela will turn back to her barbarian outfit (because if they left her with pants, while He-Man is in his furry sorts, it will be considered reverse sexism). I bet they will not try to put She-Ra in pants after the whole pants fiasco.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Why not just edit your post and only leave your comments?
    Done. Thanks for the help.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    In my view, Anwat Gwar with its magic that hinders travel to the island and its past reputation for making swords and other weapons make it an appropriate place on Eternia to hide a powerful artefact, such as the Sword of Protection. While the trials that Adora will face in getting there and during her stay on the island will help demonstrate her fitness to wield the sword.

I just wonder how they will get to the island? Will they need to find Swifty first to fly there? Or will the Horde Fright Zone be ‘donating’ a plane or boat for the trek?
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The Origin of She-Ra continues!! As Adora struggles with the sins of her past, she and her brother He-Man must trek to the mysterious island Anwat Gwar...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    In my view, Anwat Gwar...
    What the heck is with spelling "Anwat Gar" with a second "w"---this place has to do with Keldor and Sy-Clone's race, not the joke-rock band. Right?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    What the heck is with spelling "Anwat Gar" with a second "w"---this place has to do with Keldor and Sy-Clone's race, not the joke-rock band. Right?
    I believe it's a typing error. But even if it's not, i wouldn't mind at all. So far the Gar are not mentioned in the DC continuity, and probably it's better this way. The last thing that this comic need is to bring the Gar and the whole racist aspect of MOTU with them.

That new costume is such a step up! Love it and the new sword, too!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

There is also...

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE VOL. 3 TP
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN and MIKE COSTA
    Art by POP MHAN and DREW JOHNSON
    Cover by ED BENES
    On sale AUGUST 13 • 160 pg, FC, $14.99 US
    The hordes of Hordak attack Eternia in this new title collecting issues #1-6 of the monthly series. When He-Man discovers the true identity of their leader, Despara, it will take all his power to stop her from destroying everything and everyone he loves. Also includes MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE digital chapter 9.
    DC UNIVERSE VS. THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE TP
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN, TONY BEDARD and PAUL KUPPERBERG
    Art by DEXTER SOY, POP MHAN and others
    Cover by ED BENES
    RESOLICIT • On sale AUGUST 27 • 160
    pg, FC, $14.99 US
    After escaping to Earth, Skeletor sets in motion a plan to drain the planet’s magic. He-Man and company go in search of Skeletor but find themselves at odds with the heroes of the DC Universe! Collecting the six-issue miniseries, plus DC COMICS PRESENTS #47.
    Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are canceled.
    - - - Updated - - -

I believe it's a typing error. But even if it's not, i wouldn't mind at all. So far the Gar are not mentioned in the DC continuity, and probably it's better this way. The last thing that this comic need is to bring the Gar and the whole racist aspect of MOTU with them.
    Yeah. It's an error from the solicit itself. I'll have to fix it with the correct spelling when the story comes up on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    .....it also has me worried that the gem seed will now be relegated to a flippin legacy stone! The stone of protection needs to be Something far more powerful than that!
    How is the "storage place" related to the Powerfulness of the Stone?

They could have just as easily said Evergreen Forest or some other locale.

Better, but seeing those classic looks make me dislike the IronMan armor on he man even more.The Thunder punch armor looks so cool( especially without the backpack.)

Why cant they use original He-Man? Why have they change everything? Whats wrong with his original dress and even sword? The new one looks terrible...

Well... it's better, but if I had my choice I'd give him the classic Battle Armor.
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

Love the artwork.

Heroic Warrior
    What we got here is good old-fashioned Failure-by-focus-group of the kind so beloved by bumbling corporations.

Ie - a total mess. Again.

But - frankly - who even cares?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Love the artwork.
    The cover's artwork is really impressive! It reminds me Esad Ribic's style on Thor. One of the best covers so far.

Ariel Olivetti have done in the past a couple of sketches of He-Man and Skeletor:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hsfdjmkMu1...1600/HEMAN.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hsfdjmkMu1...tor2+copia.jpg
    Last edited by granamyr80; April 22, 2014 at 09:38pm.

Well you would just leave a sword of Grayskull on an island! As Grayskull is now no more the next most powerful and important location in this universe that could rightfully house the sword of protection (that makes sense) is the crystal castle or maybe Grayskull or central tower from the three towers. Even the cave or power from He-Ro's origin would be better than a gar island.

Having she-Ra's sword on Cyclone's island is just cheep writing IMO. But then they had the sword of Power in a palace wall so who knows. I hope the island just has a gateway back to Etheria, where he-man and Adora will travel to and find her sword and light hope in the crystal castle and Adora's destiny. It's time to see more of the female horde characters and the great rebellion gals perticularly as it's She-Ra's origin.

That's why I feel the location is important. It's an opportunity to reveal more of She-Ra's story characters. Concerning the sword of Grayskull I think more care should been taken of a weapon that will bestow the power of She-Ra on Dispara ..... If She-Ra's reveal does take place on this island rather than start the journey off.
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 22, 2014 at 10:16pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Well you would just leave a sword of Grayskull on an island! As Grayskull is now no
    More the next most powerful and important location in this universe that could rightfully house the sword of protection (that makes sense) is the crystal castle. Having she-Ra's sword on Cyclone's island is just cheep weiting if thatnjs infct where it is and not just a gateway back to Etheria it's a sword of Grayskull I think more care and would have been taken care of a weapon tht would bestow half the power of Grayskull on someone.
    We don't know if actually the Sword of Protection is on the island. Nor we have any evidence that Sy-Clone is still there. They are all speculations. Perhaps on Anwat Gar there is a portal or a dimensional gate that leads to Etheria. Or is where they will find the knowledge for the actual location of the Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Why cant they use original He-Man? Why have they change everything? Whats wrong with his original dress and even sword? The new one looks terrible...
    Mattel is testing new designs in case a movie is made. The new designs have to be plausible for a Hollywood movie audience of non-fans.

We don't know if actually the Sword of Protection is on the island. Nor we have any evidence that Sy-Clone is still there. They are all speculations. Perhaps on Anwat Gar there is a portal or a dimensional gate that leads to Etheria. Or is where they will find the knowledge for the actual location of the Sword.
    I very much hope this is the case. As a starting point for the journey to her sword it's quite cool, but to cut Etheria out of She-Ra's reveal in faviour of this island is just wrong on all levels IMO.